Thiago Translantara

F

FlaFCB

That's not that I said though.

I said Pep signed him despite having someone like Kroos at the club, while we let him go because we had Xavi who was showing obvious signs of weakness with his Achilles tendon problems, and had Prince Fabregas.

Pep had the vision to trust him and give him importance alongside Kroos while we thought it was great business to sell him for 25m because Prince was supposed to be the successor, The Chosen One.

Someone tampered with your phone... it's spelling "snake" as "prince".

serghei

Would you say Pogba is a top 5 midfielder? Or Verratti who's had some great CL performances against us and a couple of not so good ones.

Actually expected Verratti to have evolved more. Not impressed with his evolution either. As for Pogba, out of the 3, he has the most claims, considering his stint at Juventus and him being an important player for France. Although here, due to Verratti and Thiago having 'Barca DNA', they would be rated as better automatically.

I guess you could say Thiago and Verratti have more ability than some of their performances in big pressure games would let you believe. You could also say they have world class ability but they're not showing it as often as they should when it matters most.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Actually expected Verratti to have evolved more. Not impressed with his evolution either. As for Pogba, out of the 3, he has the most claims, considering his stint at Juventus and him being an important player for France.

I guess you could say Thiago and Verratti have more ability than some of their performances in big pressure games would let you believe.

Pogba has no big games to speak for either apart from the ones in Italy, but Juventus have been walking that league for years now. He was probably France's biggest flop in the Euros, and I like Pogba, but his performances when it has mattered have been really disappointing, especially as it seems like he lets the pressure get the better of him.

Didn't have big roles to play against us in the final, against Madrid apart from that header-assist to Morata and Bayern last year although he had one nice game against them.

Argument can be made against any player that age IMO.

serghei

Didn't have big roles to play against us in the final, against Madrid apart from that header-assist to Morata and Bayern last year although he had one nice game against them.

Argument can be made against any player that age IMO.

The game vs Madrid on Bernabeu is a decisive game for Juventus were Pogba delivered. I expect the same thing from Thiago. A do or die game in which he stands out. So far, not seeing that, but, as I said, he can make the next step for sure any time from now.

I'm expecting the Madrid - Bayern tie to see more of Thiago myself, since I only caught 3-4 games from Bayern this season. Perfect time to see him against a strong opponent in a time when he seems to be sharp, and on form.

JamDav1982

The game vs Madrid on Bernabeu is a decisive game for Juventus were Pogba delivered. I expect the same thing from Thiago. A do or die game in which he stands out. So far, not seeing that, but, as I said, he can make the next step for sure any time from now.

I'm expecting the Madrid - Bayern tie to see more of Thiago myself, since I only caught 3-4 games from Bayern this season. Perfect time to see him against a strong opponent in a time when he seems to be sharp, and on form.

Pogba was poor in that game vs Real and looked injured.

Can remember it being discussed at time despite his goal.

Edit: His assist.

Last edited:

DonAK

I'm not saying Thiago's is god's gift to Earth, but he was a legit option at CM which is the position most difficult to sign or develop very good or World Class players to.

Not many CMs under 30 at that level around right now.

CuleLife4Life

Just found out he and his Spanish wife are having a baby soon. If the club were smart, they'd go on a major offensive for him. He( and his wife of course) may be more willing to come back so the child could be raised in Spain.

DonAK

Don't think it'll will happen until next year if he doesn't sign a new contract. His wife is Catalan though and seem to be good friends with some of the current Barca WAGs so.... :pep:

jamrock

Let's close the Thiago trend because it's damning to my soul to see how well he is going and also that people have the slightest doubt of just how good the young man is.

Yannik

The game vs Madrid on Bernabeu is a decisive game for Juventus were Pogba delivered. I expect the same thing from Thiago. A do or die game in which he stands out.

Pogba didn't really "deliver" or "stand out" that game though.
He made an assist which was a won aerial duel that luckily fell in front of Moratas feet, but didn't really have any significant offensive or defensive highlights. I'd say he was "a player on the winning team", but not like a game changer all in all.
If that's the standard then Thiago should probably exceed your expectations.
That, of course, is if Bayern doesn't suddenly get steamrolled or something like that.. sometimes CL does that to a club.

Last edited:
Verratti is far better and more consistent than Pogba has ever been. Even Utd fans don't rate him as one of their best in the teamn ffs.

Thiago one of the few signings that could mitigate not signing verratti or b.silva.

9thMode

Banned
Verratti is far better and more consistent than Pogba has ever been. Even Utd fans don't rate him as one of their best in the teamn ffs.

Thiago one of the few signings that could mitigate not signing verratti or b.silva.

I'd have to say Pogba has been abysmal, and even though I have always stated just how much of a hype made star he is, and glad we did not sign him,
prior to joining United he had always stood to be counted when the chips were down! Most noticeably against us and against RM.
I can't say same for Veratti which is why I still have my doubts about him. He always seems meh against big teams, but shines against little ones.

wisconsincule

Let's close the Thiago trend because it's damning to my soul to see how well he is going and also that people have the slightest doubt of just how good the young man is.

I was so excited when he lit up the Under-21 Uefa Euros only to be sold a month later. Epic blunder by our board to let him go and I don't think Bayern will do the same unless he costs an absurd amount. At this point any superstar midfielder will though...

Last edited:

light

I'd have to say Pogba has been abysmal, and even though I have always stated just how much of a hype made star he is, and glad we did not sign him,
prior to joining United he had always stood to be counted when the chips were down! Most noticeably against us and against RM.
I can't say same for Veratti which is why I still have my doubts about him. He always seems meh against big teams, but shines against little ones.

Can't agree with you here. I would say that pogba has been meh against big teams, while verratti shined against most of the big teams.

Home of Barca Fans