Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

946421_10151522555422535_611823849_n.jpg

"Rosell confirms there will be 1 or 2 more signings"
"Valdes will stay"

i_bleed_blaugrana

barcelona-tactics-2008-09-guardiola-messi.jpg

Messi on the right, Eto'o (Lewa) as a pure striker and Henry (Neymar) on the left.

We've won the treble..

Just my 2 cents.

This should be our Plan B imo if Messi as a false 9 isn't working. Highly doubt we get Lewa, more likely to get Torres.

Mixed feelings on Tito.

On one hand, the man has been through a lot this season. I think the most devastating aspect of our season on all fronts was Tito's relapse. We were in blistering form the first half of this season and had decent showings against Madrid, with all games being very tight. He went down at the most vital part of the season when we needed his direction the most. Huge blow to our flow as a team. As well, he inherented a team that needed some adjustments even tho they were the best in the world. At least now with a very open summer window and hopefully a full season, Tito can really implement himself on the team. Plus add in the key defensive injuries and the complacency, it was always going to be a tough task this season and his relapse made things infinitely worse.

Yet on the other hand, his decision making during the big matches, his tactics so far (no pressing, Iniesta on the LW) and his rotation policy has been suspect as of late. Particularly in regards to how he overplayed Messi and Xavi and underplayed Tello, Thiago and in particular Bartra are why I'm skeptical of his quality right now.

He does deserve another year to truly prove himself, so he can really impose himself on the team this year with no interruptions. Plus with talents like Neymar, Thiago, Tello and Deulofeu showing signs of intent, hopefully he will realize that he should start the transition now instead of being stuck in Pep's past.

Martinez and Torres in, Villa and/or Sanchez out and I'm good

AvocadoCake

Atletico Madrid want Diego Capel, do you think they can do as well as last season despite having lost Falcao? I just don't see it, I mean maybe they'll finish third, especially if Sociedad lose some of their key players, but I can't imagine them reaching the same points tally/being as close to second place.

desoe

Well, the others are certainly not getting much better, so finishing third should not be a problem. With a little bit of luck and hard teamwork, they could eventually repeat Malaga's excellent performance in the CL. Plus, don't forget that they're still about to use these Falcao money they got.

But it kinda sucks that for now the third best team in the Liga is getting weaken and not the opposite.

p.s. and I just read that Espanyol is negotiating for Valeri Bojinov :geek:
I don't like them at all, but it kinda symbolizes the fall of spanish football. Bojinov, man.. who spend the whole last season on the bench in Serie B :lol:

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Via most of the major Italian media, Cavani's dad says he wants to join Madrid.

Just the thought... :(

Edit: The original interview was from Marca TV.

Maria

Via most of the major Italian media, Cavani's dad says he wants to join Madrid.

Just the thought... :(

Edit: The original interview was from Marca TV.

If this happends, not even Thiago Silva could make me feel better. :cry: Our only hope at this point is Txiki.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Sell C.Ronaldo for £80m and Higuain for £20m

Buy Bale £60m
Buy Suarez £40m
Buy Cavani £45m

Net spend of £45m for a GODLY front three...............

oz187

Sell C.Ronaldo for £80m and Higuain for £20m

Buy Bale £60m
Buy Suarez £40m
Buy Cavani £45m

Net spend of £45m for a GODLY front three...............

I was thinking the same last night lol. They could probably get rid of Di Maria too for around £25M and maybe using the funds to get someone like Isco as well.

P

PhilS

Adriano was played ahead of Bartra on numerous occasions.

Last year, Barca had so many problems defending against good counter attacking teams, Adriano at CB was an attempt to add needed speed. Is any CB as fast as Adriano?

I think Adriano has more aptitude for CB than most of the other experiments. He could be the #5 or 6 choice at CB going forward. But the the first four CBs on this team must be reinforced, real talent and experience are needed.

Ramos and Pique are so good together on the national team, and Arbeloa is a better defender than any of the Barca fullbacks. Makes me jealous, Barca's defense was several steps down from that level last season.

Home of Barca Fans