Trincão

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Agree on cutting inside, but Koeman killed his confidence. Trincao scored 3 goals in a stretch of ~one week against Betis and Alaves. As a reward he got benched against PSG (understandably) and in the home game against Cadiz (!), only getting a combined 28 minutes in those 2 games. That's not how you treat a player that's about to catch momentum. He got a start in the game after, but after that he got reduced to a late sub role when we were chasing desperately for a goal or the game was already won. Of course he was bit a unlucky, because that was about the time when Koeman "invented" the 3-4-1-2 and was quite successful with it for some time.

We could say similar for Puig tbh. He'd play well, come in to help in CDR and then disappear into the ether after. I concede that changing culture, league & language is likely a challenge for a young player and Trincao has struck me previously as being confident and a hard worker but even by his own admission he struggled mentally. And for me, that fragility was apparent on the pitch - he was afraid to take players on. Of course, for me the bigger issue is that he simply does not stretch the defense by always cutting inside (And defenders knew this)

I still find the rumour unreliable and ultimately believe he will end up in England long-term

behindbrowneyes

Why does club hate him so much? Did he steal from cafetaria?

Don't know. Turning up in a Lamborghini at the training facilities just after scoring his first goal for the club might not have gone well within the staff and board. I'm all for granting and fulfilling yourself a dream and he obviously earned the cash to get one, but this doesn't change the fact that these type of cars bring a vibe of arrogance with them.

Better drive your company car Cupra (which is a nice car too) when driving to trainings and games and enjoy the Lamborghini in your spare time. Especially when you are a young, unproven player.

malvolio

Why does club hate him so much? Did he steal from cafetaria?

Don't know. Turning up in a Lamborghini at the training facilities just after scoring his first goal for the club might not have gone well within the staff and board. I'm all for granting and fulfilling yourself a dream and he obviously earned the cash to get one, but this doesn't change the fact that these type of cars bring a vibe of arrogance with them.

Better drive your company car Cupra (which is a nice car too) when driving to trainings and games and enjoy the Lamborghini in your spare time. Especially when you are a young, unproven player.

nah, he's a bum.

if he was a wonder talent then he could've turned up but naked in a bugatti chiron.

Birdy

Xavi is 100% right on this.
We don't have wingers.

It was a stupid decision, and only money-driven, to loan him out in the summer (same with Konrad). There was no sporting reason behind it.
Messi and Griezzy are not wingers, the reason was not that the club thought they would both stay, although Koeman was using them as wingers.

Trincao is useful here, even as a sub of Dembele.
He is far better than Demir or Collado.
Now Xavi will most likely play Ilias from the B team against Espanyol.
That's how dire our winger situation is.

Barcilliant

Xavi is 100% right on this.
We don't have wingers.

It was a stupid decision, and only money-driven, to loan him out in the summer (same with Konrad). There was no sporting reason behind it.
Messi and Griezzy are not wingers, the reason was not that the club thought they would both stay, although Koeman was using them as wingers.

Trincao is useful here, even as a sub of Dembele.
He is far better than Demir or Collado.
Now Xavi will most likely play Ilias from the B team against Espanyol.
That's how dire our winger situation is.

Why no talk of bringing back Konrad? Is that because Memphis, Ansu and Dembele can all play on the left?

Messi983

Konrad is way overrated imo.

It's a shame we won't get Trincao back, really think he deserves better than a Koeman treatment.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
For all his promise and flashes of brilliance, he's still sitting on 0 G+A this season in PL. Quite unlucky with some finishes, but he really needs a breakout season and this one doesn't seem to be it unless he turns it up starting from December.

But still, we could've definitely used him and he would've been an undisputed starter in this team up until this point :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For all his promise and flashes of brilliance, he's still sitting on 0 G+A this season in PL. Quite unlucky with some finishes, but he really needs a breakout season and this one doesn't seem to be it unless he turns it up starting from December.

But still, we could've definitely used him and he would've been an undisputed starter in this team up until this point :lol:

He is playing well though, the G+A will come soon.

Birdy

Why no talk of bringing back Konrad? Is that because Memphis, Ansu and Dembele can all play on the left?

Prob yes.

There seems to be an imbalance between our LW and RW options at the moment.
But if Konrad can play RW, I would welcomed him back

Home of Barca Fans