Thiago Translantara

karthik

The Catalan media always concentrates on Thiago's attitude... Always undermine his talent, adding an argument that his attitude doesn't fit with the dressing room... Always suggest he should be sold to gather money...

Doesn't really take a ricket scientist to see the intent behind their agenda. Ridiculous journalism

Exactly mate. Should indeed piss off the lad who has worked so hard towards this.

Xavi_78

IF media in England is to be believed Manchester as well as Chelsea are sniffing around Thiago. I mean it is Mirror and Dailymail but compared to other silly transfer rumours these at least would make sense in the way that both teams are badly in need for a creative player in midfield. But if this whole saga is turning into a Cesc 2.0 in the future (we let him go and then have to buy back for ridiculous amount of money) RoSELL will be the biggest idiot of all time

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That possibility can't be discounted

I can't see club making such a move without Pep's approval. And I definitely can't see Pep being such a moron. He sure does know few mind games but he isn't so cruel, definitely not towards the Cantera graduates

Exactly mate. Should indeed piss off the lad who has worked so hard towards this.

I sense a little sarcasm there :p No but he's only a kid, from a filthy rich family who's being hailed a little too much(which of course he earned on his own) for his own good. They need proper grooming, under Pep's iron fist he'd mature for sure

Xavi_78

I can't see club making such a move without Pep's approval. And I definitely can't see Pep being such a moron. He sure does know few mind games but he isn't so cruel, definitely not towards the Cantera graduates

And it look quite silly to be honest when in the same time a lot of his teamplayers in the U21 coming out with Interviews (Muniain, Javi) telling what a cool dude he is and very nice in the dressing room

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
And it look quite silly to be honest when in the same time a lot of his teamplayers in the U21 coming out with Interviews (Muniain, Javi) telling what a cool dude he is and very nice in the dressing room

exactly

every body loves him but the Catalan media. fuckers
Today in EMD, they go to such a low as to suggest he hasn't got humility citing his goal in the Euro U21 final as an example... I mean :facepalm:

Last edited:

karthik

I sense a little sarcasm there :p No but he's only a kid, from a filthy rich family who's being hailed a little too much(which of course he earned on his own) for his own good. They need proper grooming, under Pep's iron fist he'd mature for sure

Haha Estel, theres no sarcasm without a smiley :D. True, under Pep he will grow immensely. The Mister indeed showed confidence and fielded him during important games this season like the game at the Madrigal and the player hasnt failed to repay the faith either. But my fear is, does Thiago's ambitions differ from that of the club itself, which is why the press is chocking him every day in the transfer section?

Not to forget how close he is with the Brazillians in the senior team. ( dance celebration and card games ).

exactly

every body loves him but the Catalan media. fuckers
Today in EMD, they go to such a low as to suggest he hasn't got humility citing his goal in the Euro U21 final as an example... I mean :facepalm:

I read an article in EMD yesterday regarding Thiago and the editor feels the necessity of Cesc is not as much as it is deemed to be. He had few words of praises on how Thiago led the Rojita to the Euro glory.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

The implication is that Pep has first right of refusal on what the board & Rosell does...I doubt that is the case as evidenced by Cheesuz' sale alone

I do wonder for the non-Catalans among us whether ethnic pride has a big role to play in this debate about Thiago vs Cesc, particularly among the Catalan press...Cannot discount that I'm afraid, as much as it would pain me to recognize...Perhaps a bias against Thiago does exist

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I read an article in EMD yesterday regarding Thiago and the editor feels the necessity of Cesc is not as much as it is deemed to be. He had few words of praises on how Thiago led the Rojita to the Euro glory.

but there are articles, against him, that appear as frequently too!!

The implication is that Pep has first right of refusal on what the board & Rosell does...I doubt that is the case as evidenced by Cheesuz' sale alone
I think Pep has gained more authority from Rosell from that day. And I felt so after how Rosell not pnly took back his comment, the 5-0 one, but also said sorry after Pep said that's a wrong statement. That speaks volumes about how much Pep can control the board now. May be the optimist in me speaking so but Pep is a very powerful figure in Barcelona now, moreso than the president himself

I do wonder for the non-Catalans among us whether ethnic pride has a big role to play in this debate about Thiago vs Cesc, particularly among the Catalan press...Cannot discount that I'm afraid, as much as it would pain me to recognize...Perhaps a bias against Thiago does exist
That's what I think of it too

Bergkamp10

Well it doesn't look like Man U are getting Sneijder, Modric or Nasri so Thiago is possible if Barcelona sign Fabregas. Does he not have a 10m euro release clause or something from next week onwards? That would make me doubt that United have bid £15m unless release clauses' only apply to Spanish clubs.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well it doesn't look like Man U are getting Sneijder, Modric or Nasri so Thiago is possible if Barcelona sign Fabregas. Does he not have a 10m euro release clause or something from next week onwards? That would make me doubt that United have bid £15m unless release clauses' only apply to Spanish clubs.

Foreign clubs have to pay the tax along with the buy-out clause I suppose. Also his buy-out clause is 30m not 10

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Foreign clubs have to pay the tax along with the buy-out clause I suppose. Also his buy-out clause is 30m not 10

EVERYONE has to do that if the selling club doesn't agree to the transfer.

and the massive bias for Cesc in the Catalan press clearly a matter of nationalism. I'm sure that's also half the obsession over getting him back in the team. to continue the tradition of Catalan playmakers, from Pep to Xavi to Cesc. Thiago is a different kind of player (obvious from just watching him) and what's more he's not Catalan.

Barcafan 2304

EVERYONE has to do that if the selling club doesn't agree to the transfer.

and the massive bias for Cesc in the Catalan press clearly a matter of nationalism. I'm sure that's also half the obsession over getting him back in the team. to continue the tradition of Catalan playmakers, from Pep to Xavi to Cesc. Thiago is a different kind of player (obvious from just watching him) and what's more he's not Catalan.

Not seeing the woods for the trees here then. Wish they would not let Catalan nationalism cloud their judgement. Disgraceful if he gets pushed out

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not seeing the woods for the trees here then. Wish they would not let Catalan nationalism cloud their judgement. Disgraceful if he gets pushed out

Don't worry it's just the media and the local fans. The president of the club is equally in love with Brazilians as he does with Catalans :p

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gotta be some link from club to the rumours, however...If there were similar rumours about Leo elsewhere, the club would've squashed them straight away...These seem to fester which does suggest that it's by design rather than coincidence

Home of Barca Fans