Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

serghei

Calling folk as in 'denial' when you just lie about opinions and then change yours to fit what Xavi wants as the correct thing.

You dindt even read what he said as he mentioned other free players and that is only half the argument anyway.

Free or not it is about cost on books.

Of course my opinion change lol. Times change too. Only a fool would stick to what was valid 3 years ago, when the setup is entirely different and all variables have changed in the process.

It's simple. If we can't sign expensive players in their prime, then elite oldies like Messi and Gundogan, with massive creativity and scoring potential should not be ignored if the financials make sense in those potential deals.

JamDav1982

Serghie last few years saying Messi had to go due to attitude and walking on pitch, laughs when PSG lose with Messi not running etc. States up until a few weeks ago no way Xavi wants Messi back and all words.

What changes?

Serghie wrong on Xavi not wanting him and suddenly Messi becomes most sensible transfer of the summer.

That is the truth of it.

JamDav1982

Of course my opinion change lol. Times change too. Only a fool would stick to what was valid 3 years ago, when the setup is entirely different and all variables have changed in the process.

It's simple. If we can't sign expensive players in their prime, then elite oldies like Messi and Gundogan, with massive creativity and scoring potential should not be ignored if the financials make sense in those potential deals.

Aye it changes since a few weeks ago when it became clear Xavi wanted him back when you were told that was the case.

What was different a few weeks back?

Just a pure coincidence you change mind on Messi when realise Xavi wants him?

serghei

Aye it changes since a few weeks ago when it became clear Xavi wanted him back when you were told that was the case.

Nah, it changes since the chance of us signing a top player for a lot of money in offense is slim to non existent.

If you believe that to be real, then signing Messi as free agent on a good wage for the club, to improve the offense, is not a terrible proposition.

JamDav1982

What has changed on Messi in last few weeks when you laughed off suggestion Xavi would want him and never offered any argument whatsoever for it happening?

You claiming Barcas ability to spend on better players has changed in last few weeks?

Keep digging.

Porque

You still are in denial. Can't you see we have to look mostly on free players? Messi and Gundogan are the best players in the summer that could be got without any transfer fee at all.

Of course I don't want Messi back if we can spend serious money on players.

I literally said in the bottom paragraph there are alternatives in the free market that are less than 34 years old.

I'll add some points though. Gundagon can be a solid addition to our midfield, though his rumoured wage is way too high.

I'd prefer to continue constructing a modern team than bring Messi back. I understand there is marketing potential in bringing him back. But we might regress with the old men upfront domestically even, while in Europe we will get embarrassed again.

serghei

I literally said in the bottom paragraph there are alternatives in the free market that are less than 34 years old.

I'll add some points though. Gundagon can be a solid addition to our midfield, though his rumoured wage is way too high.

I'd prefer to continue constructing a modern team than bring Messi back. I understand there is marketing potential in bringing him back. But we might regress with the old men upfront domestically even, while in Europe we will get embarrassed again.

Like who?

Who can we sign at RW that is free and can score 25 goals or so?

JamDav1982

Why were you so adament Xavi would not want him a few weeks back?

No mention of money then and not the argument so dont try that one.. or do it is perfect really.

Serghie turned into Messi biggest salesman since realised Xavi wants him..until then? Bad Messi.

serghei

I'm not Messi's biggest salesman. I still think he won't come because he will alsk for too much money and we should not give that to him. :lol:

As usually, Jammie, the little nuances escape you completely. You are simply not polished enough to understand something that is not clearly black, nor white.

We are in a position where we can't do what is ideal. We have to compromise a lot.

If I had my wish, I'd sell the club to some billionaire, and have us spending 300m in the summer like Chelsea did.

JamDav1982

Lies as usual from Serghie.

Textbook stuff.

When did your opinion change on Messi?

It was not about money it was about Xavi not wanting him so that wee mental gymnastics is a fail.

Porque

Like who?

Who can we sign at RW that is free and can score 25 goals or so?
Why do we need a RW? We have Raphinha and Dembele.

Our problems are the leftwing where Ansu and Ferran (better at RW lol) are bad, and where Gavi plays in a mid quartet.

Kamada- Rotation for Gavi as advanced mid

Thuram- AML option and striker rotation.

serghei

Why do we need a RW? We have Raphinha and Dembele.

Our problems are the leftwing where Ansu and Ferran (better at RW lol) are bad, and where Gavi plays in a mid quartet.

Kamada- Rotation for Gavi as advanced mid

Thuram- AML option and striker rotation.

Well, it's only RW or LW.

Thuram is striker as far as I know. We have Lewa there. Doubt Thuram would come to sit on the bench as a rotation option when reportedly he has better options than that.

I'd sign both Messi and Thuram btw. That's close to what we should do. Sell Ferran, loan Ansu, sign Messi, sign Thuram, Gundogan + a RB. Not bad.

Messi can also play False 9 or 2nd striker. Could be argued he's more 2nd striker than right winger these days anyway.

JamDav1982

Literally two weeks ago Serghie on Messi:

Messi can't do shit in CL, if anything he'll be a negative factor because of his terrible workrate. Only thing he can do is make us repeat a La Liga title next season and provide a bit more entertainment vs low quality sides like Getafe and Elche. That plus nostalgia factor.

Hard pass. We are already proving we can win domestically without him, so what he can bring at this age is not needed.

Our best hope is his notorious greed protects us from this transfer.

If we are trying to improve our intensity levels and our CL form, then past it players like Messi who don't press and barely move off the ball is the last thing we should do.

Dont you see though he didnt change his mind recently just for no reason Messi now makes sense.

What changed in last two weeks?

fergus90

Didn't think he'd join to be honest. The club is betting on free 30+ year old transfers than gambling any more money.

Realistically Marcus Thuram may be the Lewa backup but isn't an out and out striker either. Likes of Osimhen is impossible and by rumours is of interest to Bayern Munich, as is Kane with United also interested.

serghei

Literally two weeks ago Serghie on Messi:

Messi can't do shit in CL, if anything he'll be a negative factor because of his terrible workrate. Only thing he can do is make us repeat a La Liga title next season and provide a bit more entertainment vs low quality sides like Getafe and Elche. That plus nostalgia factor.

Hard pass. We are already proving we can win domestically without him, so what he can bring at this age is not needed.

Our best hope is his notorious greed protects us from this transfer.

If we are trying to improve our intensity levels and our CL form, then past it players like Messi who don't press and barely move off the ball is the last thing we should do.

Dont you see though he didnt change his mind recently just for no reason Messi now makes sense.

What changed in last two weeks?

What changed is that I'd take Messi on a good deal, knowing he will be shit in CL most likely, because the team doesn't have funds to improve so that we can challenge for CL next season. And I'd be satisfied with just making a CL quarterfinals or so, but winning La Liga again, which Messi could help us with. He was close to do it with Koeman too.

We have proved we can win without Messi, but winning it again next season like we did this year.... very unlikely.

Home of Barca Fans