desoe

From what I understand of the rumour mill so far, the situation is like this:

2 options:

1)

- cheap CB
- cheap ST

2)

- expensive CB

One or another, an expensive striker like Lewa or Torres is ruled out. I just wonder who'd be the cheap one, if we get a cheap defender too :D

I

instinct

From what I understand of the rumour mill so far, the situation is like this:

2 options:

1)

- cheap CB
- cheap ST

2)

- expensive CB

One or another, an expensive striker like Lewa or Torres is ruled out. I just wonder who'd be the cheap one, if we get a cheap defender too :D

Maybe Aubameyang, I don't know how much he would cost, but he would be better than Torres and cheaper than Lewandowski. I like his play very much.

Z

ZiZu

It wouldn't be a mistake. Continually doing the same thing especially when it doesn't work is a mistake. Messi at CF didn't work this year outside of La Liga where we didn't play minnows like Osasuna & Valladolid. Watch any Barcelona match, when Messi drops all the way to half way line to receive the ball there is nobody up front. The wingers are on the touchline so the opposition DMs & CBs can stay compact and just observe the pitch infront of them. Messi is one of the greatest players ever but he isn't going to dribble past 5 defenders every single time. Nor should he have to, thats just too much pressure. The Milan match was the best we played all season because we braught back the things Pep drilled into this team to make it great. We also used a CF in the CF position allowing Messi freedom to do what he wanted and it worked. Not to mention we kept one of our few clean sheets.

My personal preference is to always have a backup plan. Not having a proper CF and relying on Neymar & Messi to dribble around everyone is only going to take us so far.

Although they are arguably the best two dribblers at speed in the world plus Neymar shoots on sight and doesn't just pass for passing sake like so many of our other players .

ceefoo

For me, Klose ticks all the boxes for short-term option we need to add variety to our attack.

1. Proven at Elite level.

2. Good age. 35. (turns 36 in June).

3. He's tall (6ft). Good in the air. Giving us the option to cross high balls into the box. (If we can't play through, or around opponents).

4. Would be happy to play a supporting role from the bench.

5. Provides a Plan B if Messi & Co. are marked out of the game. His intelligent movement will occupy defenders, thus freeing space for others.

6. He'll be cheap.

ceefoo

Pushing out a 31-year-old Villa ony to replace him with a 36-year-old Klose. Makes sense.
:lol:

They are different types of Forwards though. So Klose will provide an alternative to our attack that Villa didn't. Plus we all know that Villa's time at Barca is finished, so there would be no point keeping him.

Adyx

Maybe Aubameyang, I don't know how much he would cost, but he would be better than Torres and cheaper than Lewandowski. I like his play very much.

Yes he will be good and more cheaper, same like Bony but if no striker will be bring which is not the priority now just promote Deulofeu to first team

Stric

Villa wants to play regularly, which can't be offered by Barça. Klose might accept a role as squad player.

I get that, but still, from the club's perspective, it would make absolutely no sense to do that. You need to take both sides into consideration.

Home of Barca Fans