Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Stric

Putting Tello on the right will significantly diminish the best he has to offer as a wide forward. It would make more sense to put Neymar there and keep Tello where he plays best.

Stric

You really think Puyol is still the man for the big games?

I thought he looked poor in the games against Milan and Real Madrid and his legs look to have gone a bit.

Agree that Masch and Pique dont work as both need a real leader/organiser and can both look to step out of defence with the ball.

I just dont like the way people run down Masch as some kind of terrible player when he has been arguably the best defender as the club the past couple of seasons and is the best reader of the game at the back the club have.

Sometimes, yeah... doesn't even matter, you can ignore that part and the point of my post stays exactly the same. Puyol can rotate with the new CB, leave it at that.

I like Masch, but in this situation, it would make sense to sell him, considering what I wrote above, and the difference in profit from his potential transfer or Bartra's.

JamDav1982

Sometimes, yeah... doesn't even matter, you can ignore that part and the point of my post stays exactly the same. Puyol can rotate with the new CB, leave it at that.

I like Masch, but in this situation, it would make sense to sell him, considering what I wrote above, and the difference in profit from his potential transfer or Bartra's.

If they got offered a very big fee for Masch then maybe but other than that of the four center backs - you would be left with new one who needs time to adjust a young unproven one, an old past his best one and one that has been on and off form for two seasons.

Selling probably the best of the lot over the last two seasons doesnt make sense to me unless it is a huge fee.

Meitux

Plus the fact that he will play in his main position,i mean this guy has like 3 seasons to play at DM for barcelona he played against osasuna in 11/12 that we lost 3-2 and he wasnt so good,dont remember more games

Stric

Selling any of the others doesn't make any sense either. And I doubt a top-quality CB, especially if we choose someone who would fit our system well, would need much time to adjust. Look at how quickly Alba adapted.

JamDav1982

Selling any of the others doesn't make any sense either. And I doubt a top-quality CB, especially if we choose someone who would fit our system well, would need much time to adjust. Look at how quickly Alba adapted.

A new player may adapt quickly it is a lottery - some have some have not.

They dont have to sell any of them though.

Personally would rather have Pique and Masch going at it to start alongside a new defender an Puyol being drawn back a bit to no longer first choice and Barta sent on loan.

Remember what Pep said of Masch -

"Javier is an almost unimaginable signing,"

"He’s the type of player that a manager wouldn’t trade for anything, and would never sell. He’s a unique signing, we’re very pleased to have him."

Stric

As I've said earlier, I don't really want him to go, but considering the alternatives, that's what makes the most sense to me. I'd rather sell Alves, but that would open up an entire new can of worms with getting a RB replacement. Unless we'd be willing to count on Adriano to be the replacement for both fullbacks, which is very risky.

Z

ZiZu

The lack of anyone other than Messi being able to change the game with an individual action was as big a problem as the defence.

Neymar or a player like him was 100% needed and is a huge upgrade.

Agreed

The biggest problem of the attack is not just on the right although I do agr!ee that is an issue and would like to see someone comfortable there.

None of the wide players were able to help Messi or create space for him against the bigger teams

Neymar is a huge upgrade on Tello, Pedro and Sanchez.

Agreed

Putting Tello on the right will significantly diminish the best he has to offer as a wide forward. It would make more sense to put Neymar there and keep Tello where he plays best.

Disagree . You don't spend all that money on Neymar and then move him out if position to accommodate a youngster who CAN operate really well on the right anyways .

JamDav1982

As I've said earlier, I don't really want him to go, but considering the alternatives, that's what makes the most sense to me. I'd rather sell Alves, but that would open up an entire new can of worms with getting a RB replacement. Unless we'd be willing to count on Adriano to be the replacement for both fullbacks, which is very risky.

Would you not rather sell one of the midfielders or attackers which the team have too many of than sell one of the best defenders in the team and someone who is supposedly s massive influence on and off the pitch.

Not long before Pep left he named Mascherano up there as his best signing, the best defender at the club and a massive influence of the pitch and one of the most important off it.

He needs to stay unless a huge offer comes in.

Meitux

Either ways i dont think he will be sold,but we need a stable defense so we need a top CB and the best is Thiago Silva by miles accepting it or not

Neal Faradinho

'Mr own goal'?

Just look at the big games in which he did not play and the defence was weaker.

Yes mr.own goal, how many own goals has he scored?
I would rather have Bartra at CB than Masch.
As I said his positioning is very bad, and if you have good enough position you don't even need to have pace.

JamDav1982

Either ways i dont think he will be sold,but we need a stable defense so we need a top CB and the best is Thiago Silva by miles accepting it or not

I am sure everyone would love Silva no doubt about it, but would you break the bank for him and give him more money then Iniesta and Xavi?

Neal Faradinho

Would you not rather sell one of the midfielders or attackers which the team have too many of than sell one of the best defenders in the team and someone who is supposedly s massive influence on and off the pitch.

Not long before Pep left he named Mascherano up there as his best signing, the best defender at the club and a massive influence of the pitch and one of the most important off it.

He needs to stay unless a huge offer comes in.

He was our best defender in the 2011-2012 season, but this season he has been really bad

Home of Barca Fans