Thiago Translantara

BarcaJack

The transfer isn't making much sense. Alex Song is the guy ManU needed, not Thiago. And I don't think ManU will change their tactics for Thiago.
IMO I think it's better for him to hold on to Barca than try something new in ManU. He's not as good as he believes. At least not stable.
Compare him to Kagawa: If they are both in ManU: Rotation maybe? I don't think Thiago is better. If they are both in Barca: I see Thiago play and Kagawa on the bench.

Martindn

The transfer isn't making much sense. Alex Song is the guy ManU needed, not Thiago. And I don't think ManU will change their tactics for Thiago.
IMO I think it's better for him to hold on to Barca than try something new in ManU. He's not as good as he believes. At least not stable.
Compare him to Kagawa: If they are both in ManU: Rotation maybe? I don't think Thiago is better. If they are both in Barca: I see Thiago play and Kagawa on the bench.

Kagawa would not play same position as Thiago. Thiago is what we need the most, he has a bit more flair but hes almost an exact mould of a younger Scholes. Carrick always stays deep, intercepting and spraying forward passes, getting another defensive midfielder to partner him would be gash.

Vantheman

We play Kagawa behind the striker or as a left winger. On the other hand, Thiago will be signed to partner carrick.

Last edited:

Martindn

Reports from Spain saying Barcelona and Manchester United are set for crunch talks next week to discuss the transfer fee for midfielder Thiago Alcantara. The player has decided to leave the Catalan club and is said to have already agreed a five-year deal with the Red Devils but an agreeable fee is yet to have been found by the two clubs.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/6491?cc=5901

Espn used to be reliable not sure recently.

Jadentheman

Reports from Spain saying Barcelona and Manchester United are set for crunch talks next week to discuss the transfer fee for midfielder Thiago Alcantara. The player has decided to leave the Catalan club and is said to have already agreed a five-year deal with the Red Devils but an agreeable fee is yet to have been found by the two clubs.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/6491?cc=5901

Espn used to be reliable not sure recently.

Why is this difficult? United triggered the release clause nothing else to it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Barcafire

If someone had already posted this, I apologize.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...remier-league-la-liga-summer-transfers-070513

Some key excerpts:

Barcelona sources have revealed they have yet to receive an official approach from Manchester United, or any other club, for Thiago Alcantara.

When approached by Sky Sports, a Barcelona source would only say: "We still have not received any formal offer for the player."

It is claimed Barcelona are not looking to negotiate Alcantara's sale with anyone, but he is widely reported to have a buy-out clause of just over £15million so they would be unable to prevent him leaving if this figure was met.

Martindn

Why is this difficult? United triggered the release clause nothing else to it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I assume we dont want to pay tax on the release clause, if we can negotiate a transfer of say 22m euros then we both come out better than just paying the clause. Well better than if we had tax.

Its looking likely, my heart cant take another sneijder so heres hoping.

F

Flavia

I assume we dont want to pay tax on the release clause, if we can negotiate a transfer of say 22m euros then we both come out better than just paying the clause. Well better than if we had tax.

Its looking likely, my heart cant take another sneijder so heres hoping.
That would be also better for Barça. 22 instead of 18... Hope they do it.

Home of Barca Fans