Transfers and Rumours - old thread

XaviMessiGirl

Gazzetta won't let go of this Handanovic to Barca story. Now they say Moratti is tempted to say yes but ask for Villa or Alexis in the deal.

LeoMessi10

I believe 5 signings will be made.

A new goalkeeper will be needed with Valdes leaving. I've heard the names Guaita and Reina the most but it wouldn't surprise me if they go with Handanovic or Ter Stegen. Sanchez may part of a deal for Handanovic. Valdes will be exposed for the very average keeper he is once he leaves. We're definitely getting an upgrade here.

Hummels will more than likely be the new CB and I hope the club brings in another CB like Marquinhos or Inigo Martinez. Getting 2 CBs will push Pique and allow us to move Mascherano back to DM duties and allow us to sell Alex Song. Mascherano could serve as our 4th option @ CB.

Sanchez and Villa will be both sold this summer. Sanchez will be back in Italy and hopefully we let Villa continue his career elsewhere as Tito has never showed in any confidence in him, Villa hasn't deserved the treatment he has gotten from Tito at all. With that said, it sounds very likely Neymar is coming and a second forward will be bought. It wouldn't surprise me if it's Aguero but we might just shock everyone and get Suarez. It wouldn't surprise if the 2nd forward is Jackson Martinez, Mario Gomez, etc.

We are much too dependent on Messi to score goals for us and hopefully some of the new blood invigorates us to get our crown back as the best team in the world. I can't wait for next season!

How on earth would we afford Neymar + Aguero/Suarez/jackson/Mario Gomez/ + Inigo + hummels?

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
How on earth would we afford Neymar + Aguero/Suarez/jackson/Mario Gomez/ + Inigo + hummels?

The Vice President has said we are going to make 5 signings, they must have the money. I would be very surprised if Neymar and Hummels doesn't happen. Just getting Hummels isn't going to solve the problem w/ the defending though. We need to show Pique that his spot isn't as safe as he thinks it is, he's really regressed.

Sport and Mundo Deportivo keep on insisting that club is indeed going to buy another forward along with Neymar this summer, I'm just sharing what I'm reading.

Gazzetta won't let go of this Handanovic to Barca story. Now they say Moratti is tempted to say yes but ask for Villa or Alexis in the deal.

That's what I've been reading too.

LeoMessi10

The Vice President has said we are going to make 5 signings, they must have the money. I would be very surprised if Neymar and Hummels doesn't happen. Just getting Hummels isn't going to solve the problem w/ the defending though. We need to show Pique that his spot isn't as safe as he thinks it is, he's really regressed.

Sport and Mundo Deportivo keep on insisting that club is indeed going to buy another forward along with Neymar this summer, I'm just sharing what I'm reading.
That's what I'm saying either we actually paid a pre deal for neymar ( I never believe rumors like these ) and we have money to spare on top of what we expect to get from the sales of a couple players or they're just saying that so our real 3 targets clubs don't get greedy and think we aren't looking elsewhere? I wouldn't be surprised if we try and avoid these other clubs milking us for all we have like always by doing that

mixer

Barcelona have already started to work on two transfers, those of Borussia defender Mats Hummels (24) and Santos forward Neymar (21) [marca]

AvocadoCake

Barcelona have already started to work on two transfers, those of Borussia defender Mats Hummels (24) and Santos forward Neymar (21) [marca]

I know it's not necessarily true but Tito said that Barca haven't started thinking ahead to the transfer window since the Bayern game, neither ins or outs.

Yannick03

"Barcelona have already discussed personal terms with Borussia Dortmund centre back Mats Hummels. Asking price expected to be 20-25M." [marca]

That is quite reasonable IMO, still I have my doubts of putting a giant next to Pique. Hummels doesn't seem that fast to me however I don't watch Dortmund a lot. Is he fast ?

mixer

I don't know if Hummels is slow (I don't think so) but what I know is that he is a beast and actually can defend... Also awesome passing ability for a defender.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans