Thiago Translantara

karthik

What reactions these ? Guardiola speaks about a player whom he is interested in and we lose our respect for him ? It shows intent from his part to give Thiago the confidence and belief that he is not shown here at our club.

Martindn

Imagine what a team he will have if martinez at CB actually works. Will probably make your recent domination seem small.

Keikoku

Cabbage
What reactions these ? Guardiola speaks about a player whom he is interested in and we lose our respect for him ? It shows intent from his part to give Thiago the confidence and belief that he is not shown here at our club.

Because Pep said he won't buy any Barca player (which I don't know if it's really himself said that or it was just wrote by media :pep: )

Mr Hulot

Why are you guys mad? He's just about to dismantle the winning formula that Heynckes had built. Already sold their main striker who had the highest goalscoring ratio in Europe after Messi and Ronaldo, converting Martinez into CB. Next logical step would be to sell Robben and Ribery and replace them with "hard workers".

I could not care less about Bayern personally. I am a Barcelona fan and I don't want us to lose a brilliant player like Thiago. Why should be happy if Bayern performs worse this year? Also, lol at you thinking that selling Gomez was a huge mistake. The guy is nowhere near the level to play in a top team. That is why no big team was interested in him, that is why a not so spectacular player like Mandzukic was an indisputable starter under the winning formula of Heynckes.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Didn't Brendan Rodgers say the same about Swansea and then signed Joe Allen for Liverpool? ;)

Pep strikes me as a man of principle. A man of his word, and comparing the Rogers move really is false equivocation. Two completely different situations. Again, we are his heart. Don't be surprised if he comes back later down the road. It's his purity and purely gentlemanly passion for the game that separates him from most coaches. Out of respect, I do not think he would actively pursue Thiago.

However, it is a different story if Thiago is initiating contact. If so, he clearly wants to leave and we should let him. But I'm pretty convinced that this rumor is just more paper sellers... :coffee:

Like come on, if he thinks he isn't getting playing time with us now, what would moving to Bayern accomplish? Pep's mere presence does not guarantee him game time and instead of competing with an aging Xavi and a somewhat stuttering Cesc, he's going up against Götze, Kroos, Shaqiri, and Schewini for an advanced role in the midfield. All of which are in their primes, and other than Götze (who obviously will lock down a starting spot) all are well established in the squad. Based on a purely sporting-career decision, it's not a rational one. I also feel he would be a lot more susceptible to injury in the more demanding Bundesliga, which is rougher than the PL, and is obviously much different than La Liga. As Forest alluded to, he's got a real chance this year to make Barça his. I honestly think him and Neymar could be more deadly than even him and Messi. If he and Neymar can really gel, they will bring out the best in each other which would be the perfect evolution of style for this club.

Don't believe the hype.

Sorry I know this is a lot, but this whole Pep bashing has gone on quite enough. Some of these comments and comparisons to Mou are just :facepalm:

Our standard of play never dipped until the 2nd half of Pep's last season. 2009 was a bit of a hiccup with the whole Ibra drama bc as soon as Pep introduced Messi as a false 9, Ibra became obsolete and rightfully so. He has all of the technique and skill, but he never had the heart for our style. He is an incredibly vain person and this carries over to how he plays, our style demands more commitment and is part of why it works.

I'm going to attribute a lot of why we are struggling now is bc we didn't address the warning signs that were showing up with Pep's last season. Our defense began its steady decline (mainly with Piqué) and Messidependencia really kicked in once Villa went down. I'm pretty convinced that had we had Villa, we probably at least would have won La Liga and at least advanced against Chelsea. Our attack was always sharp, it was just our finishing was terrible. It resulted in a lot of dropped points through ties and losses right after Villa's injury which created a huge mountain for us to climb back against Madrid. And don't get me started on how lucky Chelsea were, especially in the first leg. Dominated that entire series and other than Ramires' beauty of a chip, Chelsea were througly outplayed. Messi's pk miss still hurts...

Messi's goal rampage made it easy for us to think we could get by without too much but I also think Pep foresaw what was going to happen to us this season and got out at a smart time. It seems as if he wasn't a huge fan of Rosell, so he got out before it got too bad.

Point being tho, Pep was always great. The overall class was always there and it was only due to key injuries (Iniesta was hurt in 2009 mind you, it wasn't just Ibra) and poor luck that we faltered. 2008 and 2011 showed what we are at full strength.

I won't allow people being pissy about us having a rough-ish season to license to bash a man who is honestly trying to change football much like Cryuff did. He's done too much for this club and is doing too much for football for people to just bash...sorry

Last edited:

Keikoku

Cabbage
Well then... Is it's the time we will blame Tito because he gave Thiago lack minutes already, or still on cursing Pep periode? :VdB:

Ursegor

World Champion
Pep strikes me as a man of principle. A man of his word, and comparing the Rogers move really is false equivocation. Two completely different situations. Again, we are his heart. Don't be surprised if he comes back later down the road. It's his purity and purely gentlemanly passion for the game that separates him from most coaches. Out of respect, I do not think he would actively pursue Thiago.

However, it is a different story if Thiago is initiating contact. If so, he clearly wants to leave and we should let him. But I'm pretty convinced that this rumor is just more paper sellers... :coffee:

Like come on, if he thinks he isn't getting playing time with us now, what would moving to Bayern accomplish? Pep's mere presence does not guarantee him game time and instead of competing with an aging Xavi and a somewhat stuttering Cesc, he's going up against Götze, Kroos, Shaqiri, and Schewini for an advanced role in the midfield. All of which are in their primes, and other than Götze (who obviously will lock down a starting spot) all are well established in the squad. Based on a purely sporting-career decision, it's not a rational one. I also feel he would be a lot more susceptible to injury in the more demanding Bundesliga, which is rougher than the PL, and is obviously much different than La Liga. As Forest alluded to, he's got a real chance this year to make Barça his. I honestly think him and Neymar could be more deadly than even him and Messi. If he and Neymar can really gel, they will bring out the best in each other which would be the perfect evolution of style for this club.

Don't believe the hype.

Sorry I know this is a lot, but this whole Pep bashing has gone on quite enough. Some of these comments and comparisons to Mou are just :facepalm:

Our standard of play never dipped until the 2nd half of Pep's last season. 2009 was a bit of a hiccup with the whole Ibra drama bc as soon as Pep introduced Messi as a false 9, Ibra became obsolete and rightfully so. He has all of the technique and skill, but he never had the heart for our style. He is an incredibly vain person and this carries over to how he plays, our style demands more commitment and is part of why it works.

I'm going to attribute a lot of why we are struggling now is bc we didn't address the warning signs that were showing up now. Our defense began its steady decline (mainly with Piqué) and Messidependencia really kicked in once Villa went down. I'm pretty convinced that had we had Villa, we probably at least would have won La Liga and at least advanced against Chelsea. Our attack was always sharp, it was just our finishing was terrible. It resulted in a lot of dropped points through ties and losses right after Villa's injury which created a huge mountain for us to climb back against Madrid. And don't get me started on how lucky Chelsea were, especially in the first leg. Dominated that entire series and other than Ramires' beauty of a chip, Chelsea were througly outplayed. Messi's pk miss still hurts...

Point being, Pep was always great. The overall class was always there and it was only due to key injuries (Iniesta was hurt in 2009 mind you, it wasn't just Ibra) and poor luck that we faltered. 2008 and 2011 showed what we are at full strength.

I won't allow people being pissy about us having a rough-ish season to license to bash a man who is honestly trying to change football much like Cryuff did. He's done too much for this club and is doing too much for football for people to just bash...sorry

While you were producing this wall of text, which I did not read, Pep was holding a press conference in which he did just that. :lol:

Mr Hulot

Imagine what a team he will have if martinez at CB actually works. Will probably make your recent domination seem small.

I don't think so, as some of key players like Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Robben and Dante won't be able to play at their current level for many years given their age.

loozy

He said, as I have posted before today, during the first week of training Bayern that he loved them as much as he had loved the Barca-team - after one week, mind you.

And he also just stated in the presser that he wants Thiago.

Maybe you want to rethink your post? ;) Pep is not a saint, don't paint him as one.

Meitux

I still dont hate Pep,he is only concentrated on his team and thats a very good thing.We dont know for sure if he said that he wont buy any player from Barcelona.But we need to be patient,time will show..

Home of Barca Fans