Thiago Translantara

Banana-Rama

Even if you say so, United have offered Thiago 3 times the wages he has at Barca. That's 140k/week. Unless you can better that even on monetary terms, he will never agree to stay. Money is the best lure for young players.

140K a week :lol: he won't be on anywhere near that mate, more like 80/90k...

lovebarca

Man, he played he a lot once he was injury-free. I really don't know why people don't see this when the numbers are actually there for everyone to see. Look at this:

Thiago:

e8hnc3wy.png

Iniesta:

iv94ilm2.png
can anybody tell me how to generate this data from "www.transfermarkt.co.uk"?
I mean i don't know enough about this site and i seen this web and from that only total appearances can be seen from league.
I want to see data in minutes played by each player by each team wise by each year.I mean how shown in this post.
can anybody help this in this matter?

Man, he played he a lot once he was injury-free. I really don't know why people don't see this when the numbers are actually there for everyone to see. Look at this:

Thiago:

e8hnc3wy.png

Iniesta:

iv94ilm2.png

Almost identical share of minutes. It's clutching at straws to believe Thiago wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if Tito had played him a bit more in 1 or 2 games. All of this has nothing to do with playing time.

Thiago should still have played more than he did. First off, he didn't get the minutes his contract required. And there were plenty of opportunities to give him those minutes. An injured Xavi played over him ffs. Not to mention he was benched for most of the 4 pointless games at the end of the season. If I'm not mistaken, playing him in those games would have kept his buyout clause at 90m. Barely playing him in those games was completely inexcusable.

It has a LOT to do with playing time. He didn't get the playing time his contract required (again, there were plenty of opportunities to give him that playing time) and could leave because of that.

Last edited:

Armando929

It's clearly a lack of trust in Thiago.

Going back to the Cesc purchase, I think it's clear whom the club believe is the one to take the reins when Xavi is gone.

Thiago will probably get the same minutes he got last season with Tito still around and that won't be enough for the World Cup. Maybe a move is his best bet.

ShandyFFM

Does Thiago ever played for our B team like his younger brother now ? I think Rafinha is more an attacking midfielder not the clasic Xavi/Thiago type who passes the ball all the time am i right ?

Rafinha plays in Messi's position for the most part. He's good first touch and good dribbling skills but he's more of an attacking player. I think he's more of an Ozil type of player than Xavi.

Mesu

Does Thiago ever played for our B team like his younger brother now ? I think Rafinha is more an attacking midfielder not the clasic Xavi/Thiago type who passes the ball all the time am i right ?

Thiago played around 60 games for Barca B before getting promoted to the first team. And yes, Rafinha is an attacking midfielder unlike his brother who is more of a central midfielder like Xavi but he has more flair.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Thiago is still here?! Dafuq is going on? I thought the deal was meant to go through on Friday?

oz187

Thiago signed his contract two seasons ago so it's likely relatively low wages. Since signing that contract he's established himself into the squad and so this is a good time to get a new contract. With the exit clause this also puts Thiago into a stronger negotiating position. This may all be a game with the standard PR shenanigans by agents as they battle the board to try to come to a deal. Him staying on is just as likely as him leaving.

With Rafinha having a 30M buyout clause seems the board may have learned its lesson.

Vantheman

Thiago signed his contract two seasons ago so it's likely relatively low wages. Since signing that contract he's established himself into the squad and so this is a good time to get a new contract. With the exit clause this also puts Thiago into a stronger negotiating position. This may all be a game with the standard PR shenanigans by agents as they battle the board to try to come to a deal. Him staying on is just as likely as him leaving.

With Rafinha having a 30M buyout clause seems the board may have learned its lesson.
How do you explain people from United's side telling ESPN that we are very confident of a deal? This is ESPN we're talking about not some random ITK from twitter.

Jadentheman

Chance are they learner their lesson when they fail to keep Tjiago

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How do you explain people from United's side telling ESPN that we are very confident of a deal? This is ESPN we're talking about not some random ITK from twitter.

Chances are, they are still finalizing the details of the deal. I think at this time none of us (both we Barca fans and you guys) are really surprised.

Home of Barca Fans