Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

I get that, but still, from the club's perspective, it would make absolutely no sense to do that. You need to take both sides into consideration.

Villa wouldn't accept a Larsson type of role(thus he's leaving), and I think it'd be good to have that. I also prefer Klose to Torres, hands down.

Z

ZiZu

D
For me, Klose ticks all the boxes for short-term option we need to add variety to our attack.

1. Proven at Elite level.

2. Good age. 35. (turns 36 in June).

3. He's tall (6ft). Good in the air. Giving us the option to cross high balls into the box. (If we can't play through, or around opponents).

4. Would be happy to play a supporting role from the bench.

5. Provides a Plan B if Messi & Co. are marked out of the game. His intelligent movement will occupy defenders, thus freeing space for others.

6. He'll be cheap.

If we are talking silly , I'd rather go for Peter Crouch , all the above plus he's younger and skilful .

Last edited:

desoe

Klose is like a carbon copy of Larsson. They even have a similar physique, movements and footwork. No need to remind that both are brilliant in the air. I'd take Klose on a 2-year short-deal in a heartbeat. The best possible example of the "plan B" we're talking about for years.

p.s. LMAO at the "Barca DNA" argument :lol:

ceefoo

If we are talking silly , I'd rather go for Peter Crouch , all the above plus he's younger and skilful .
What's "silly" about my post?

And since when was Crouch proven at elite level? Don't know if you seriously think he is better than Klose?:unsure:

If so:
:eusa_think: Do you mean the time he scored against Trinidad & Tobago, and in doing so had to cheat by pulling his opponents dreadlocks in the process?

Paganinisrvnge

Do people not realize Klose is a couple goals away from being the all time world cup leading goalscorer? I think he's also Germany's all time leading goalscorer or at least in the top 3. He's a proven player who can put it in the back of the net.

Z

ZiZu

Do people not realize Klose is a couple goals away from being the all time world cup leading goalscorer? I think he's also Germany's all time leading goalscorer or at least in the top 3. He's a proven player who can put it in the back of the net.

Isn't he 36 years old ?? Sounds like he'd be better off going to Stoke City.

I hope we get Agger.

There's a photo of a ten year old Agger in his Barca shirt on Twitter :)

Home of Barca Fans