Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

Push him to SA coz they saw in training he is the new Malcom. But you saw in his 100 or so games in Paranaense exactly the player he was.

serghei

Club reportedly has offers from SA for him and will try to convince him to go there.

Disgusting behaviour from the club towards the kid if true. Deco buys him promising him god knows what, then we advance his signing instead of leaving him developing in Brazil, Xavi doesn't play him for 6 months and now we want to sell just so we can buy new flavour of the month Nico or Olmo. Who we'll probably want to offload too in a year or so when we'll want a new toy and none of the real deadweight like Shark or Polish tractor still won't want to leave, lol.

Nah, not disgusting. If you land a player and he turns up to be a dud, you can't do anything else really than move him on. At the end of the day, if the player is not good, he's not good.

Porque

Saudi state has taken over another 4 or so club and they are looking to invest in more prime and upcoming players this time around.

Ittihad look to have signed Moussa Diaby for 50m for example, and have all but agreed Aouar.

So the rumours may be true.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
So he seems to be a dud? In all the training videos I watched I couldn't find him there.
He's more or less a goner now?

Really hoped it was Xavi's hubris. We need to investigate his signing, how can a club of this stature be so wrong? Its shady as fuck.

Reactions: BJJ

Messi983

Nah, not disgusting. If you land a player and he turns up to be a dud, you can't do anything else really than move him on. At the end of the day, if the player is not good, he's not good.

It's the whole process I've described in previous post.

Originally he was supposed to only join us this summer. But we advanced his signing and now have decided in few months after he has played 300 cameo minutes (in which he scored 2 goals despite playing out of position most of the time) that he's not good enough. Does that really look like a longterm plan to you? And what message that sends to other young players who still might consider joining us in near future despite Barca being far from a prefered destination for most players these days for obvious reasons? The way club is handling him is just wrong on so many levels.

He was described by Deco as a strategic signing and bought for his potential and what he could be in 2-3 years not what he's now. He was supposed to be brought to the team slowly and integrated as Lewy's longterm replacement. If we sell him now what's really the plan? Keep playing Lewy full 90 minutes every game next two years and then look for another striker who will need to have immediate impact or he'll be sold again? Keep in mind we maybe also lost Guiu because of Roque's signing (although I think he would still leave for 2-3x higher wages he got in Chelsea).

Even a world class player like Henry struggled here in his first year. And that's even more understandable for younger players who besides adapting are also still developing as players. I've wached Pep's Barca documentary few days ago and Xavi was talking about how newbies rarely get time to adapt. He also mentioned his own example when he was seen as a bum and club tried to offload him and said adaptation process is twice as hard for foreign players than La Masia graduates.

Why not give Roque a full season and see how he'll do? There are other players who have been here longer and not showed enough that should be offloaded before Vitor.

You need to have patience with young players but that's something this club and even less this fan base never had. People were making fun out of Vini after few months and some RM fans even wanted him gone but Madrid were patient believing in their plan (they actually had one) and look at him now. Barca would sell him after a season and he would be a class player now for City or Liverpool while we would still be looking for a LW.

Roque is a work in progress but has attributes that other players in this squad don't have. It's up to the coaches to get that out of him and put him in a position to succeed. Xavi couldn't do that or I'd say didn't want to as he prefered a DM in January (there was no good one available though) and Deco brought him Roque instead. I liked overall work Xavi did but he was stubborn in regard to some players and never gave them a fair chance. He made out his mind about them in 5 minutes and never changed his opinion. Hopefully Flick is different because young players have obvious weaknesses in their game but can improve in time. For all we know Roque could already improved a lot over last 6 months but never had a chance to show that.

He should be played close to and inside the opposition penalty box and finish off the chances. That's his biggest strength. He's a poacher right now but has potential to develop other aspects as well with time. Especially technical side of his game which people are so obssessed with. I don't think it's that bad but ofc can improve. He'll never be a great dribbler but as a striker he doesn't need to be. But his technique is good enough to create a space for himself. I'll take a few bad touches every game like I did with Suarez.

Also has good physical traits. Will ofc never be great in the air but that's not the way we play anyway. That said he actually scored quite a few headers in Brazil with his good instincts. He has good work ethic that can be used in high pressing Flick wants to play (ofc he'll need to learn how and when to press but that's on coaches to set the right patterns not only for Roque but whole team). And he also has intelligent movement to get into positions to score. With Yamal, Raphinha and potentially Nico alongside him and Pedri and Gundo behind him we have players who can create those chances for him.

I'm probably the only one here who still fully believes in this kid and think it would be a big mistake to sell him. Time could prove me wrong but I think if he's consistently brought off the bench for last 20-30 minutes and starts let's say every third league game he would easily be a double digits scorer next season. And we don't have many of those in current squad. So why get rid of one player who could do that if used properly rather than find a way for him to succeed? Goal scorers don't grow on trees and Vitor is a born scorer, just need a chance to show that. But if you expect a flashy player who will entertain people like Neymar and R10 then you will always be disappointed with him. He's not that type of player and will never be. He has more than enough other qualities to make it here though.

So he seems to be a dud? In all the training videos I watched I couldn't find him there.
He's more or less a goner now?

Really hoped it was Xavi's hubris. We need to investigate his signing, how can a club of this stature be so wrong? Its shady as fuck.

Don't know what videos you've watched, he's been in all of them.

khaled_a_d

It's the whole process I've described in previous post.

Originally he was supposed to only join us this summer. But we advanced his signing and now have decided in few months after he has played 300 cameo minutes (in which he scored 2 goals despite playing out of position most of the time) that he's not good enough. Does that really look like a longterm plan to you? And what message that sends to other young players who still might consider joining us in near future despite Barca being far from a prefered destination for most players these days for obvious reasons? The way club is handling him is just wrong on so many levels.

While I agree with your entire post and feel the club has done him dirty with massive miscommunications from inside too, I think we also should consider another scenario.
Sometimes, no matter what is your scouting say, you actually know the player really well when you have him. And this is more the case for players in vastly inferior leagues as it is difficult to adjust scouting for the difference of the level.

I believe in Roque, but if those who sees him everyday in training which includes the one guy who bought him, say he isn't good enough and we don't see the potential, what should the club do?

I mean sure it send a bad message, but so is selling him or loaning him in another year. And is the optics worth gambling a big offer we might get for him?
I don't know if this is what they think about him or not, but just saying there are scenarios we have to consider.

Andresito

Staff member
Will get a new number according to official sources now that Lamine got 19. Let's see if he does or gets loaned out. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves tbh.

Home of Barca Fans