UEFA Champions League 2014-15

serghei

Atletico should lay off in the league and just keep the 3-4 spot and concentrate on the CL. Wouldn't mind they play a CL semifinal around the time we go to Calderon.

serghei

Pinto in goal + Team having no motivation after Tata said he will leave + Tata being bossed around by Xavi and Zubi = A mess of a time for the club.

Yea, I know, sad because that League could've been won with just better management. Atletico lost steam towards the end.

StarLord

It sucks that we face the same teams over and over, but its not a very difficult draw, Bayern/Real/Atletico would be tougher, Psg is a relatively normal draw, not easy not very hard. We should get trough though, especially since they miss Zlatan and Veratti first game.

The only clearly tougher teams than PSG can be said to be Bayern and Real Madrid (once in form)

I would also maybe add Juventus to that list, since they have zero competition in their domestic league, and that will allow them to save everything for the CL. PSG are definitely extremely tough and only good performances over both legs can guarantee us qualification. A draw with Porto or Monaco would have been so much better, especially considering our extremely tough schedule going forward.

Yannik

If you can factually counter my claims in that post, then please do so, instead of describing my post as "whining".

there wasnt too much of a point in that post to be honest. The point was: Bayern and Juve got away.
Yeah, they did. Someone had to pull Monaco and Porto in that draw, and it was Bayern and Juve who did that. Not all teams can play against top-teams when there are not 8 top teams in the draw.

StarLord

except take into consideration Suarez getting better and better with each difficult opponent he faces, and getting more pumped up. If the players stay injury free and the rotation is well, I dont see Barcelona being at a disadvantage. Of course it's so easy for Bayern and Juventus even in the round of 16, but Barcelona will also face a team that can barely keep up with much competition on all fronts. Besides, Juventus and Bayern might not even make it. Porto and Monaco would be so keen going to the semis, have nothing to lose.

I am not saying that we are at a disadvantage. I am only saying that we have been extremely unlucky yet again in a CL draw. I agree with you that if the team plays up to its potential, with Suarez improving and Neymar rediscovering his shooting boots, then we should be going through for sure.

But I will disagree with you on the Porto and Monaco issue. I see no way for wither Juventus or Bayern to fail against the teams which they were fortunate enough to draw. Porto may get something in the home leg, but in Munich, they are going down.

raskolnikov

The only clearly tougher teams than PSG can be said to be Bayern and Real Madrid (once in form)

I would also maybe add Juventus to that list, since they have zero competition in their domestic league, and that will allow them to save everything for the CL. PSG are definitely extremely tough and only good performances over both legs can guarantee us qualification. A draw with Porto or Monaco would have been so much better, especially considering our extremely tough schedule going forward.

Atletico, Psg, Juve are all kind of in the same quality bracket, allthough I consider Atletico tougher since it would cost more energy to beat them. Psg is like City ambitious but fail due to unexperience. I prefered Monaco or Porto as well but things could definitely be worse.
We just need to get by psg while trying to stay in front of Real in la liga.

Jair Ventura

This is no fun. Why feature two teams that just played in the group stages... that played each other two years ago. And I'm supposed to believe these draws are random?

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
This is no fun. Why feature two teams that just played in the group stages... that played each other two years ago. And I'm supposed to believe these draws are random?

Seemed random to me unless UEFA has invented some type of pixie magic paper and a few magic plastic minifootballs.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

there wasnt too much of a point in that post to be honest. The point was: Bayern and Juve got away.
Yeah, they did. Someone had to pull Monaco and Porto in that draw, and it was Bayern and Juve who did that. Not all teams can play against top-teams when there are not 8 top teams in the draw.

exactly. all in all: whining.

StarLord

Yes, my point was that precisely, we keep getting tough draws (not just this season) while our major opponents more often than not get the far easier draws, what's so wrong about pointing that fact out?

My second point was that Bayern and Juventus not only got mega lucky with the draw (both in this, and the previous round) but that also they have nothing at all to worry about domestically. Just have a look at the sheer number of tough La Liga, Copa and CL games that Barcelona had to contest during the past couple of months and also those that are coming up.

Bucky

Penya Member
DBZ, that's really silly??? yess we avoided Bayern???? Who gives a shit about Bayern, they are lucky to keep drawing easy opponents. Are you really that scared of Bayern?????? I would love to face Bayern now than later. Most overrated team in the world right now, they are world class team obviously, but they are not invincible like everyone make them out to be. I'm willing to bet anything against you that Barca will knock out them easily if we face them, you might as well root for them if u fear them so much.

2f7.png

Jair Ventura

Of course Bayern gets Porto. Should have just put them through to the final from the onset. Obviously we need more More Atletico/Real ties as well. Stale and uninspiring.

Home of Barca Fans