Thiago Translantara

Armando929

Zanela makes a good point. The club apparently does not consider Thiago to be Xavi's heir. It's CESC whom they believe is the eventual successor. It's why they did everything high and low to bring him here. I'm a Cesc supporter but looking back now, you have to really wonder just how much faith the club had in Thiago. Plus we don't seem to be going out of our way to keep him either so it makes you wonder.

P

PhilS

I agree, Zanela, the club has never anointed Thiago as the future starter. Pep liked him the most, Tito less so.

It takes the right type of player to fit well in the Barca system. It's not just talent or skill, it is mindset, style of play. I think Thiago will be better off in a more wide-open style of offense. He'll be fantastic alongside Van Persie and Rooney.

alex88bg

No matter how much ilove thiago and i do so so much, i am dissapointed in both him and the club...Well the times are a changing i just want to see someone to replace xavi even though i always thought it was him...breaks my heart but goodbye and i will forget you somehow bcs this is the only club in the world i am in love with and no individual will ever be worth it even messi.

Indignado

No, actually I am talking about specifics. Thiago was in the starting lineup in 12 out of the last 19 La Liga games (second half of the season). Iniesta and Fabregas only started 1 and 2 games more respectively. It doesn't get more specific than that. What does Xavi have to do with this? Xavi only started 8 games in the second half of the season.

So he started against Zaragoza and Betis, great. The club showed how much confidence they had in him when they played an injured Xavi over Thiago against Milan. Thiago only started one game against a big opponent and that was the league game against Real in the second half of the season that no one took seriously, and only because Xavi was still injured and they wanted to save him for the Milan game. It's the important games that matter and Thiago didn't start any important game at all.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So he started against Zaragoza and Betis, great. The club showed how much confidence they had in him when they played an injured Xavi over Thiago against Milan. Thiago only started one game against a big opponent and that was the league game against Real in the second half of the season that no one took seriously, and only because Xavi was still injured and they wanted to save him for the Milan game. It's the important games that matter and Thiago didn't start any important game at all.
:goodpost:

lovebarca

Man, he played he a lot once he was injury-free. I really don't know why people don't see this when the numbers are actually there for everyone to see. Look at this:

Thiago:

e8hnc3wy.png

Iniesta:

iv94ilm2.png

Almost identical share of minutes. It's clutching at straws to believe Thiago wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if Tito had played him a bit more in 1 or 2 games. All of this has nothing to do with playing time.

can anybody tell me which site it is?
I wanted to see site like this which shows players played minutes with position including all competition.

Barcafire

Has Thiago actually come out and said what he wants? Or is everyone just assuming because if someone doesn't instantly declare their undying loyalty that they are the scum of the earth?

He had various occasions when asked by the media to say that he will stay at Barca. When asked at the International tournament he either ignored the journalists or said that he will sort out his future after the U21 tournament.

Precisely. Nothing has been said by anyone. Just fans freaking out and media jumping on the chance of people reading their nonsense.

Barça has denied any contact so far. Thiago has only said he'll talk about it after the U21. Asides from that, nothing at all has been said.

Also, regarding Thiago's buy out clause dropping, it was never set at 90m and it dropped because he didn't play a certain amount of games, it's the opposite.

Rosell said: "It's the other way round, if he had played the necessary number of games, the clause would have risen from 18m euros to 90m.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...sts-lionel-messi-innocence-in-tax-case-061513

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The thought of selling him for 20m after paying nearly 40m for Cesc a couple of years ago leaves a bitter taste in mine...
Considering the board has a Catalan OCD, it doesn't really sound shocking in a way... It was kinda expected the day we bought an un-needed Cesc

Martindn

Getting less and less likely to come now, im thinking if we had a deal with thiago by now we would of completed it.

Home of Barca Fans