UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Alarcón

allas is another twitterfamous nonsense speaker, nothing to see here. Just because he uploads a few YouTube videos with vague titles and no sound doesn't mean he's a genius or football expert.

StarLord

This really pisses me off about the 08-12 era Barca. Lots of Pep diehard fanboys that grew from that phase.

Lots of Barca newbies, only seem to recollect what was brilliant about Pep (which was a heck of a lot to be certain) but completely forget his several shortcomings, and there were a few.

StarLord

That should have been a clear red dude. You are welcome to think otherwise but look around elsewhere too for opinions.

I second that.

In fact, I think that the Spanish ref shied away from doing what the rules demand because he felt that with 3 Spanish teams competing directly with Bayern for the Big Trophy, such a decision would have come under extreme scrutiny.

I have always maintained that the refs for the final stages of the CL should be coming from places like Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Russia or Turkey. Not from the 3-4 major league nations. For obvious reasons of course.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That guy has blocked me without me ever interacting with him. I find that really strange :lol:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I second that.

In fact, I think that the Spanish ref shied away from doing what the rules demand because he felt that with 3 Spanish teams competing directly with Bayern for the Big Trophy, such a decision would have come under extreme scrutiny.

I have always maintained that the refs for the final stages of the CL should be coming from places like Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Russia or Turkey. Not from the 3-4 major league nations. For obvious reasons of course.

Yes, and ignore completely the foul before committed by MArtinez.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yes, and ignore completely the foul before committed by MArtinez.

Not every ref would give that as a foul, and before you ask me to rewatch the incident - I have seen it numerous times before coming to this opinion. For what it's worth, I personally felt that it was a foul from Martinez but is indeed difficult to judge. The Neuer incident was a lot more clear-cut, and pretty much every ref would give a red there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anything can happen but I rather play against Atlético than RM over two legs.

Sandro and Danilo are HUGE misses. Who will replace them? Can't see Porto going through. I imagine that Ribéry, Robben, Schweinsteiger and Badstuber will be ready for the return leg as well.

I agree that Real Madrid and Bayern will still go through nevertheless.

Ribery might play, Schweinsteiger should be fit, Robben won't expect to make the second leg though, and Badstuber is already playing.

StarLord

I agree that Real Madrid and Bayern will still go through nevertheless.

Ribery might play, Schweinsteiger should be fit, Robben won't expect to make the second leg though, and Badstuber is already playing.

I also expect Bayern to go through. Porto are simply unable to cover the two missing defenders.

I would love it if they went out though. Porto need at least one goal at the Allianz to stand any chance.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I also expect Bayern to go through. Porto are simply unable to cover the two missing defenders.

I would love it if they went out though. Porto need at least one goal at the Allianz to stand any chance.

Yeah, it would be great if Porto scores one at the Allianz.

I wonder if they will park the bus or what in the 2nd leg.

Home of Barca Fans