Thiago Translantara

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
he has not said anything different to what any of the other sites or newspapers are saying, it is just the same bs about united being more confident then ever, not 100% certain, etc, etc, he hasn't put his neck on the line and said that the deal is done. the fact of the matter is thiago has not signed a contract with united and no-one knows why except thiago and his father.

is he demanding excessive wages from united, is he hoping that barcelona will give him what he wants so that he doesn't have to leave, there is a reason why he hasn't signed for us yet, and i don't think its because he's too busy on his playstation. united fans should know better really, robben, ronaldinho, benzema, torres and many others were reported to be done deals to united, did they sign for us, no, i still don't think thiago will sign for us, i just think he is trying to strengthen his position at barca...

I dont understand that deals have broken down in the past, it means everyone is talking shit. If the news is there to report, they report it, and in the Past Delaney has been reliable. So i tend to believe what he writes.

We pulled out of the Torres deal btw - Fergie didnt see im as a 'True Goalscorer'

and Benzema, Hazard, Lucas had agreed terms with other clubs as well, they just chose the club who offered the most money. Its not as if we're the only club this happened to anyway, it happens to all the big clubs.

Martindn

especially because it's in Xavi's power if the kid gets to play more...

Did not say he did its just that xavi has been in the same position, a remarkably similar position in fact - you probably remember but he came close to joining us too, twice. So if i was still making my decision he would have better advice than most. Understanding his position and thoughts etc.

Last edited:

Armando929

It's Tito who has to do the rotations. I just don't trust him. He ran Messi into the ground last year, though Leo wanting to play every game doesn't help either. He overplayed Xavi as well.

I definitely miss Pep.

First of all I don't think Xavi and Thiagos situation is really the same. Xavi started to become a regular in the 99/00 so he was a few years younger than Thiago is right now. Also Xavi didn't have to replace such a great player. No offence to Guardiola but Xavi is an all time great CM, even among the best and still among the best CM in the world. Xavi can talk to him all he wants, but what can he assure? That in a few years it will be his side? That he had to wait too? Thiago is an amazing player and deserves to start week in week out. Except for the FCBs that would be the case for every team in the world.

Also did some think of the consequences that the Thiago situation could have on the team? Right now this is the team of Xavi/Iniesta/Messi. Let's say that Xavi is slowly showing his age and simply doesn't perform THAT good anymore and Thiago plays stunning for you. It would create huge pressure on your manager who to play and I don't think Xavi and the locker room would really appreciate it if Xavi would be benched in the big games. After all it is still Xavi, but what message would it give to other younger players? That your performances don't matter and because of your standing in the team and reputation you make the team? Not even to mention that you still have Fabregas! Maybe he can finally adapt to playing CM for Barcelona. We had a comparable situation with Pique at United. We knew his talent and how good he is but honestly Ferdinand/Vidic were simply too good to break up. If he'd be 2-3 years younger everything would be much easier for Barcelona.

That's why I think BOTH clubs could benefit from a deal here. We let him play week in week out and develop his amazing talent even further. He becomes a global star and returns in 3 years for you. I don't think even if we get him that we'd him any longer than max. 4 years if he really develops the way everyone thinks. After 2 years all the Barcelona player at the Spain NT would talk to him to come back. He loves the city and the club. He'd simply do a Fabregas and join you guys in 3-4 years again. We couldn't do anything against it and because he'd be probably in the last years of his contract he wouldn't cost the world. Of course we'd make a profit on him but I'd believe he'd go well below his market price like Fabregas.

Of course the best solution for Barca would be him staying and simply be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Xavi and just accept that in the next 2-3 years he won't play big games as long as Xavi is injured, but don't hold it against him if he leaves. We United fans were the same with Pogba but just look at his success. It was the right decision for him to leave United and I really believe that the same would happen for Thiago if he joins us.

Ritchie

It's Tito who has to do the rotations. I just don't trust him. He ran Messi into the ground last year, though Leo wanting to play every game doesn't help either. He overplayed Xavi as well.

I definitely miss Pep.

Tito rested Messi last season more than Pep in the previous seasons.

Home of Barca Fans