Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I remember when we signed him, his agent said that there were EPL clubs who were prepared to pay 85-100m for him.

Yes and tomorrow night I'm going to an Elvis Presley concert with my good friend Tupac Shakur. Come on now.

Messi983

Seems he's at best a morata/Jesus type player.

Works hard but not a lot of class

Tbf if he will actually become Morata who can score (and I think Vitor is already a better finisher) he would be a very good player.

Alvaro gets a lot of undeserved hate but is a solid well rounded player, it's just that he usually can't score when it matters that made him a meme player for most people.

jamrock

Tbf if he will actually become Morata who can score (and I think Vitor is already a better finisher) he would be a very good player.

Alvaro gets a lot of undeserved hate but is a solid well rounded player, it's just that he usually can't score when it matters that made him a meme player for most people.
I wouldn't be unhappy if he becomes a morata level player given what we paid for him, he would at least have some long term resale value and would help the team in the pitch.

Porque

In normal financial situation his amortization is quite affordable. He has a full pre-season (more infact than the injured and Euro parties) so if on the US tour he has 3 games of atleast 45 minutes, then that should tell everyone alot.

If we are only interested in a per technical level though then we should have foregone Vitor and just signed Messinho- then figure out the Lamine/Messinho positional issue after. Just as Madrid did with Rodrygo and Vini. Same representative and both will end the same cost.

jamrock

I think the club says Guille and yamal as players with similar or higher potential that Messinho and a similar profile, which is why they went for you roque, Barca B doesn't traditional produce strikers.

Which is why his technical level shouldn't be a deal breaker unless it's even worse than they thought it was, based on what Xavi was saying that could be the case.

Porque

I think the club says Guille and yamal as players with similar or higher potential that Messinho and a similar profile, which is why they went for you roque, Barca B doesn't traditional produce strikers.

Which is why his technical level shouldn't be a deal breaker unless it's even worse than they thought it was, based on what Xavi was saying that could be the case.

We bought the new Saviola.

Messi983

I wouldn't be unhappy if he becomes a morata level player given what we paid for him, he would at least have some long term resale value and would help the team in the pitch.

Don't think we have to worry about that, idiots will ship him out this summer.

TheStig

I agree we shouldn't but who will buy him for this transfer fee (so we don't have a loss)? Those Saudi rumors never seem to be true with Barca and I don't think anybody in Europe will pay 40+ for him now.

khaled_a_d

Seems he's at best a morata/Jesus type player.

Works hard but not a lot of class

Level maybe, style no.
Morata is a physically and technically a monstar player who just can't finish. Jesus is more technical but sucks at finishing.
At best, Roque is more technically limited but a very good goal scoring, imagine a short Drogba or something.

Maybe, and I can't blame the club for not pulling the trigger on Messinho especially considering he struggled early on (and exploded as a player past few weeks) but Messinho is more versatile tbf and can play a no9 or SS easily, his combination of speed and ball control is just scary tbh. He is one of those whom if everything clicked will be unmatched by any of his peers. Though odds are always against that.

jamrock

Level maybe, style no.
Morata is a physically and technically a monstar player who just can't finish. Jesus is more technical but sucks at finishing.
At best, Roque is more technically limited but a very good goal scoring, imagine a short Drogba or something.

Maybe, and I can't blame the club for not pulling the trigger on Messinho especially considering he struggled early on (and exploded as a player past few weeks) but Messinho is more versatile tbf and can play a no9 or SS easily, his combination of speed and ball control is just scary tbh. He is one of those whom if everything clicked will be unmatched by any of his peers. Though odds are always against that.

Fair points, but can't see messinho as a striker, SS or RW will be his position, he's too frail to play the No 9 position.

But his skill sets will be deadly if they click,I see him, that Argentine kid city sign and yamal as the best young talents in the world.

Home of Barca Fans