Thiago Silva

Irish_Cules

Barcelona want to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) this summer. The first contacts have been made. [sport]

I doubt its true but we can always dream......

Barcelona want to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) this summer. The first contacts have been made. [sport]

I doubt its true but we can always dream......

I can see us throwing a bid out there, but I'm not expecting anything else.

He has stated that he's a Barca fan though, so who knows... maybe he's seen the state of our defense and gives enough of a shit to hand in a transfer request and join us to try to fix it up (very possibly winning a CL in the process)? One can always dream :lol:

Like I said before though, I don't think he'd be the best choice since he's injury prone. He'd be perfect if he weren't injury prone though. And he'd still be a great signing if it does happen, though getting him would result in a higher chance of defensive injury crises than getting Kompany or Hummels (for example) would.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

He has stated that he's a Barca fan though, so who knows... maybe he's seen the state of our defense and gives enough of a shit to hand in a transfer request and join us to try to fix it up (very possibly winning a CL in the process)? One can always dream :lol:

Like I said before though, I don't think he'd be the best choice since he's injury prone. He'd be perfect if he weren't injury prone though.

He has had injury problems this season but I don't know if I would call him injury prone. He has still managed to play 32 games for PSG this season and he never really had injury problems at Milan as far as I am aware. It's not like he's Diaby.

Stric

Yep, his "injury-proneness" is exaggerated. Maybe in an attempt to console ourselves because we couldn't have him? :lol:

Galning

That or he doesn't want to pay Hollande's 75% wage tax.

Irish_Cules

This is such an unlikely transfer though. PSG paid €42m for him and he is their club captain. We would have to pay at least €45 million and he would have to demand a transfer and kick up a huge fuss about it.

Still.........

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He would be Godlike for Barcelona. Outpace any forward & barely needs to use his pace because of his brains.

Stric

I wouldn't mind it if we spent 45 or 50 million on him, I don't care. Not that it's likely, but I wouldn't care. This club has wasted millions and millions in the recent years, I wouldn't mind them paying a large sum for a transfer as "safe" as this one. We're bound to sell many players this summer, anyway, so there should be enough left for other transfers even if we spend big money on Silva. He should be the priority.

Irish_Cules

I wouldn't mind it if we spent 45 or 50 million on him, I don't care. Not that it's likely, but I wouldn't care. This club has wasted millions and millions in the recent years, I wouldn't mind them paying a large sum for a transfer as "safe" as this one. We're bound to sell many players this summer, anyway, so there should be enough left for other transfers even if we spend big money on Silva. He should be the priority.

Same

Home of Barca Fans