Thiago Translantara

JamDav1982

our midfield isnt thin. busi and song are never injured, both are at ease as CMs, and iniesta and cesc will mostly play midfield now with neymar signed. the 6th midfielder wont get many chances, but it is a toss up between roberto and samper (if he impresses for the b team).

Yeah the midfield is not thin at all and there are even attacking players like Messi or Neymar that could play AM if needed and Masch to step into midfield in case of emergencies also.

It is the best covered area of the team other than RB.

Barcafire

Man, as soon as saw Pep's announcement that he wanted Thiago, that was it for #11 at Barça. Oh well, I'm happy it's over and not have to hear any more speculations about Man U trying to get him.

Bye Thiago. Wish you the best, but I'm glad you're out. If you don't want to defend these colors, then I hope the door hits you on the way out.

oz187

Getting 25M is not that bad. In the short term it's not a problem with Xavi, Cesc and Iniesta and well as Song available to play in midfield. The cantera is always there to bring along more midfielders and if necessary they can use the money in future to buy a replacement. With him, Villa and Abidal all leaving the wage bill will be a bit lighter as well.

As for Bayern, they have a lot of good midfielders young but Robben and Ribery are both key for them. Robben can be inconsistant and selfish, but when it came to the big games; Champions League semis and the final Robben delivered this year. Both these players always pose a threat and cause problems for the opposition. They make Bayern hard to defend against as there is constant threat from both wings. They make the team dynamic. Their decline will be as much of a problem as the decline with Xavi is for us. And because they are wingers where pace is more important, don't expect their decline to take longer.

ivan22

our midfield isnt thin. busi and song are never injured, both are at ease as CMs, and iniesta and cesc will mostly play midfield now with neymar signed. the 6th midfielder wont get many chances, but it is a toss up between roberto and samper (if he impresses for the b team).

of course it is. Busi and Song both compete for the CDM spot, they're not CM material (especially not Song...). So that leaves Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc for the CM position. So we have three (!) players for a two-player spot. That my friend, is thin.

L

Learo

I predict Samper will have a stormer of a season and will be considered for the first team by Christmas and no one will even remember Thiago at all. Busquets will slot in at Xavi's position whenever it is demanded and be as cool as ever.

Trickykid

of course it is. Busi and Song both compete for the CDM spot, they're not CM material (especially not Song...). So that leaves Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc for the CM position. So we have three (!) players for a two-player spot. That my friend, is thin.

Of course Song is CM material - perhaps even more so than DM.

loozy

I tell you what would be hilarious, if Barca trolled Bayern by using the 25M to get Lewandowski.

Lewandowski is going to Bayern next season, has already been agreed with Dortmund and why would you need a striker more than a CB?

JamDav1982

Song played better for Arsenal further up the pitch than he ever did at DM so he is an option there.

Roberto can play in there to see how he progresses and also if they choose to play Messi behind a striker as against AC Milan last season he effectively could take up the place of more attacking midfielder.

If you want four class players for 2 positions then forget it you will end up with unhappy players.

Home of Barca Fans