Thiago Translantara

I think this next quote (my own translation) will summarize the way I feel about the whole Thiago saga and why i think is gross to even cry over this player.

"And this is the great reflection TITO made, as soon as he came back from NY, about the possible departure of Victor Valdes ( another player who has threaten to leave but now will stay because no offers were made for him). I'm talking about the words expressed by TITO when asked if he would persuade Valdes to stay. ""If he was a stranger, if he hadn't spent all his life in Barca, among us, with us, witnessing how we (Barca) behave with those from Barca's family, maybe I would try to talk to him, but Victor has spent all his life with us, and there is nothing else i could say to him."" end of quote. Emilio Pérez de Rozas

I will never support any player who is not committed to the club. I don't care if you are Messi or Thiago. Barca has nothing to fear. I'd rather have a Sergi Roberto,a Tello who loves barca playing for us than someone like Thiago. I wish he would be gone as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Just because someone cares about their future doesn't mean they hate Barca. Thiago doesn't want to rot on the bench!! Who does? He a quality player and deserves some minutes. He isn't getting any here because our lineup is filled and no seems to get tired or injured

I never said he hated barca. I'm talking about commitment. A player like Thiago who has witnessed the rise of the likes of Iniesta and Xavi ( who were always on the bech their first few years after they turned 20) a player who has been told time and time again that he's Xavi's replacement shouldn't be acting like that. Why can't he ask to be loaned until Xavi becomes older? Why does he want to be sold? it's that a way to pay Barca back? he knows he's worth more than 18 millions but does he give a rat's .... about Barca? does he care? You want playing time? or do you want money? if it's playing time, we can loan you to a club where you can play every single game ( like isco) buty if you want money, Barca shouldnt offer you w.e you desire. And if it's money that you want then make sure you close the door when you leave.

F

Flavia

I still think he could wait a season. Or ask to be loaned as many suggested. I also doubt he'll be at the wc. But if he's not committed, it's best to go.

PaCmAn

Hope Thiago is gone in the next few days anyway. Barca board problem or not, I won't support any player that is not committed to the club, Man U can deal with him and his father. Mazinho seems like a right piece of s..t.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think this next quote (my own translation) will summarize the way I feel about the whole Thiago saga and why i think is gross to even cry over this player.

"And this is the great reflection TITO made, as soon as he came back from NY, about the possible departure of Victor Valdes ( another player who has threaten to leave but now will stay because no offers were made for him). I'm talking about the words expressed by TITO when asked if he would persuade Valdes to stay. ""If he was a stranger, if he hadn't spent all his life in Barca, among us, with us, witnessing how we (Barca) behave with those from Barca's family, maybe I would try to talk to him, but Victor has spent all his life with us, and there is nothing else i could say to him."" end of quote. Emilio Pérez de Rozas

I will never support any player who is not committed to the club. I don't care if you are Messi or Thiago. Barca has nothing to fear. I'd rather have a Sergi Roberto,a Tello who loves barca playing for us than someone like Thiago. I wish he would be gone as soon as possible.

A telling quote, apropos even but I don't think every Barcelona player should be held to that standard...particularly when their role is unclear and has even reduced...He has given great service to the club and has never pretended to be something that he isn't, ambitious...If he goes, I can't fathom reproaching him for doing so but I can certainly criticize the manner in which this decision even needed to be made in the first place

sailor

I totally agree with you. Barca is not Thiago and Thiago is not Barca !

Gaudi

Hope Thiago is gone in the next few days anyway. Barca board problem or not, I won't support any player that is not committed to the club, Man U can deal with him and his father. Mazinho seems like a right piece of s..t.

Agree, but loosing such a gem for 18mil, and you know what is in the future, trying to buy him back for like 50-60 mils in whole summer saga

PaCmAn

Agree, but loosing such a gem for 18mil, and you know what is in the future, trying to buy him back for like 50-60 mils in whole summer saga

I would not want Barça to buy him back, hope they don't add a buy back in his clause or ask for first refusal. Once you leave, you leave. Also I want Tito out, and Rosell out in 2016, 3 more years under him is unbearable.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
This whole saga is nothing to do with him not getting enough games, please do not be so naïve as to be sucked into this greedy game that his father and agent are playing. Thiago made 20 starts and 16 as sub last season, playing in the same team as arguably the best 2 midfielders in the world, Xavi and Iniesta. This whole thing is about getting a new contract and getting more money. His father is exploiting the clause in his contract that was (stupidly but cleverly from the fathers pov) put in. I really rate Thiago, but I also hate these Brazilians who seem to only care about money and if this is the attitude that we are going to have to expect from him in the future then let him go and I hope his career nose dives. Personally I think he will be offered a new contract and will be playing for us next season.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
This whole saga is nothing to do with him not getting enough games, please do not be so naïve as to be sucked into this greedy game that his father and agent are playing. Thiago made 20 starts and 16 as sub last season, playing in the same team as arguably the best 2 midfielders in the world, Xavi and Iniesta. This whole thing is about getting a new contract and getting more money. His father is exploiting the clause in his contract that was (stupidly but cleverly from the fathers pov) put in. I really rate Thiago, but I also hate these Brazilians who seem to only care about money and if this is the attitude that we are going to have to expect from him in the future then let him go and I hope his career nose dives. Personally I think he will be offered a new contract and will be playing for us next season.

He played 10 games more the season before though

PaCmAn

Well said.

Home of Barca Fans