Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Meitux

Club can't go forward with only Puyol to count on as a key central defender for the season...again
Of course,him staying fit for the big games isn't a quarantee of a secure defence,as we see he gets injured more often right now,it may be a result of inconsistency and and give us pretty bad performances from him.

In the main time we stuck again with Pique Mascherano :facepalm:..it has been for 2 years and it was pretty bad,i wonder what are they thinking right now.The center back who is/was about to be signed who be the one that would play the most.If it was possible we need a second to for competition with Pique,i say he will have another comfortable season and be bad.Signing a second center back wouldn't just give competition but bench him too..

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Porto claim to be holding out for upwards of 42 million for the defender, he's a promising defender but Barcelona can't really negotiate a reasonable transfer with the Portuguese club...There's a lot to like about Mangala but he's probably more a gamble than Marquinhos was

It's remarkable that it's 3 seasons running and the club has yet to buy a world class CB

mixer

SUN
but Barcelona are preparing a 40M bid for Chelsea centre back David Luiz (26).

One name I haven't heard here much is Matthias Ginter. Only 19 but probably the biggest defensive talent the Bundesliga has to offer. He'll probably join BVB next season and like with Gündogan most will ask themselves how they always unearth these gems. He could be Barcelonas Varane. Not as complete, because he lacks that blistering pace, but with 19 he played on a very high level in one of the most competitive leagues

loozy

One name I haven't heard here much is Matthias Ginter. Only 19 but probably the biggest defensive talent the Bundesliga has to offer. He'll probably join BVB next season and like with Gündogan most will ask themselves how they always unearth these gems. He could be Barcelonas Varane. Not as complete, because he lacks that blistering pace, but with 19 he played on a very high level in one of the most competitive leagues

According to the Mirror, Arsenal are interested in him.

loozy

Earliest window you can buy Kos in would be in winter since he said he'd stay and see what Arsenal is about this season ;)

ryuken

Can cules make a petition to sack Zubi or sth this GK is even more clueless than Txiki, i dont think we would get a defender now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Txiki had his flaws but he was far from being clueless... Signing Yaya Toue in itself would nullify all his flaws!!

Last edited:

Maria

Txiki made a lot of mistakes and a lot of brilliant signings..Zubi only knows how to sign players who only want to come at Barca like Mascherano, Alexis, Cesc, Neymar and Jordi Alba and even then he overpays for some of them. And then when the coach asks him for a defender, he brings him a DM from Arsenal. The only surprising signing he made was that of Adriano.
And if we look at Barca B, then it gets even worse..in 3 years he managed to spend more money with Barca B than in it's entire history and more than most of La Liga teams can spend. But he speaks well and the press is on it's side, so if a signing isn't considered good they blame Tito or Pep..right now aparently Tata doesn't want a CB anymore so if we don't get one we will know who's fault is it.

Last edited:

Maria

Tito was the one who wanted song, he was content with the squad last season.

Tito said in his first press-conference that he wants a CB, but after he saw the end of August was near and they still didn't bought one and Wenger assured him that Song could also play as a CB he was probably satisfied with what they gave him. The same will probably happend with Tata.

Barca make official bid for luiz (sky sports)

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans