Thiago Translantara

i_bleed_blaugrana

This whole saga is nothing to do with him not getting enough games, please do not be so naïve as to be sucked into this greedy game that his father and agent are playing. Thiago made 20 starts and 16 as sub last season, playing in the same team as arguably the best 2 midfielders in the world, Xavi and Iniesta. This whole thing is about getting a new contract and getting more money. His father is exploiting the clause in his contract that was (stupidly but cleverly from the fathers pov) put in. I really rate Thiago, but I also hate these Brazilians who seem to only care about money and if this is the attitude that we are going to have to expect from him in the future then let him go and I hope his career nose dives. Personally I think he will be offered a new contract and will be playing for us next season.

I tend to share this sentiment. It's clever bc if Marzinho is as clever as I think he is, this move automatically guarantee's he gets a higher wage and more playing time regardless of whether he stays or leaves. I think this whole saga recently was merely a bluff to guarantee Thiago more time here next season. I'm sure they knew any rumors of him leaving would result in Rosell and co. throwing him a fat new contract, and since they will want to see a return on their investment, economically speaking they are forced to play him more. Regardless, if Barça don't budge at least he will go to a team that he will start at and get more money at, so either way Thiago's goals are achieved.

From what I've heard, his preference is to stay at Barça. This whole "wanting to play in the WC" thing has been blown out of proportion by the media, bc he should know that his chances of even playing a small cameo role is the absolute best thing he can hope for, and even that is a long shot. Playing in a new league won't change that, regardless of how good he is this next season, so the more logical move is to accept the new contract and subsequent playing time here, at his home.

I have a lot of confidence he isn't going anywhere, and when he and Neymar tear it up next season, I'll be there to say I told you so.

ebc_99

I think he will stay, I can't think why he would want to leave as everything at Barca is better. He may get more minutes but he will get plenty at Barca anyway, it is up to him to improve and to make it as hard a decision as he can for Tito when he selects the midfield.

Thiago got the minutes he deserved last year and Tito is right not to guarantee him any more, If he performs to a higher standard he will get a higher number of minutes. He is a long way off Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets, and if those 3 are fit they should play 80% of the time. When Busquets was 22 he was performing at a much higher level than Thiago is now, Busquets made that position his, he didn't complain he just kept his head down and worked hard to be the best he could be, Thiago should do the same.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I think he will stay, I can't think why he would want to leave as everything at Barca is better. He may get more minutes but he will get plenty at Barca anyway, it is up to him to improve and to make it as hard a decision as he can for Tito when he selects the midfield.

Thiago got the minutes he deserved last year and Tito is right not to guarantee him any more, If he performs to a higher standard he will get a higher number of minutes. He is a long way off Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets, and if those 3 are fit they should play 80% of the time. When Busquets was 22 he was performing at a much higher level than Thiago is now, Busquets made that position his, he didn't complain he just kept his head down and worked hard to be the best he could be, Thiago should do the same.
Biased much? I'm sure everything is not better at Barca, some things maybe, but to make a statement like that just oozes short sightedness.

It's all down to the perspective of Thiago and his advisors. This transfer saga wouldn't be happening if everything was fine and dandy.

jklz

Guardiola: "No one leaves Barça for money. You only leave if they get rid of you or if you aren't playing & want to. No other reason."

ebc_99

Biased much? I'm sure everything is not better at Barca, some things maybe, but to make a statement like that just oozes short sightedness.

It's all down to the perspective of Thiago and his advisors. This transfer saga wouldn't be happening if everything was fine and dandy.

I am biased, I love this club and I honestly can't understand why Thiago or anybody with a future at the club would want to leave. If I were a player, Barca has everything I would want and I did exaggerate a bit when saying everything is better but when it comes to players at the club, coaches, playing style, stadium, attitude to the game, city, lifestyle, climate, team potential short and long term Barca is better. Manchester United are a great club but not many players if any would choose them over Barcelona.

Thiago is a very good player and has potential to become great but to leave Barca at 22 when Xavi is 33 and he just has to be patient is a mistake that he will regret more than the club. Barca will be fine and can bring other youth players through or sign someone from abroad but Thiago may never get the chance to play with players as good as Messi or Neymar again or play football this good again. It is a very important decision and there is no going back, if he leaves I think it will be over for him at the club forever.

mixer

iSG3W2kElm9jb.gif

:lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing to do with Busquets. £220.000 a week from City made his eyes explode.

Not at all.

A player of his calibre deserved to play regulary, but he was not with Busquets being our first choice.

Thats the only reason he left.

Similar to the Thiago situation now who is perhaps leaving because of lack of playing time.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
What happened to mine and Sunny's posts?

I am biased, I love this club and I honestly can't understand why Thiago or anybody with a future at the club would want to leave. If I were a player, Barca has everything I would want and I did exaggerate a bit when saying everything is better but when it comes to players at the club, coaches, playing style, stadium, attitude to the game, city, lifestyle, climate, team potential short and long term Barca is better. Manchester United are a great club but not many players if any would choose them over Barcelona.

Thiago is a very good player and has potential to become great but to leave Barca at 22 when Xavi is 33 and he just has to be patient is a mistake that he will regret more than the club. Barca will be fine and can bring other youth players through or sign someone from abroad but Thiago may never get the chance to play with players as good as Messi or Neymar again or play football this good again. It is a very important decision and there is no going back, if he leaves I think it will be over for him at the club forever.
Oh I completely agree with you. All I'm saying is that your opinion won't be the same as Thiagos. I know that you know this of course.

He is a professional footballer with many opportunities at his grasp and when you're in a unique and priviledged position as he is, I can only imagine that the decision making toggles in his brain are going crazy. There's no doubt that he is at a crossroads in his career. Be patient at Barca, the team he has grown up in and currently one of the best in the world, or make a bold decision to join another excellent club and team where he is likely to play a larger role. The Premier League as well is a very attractive league.

The option of moving to Man Utd is certainly one not to be sniffed at.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans