Thiago Translantara

XaviMessiGirl

Aha so I wasn't the only one who was confused :)
That vid means nothing, players sign other shirts all the time. Let's not freak out about every single detail.

Yeah, Julio Cesar signed my friend's Barca shirt, that doesn't mean he wants to come or is coming to Barca. :lol:

Martindn

Btw, if Thiago really come to MU in which position of what formation you think Moyes gonna put him? (I know in midfield but the tactic idk)
I mean, SAF was 4-4-2 addict and stick with it for a long time (idk MU very well but did SAF played 4-2-3-1 lately?) but maybe Moyes have a different plan.

It was always 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 with Rooney behind Van persie, two wingers and two cm Rooney dropping deep into midfield. We did try to experiment on a diamond early on with Kagawas purchase but we dont play narrow often and it didnt work well at all. I also dont watch much of Everton so i cant say for sure what Moyes has planned, by all accounts he plays good football for his budget, and its a good sign at least that he is trying to fix our long since derelict midfield.

Thiago hopefully will fulfill the role cleverley should have thrived in but did not for various reasons, a box to box who will add that bit of technique and creativity to midfield. How does he fare in a 2 man midfield? Im being honest when i say he would complete our team, i just dont see it though release clause or not why would your directors/management let that kind of talent go for £16m?

Sergio16

This isn't the first chance he's had to jump ship though.

Also I'm not sure they are greener pastures. What I don't get is why be so patient for so long and then move when you're so close to becoming a starter and leader for the team you grew up playing for?! Especially when you will be playing behind Messi & Neymar! And why go to Man Utd after SAF has retired?! I honestly can't see anyone except Chelsea & City winning the EPL for the next few years.

I think the club have been honest and fair by saying he is valued and will be a starter soon but not yet. If he can't wait another season or so then let him go and play under Moyes. Whatever happens the most he can hope for as far as the WC 2014 goes is a place in the squad and a handful of minutes off the bench and that will only happen if Spain suffer injuries. If he was that desperate to cement a place at the next WC he should have chosen to represent Brazil.

Agreed 100%. Does Thiago realise how patient both Iniesta & Xavi were?? In 4 or 5 years time he'll want to come back & Sergi Roberto will probably be the "crack" by then. He will then not be valued as much as if he had stayed on & fought for his place.

Keikoku

Cabbage
It was always 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 with Rooney behind Van persie, two wingers and two cm Rooney dropping deep into midfield. We did try to experiment on a diamond early on with Kagawas purchase but we dont play narrow often and it didnt work well at all. I also dont watch much of Everton so i cant say for sure what Moyes has planned, by all accounts he plays good football for his budget, and its a good sign at least that he is trying to fix our long since derelict midfield.

Thiago hopefully will fulfill the role cleverley should have thrived in but did not for various reasons, a box to box who will add that bit of technique and creativity to midfield. How does he fare in a 2 man midfield? Im being honest when i say he would complete our team, i just dont see it though release clause or not why would your directors/management let that kind of talent go for £16m?

Well, from my opinion Thiago is the typical of midfield MU looking for (a la Scholes). He did well with the time Pep and Tito gave to him, yes he did mistakes like lose the ball etc etc but it's a part of his development as a player and I believe he can improve alot more. With Pep he usually given position alongside Xavi if Iniesta rested or vice versa (I remember he played at Busi position like 1-2 game but he entered from bench which later Iniesta/Xavi replaced by Keita thus Keita change role with Thiago).

About the release clause is freaking low, personally I think it's because his father is very demanding for his success so they made a deal that they can pick and decide if thing isn't going as they want to. I don't know when this last contract signed (Pep time or Tito time earlier this season), maybe Thiago was a player that planned by Pep to become important player in his future plan, but with the coach is Tito now which looks like he isn't rated much by Tito. And it's £18m btw :D

BBDD

Thiago probably loves this attention from man u especially . Plus they have more to offer , he doesn't even have competition for his position , straight starter . Why can't united take fabregas , aren't these brits the ones who always go on about being premiership proven.
We tried for Fabregas according to many sources, but there are many reasons Thiago was more likely, he wants to leave (or is considering it) whereas Cesc doesn't, you weren't prepared to let Fabregas when it leaves the possibility Thiago still leaves and you are left with neither of them, Thiago's also cheaper for us.

numero

tv3 sources says Thiago may not leave because his first team friends and seniors have already talked with him. Rest is upto him.

ryaninho

did i read someone saying how loyal cesc is to the club

Cesc left like thiago wants to to get more game time can you fault him for doing so. In his return he took a pay cut and paid some of his transfer fee so he can play at the nou and all he gets is stick from fans. I don't blame thiago for wanting to leave or his dad wanting to the best to realise his sons ambition to become one of the best. To do that he needs to play more. If you look at some of the spain U21 team most play regularly for they team. He can't get a game ahead of an injured xavi. Just because your are taught by barca does not mean your future lies at barca or bojan and G dos santos would still be here

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well people also made wild claims like "Neymar has already signed for Bayern Munich" acting like they were know-it-all's

JamDav1982

He is going and fair play to him its the right thing for him, just a shame the contract situation was not better handled.

As long as Barcelona are stronger next season with or without Thiago is all the matters now.

I think they will be.

Home of Barca Fans