Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

vuji_31

Another fraud coming here or maybe we are finnaly lucky to spend some cash and get some value...?

Concidering pessimism here, another fraud for sure.

Porque

Rayan Vitor debut and goal.

Younger than Endrick this kid. Question was/is whether he was excelling because of his size or effective usage of his size. I always maintained that it is the latter and that we should have signed him over a year back when the price was modest.

But worth trying to secure and confirm that option within 10 games on him in Brasil Serie A.

So many talents coming through in Brazil that it is sooo hard to get a one hit and success with our budget. But to me, I'd go for this guy. Well, you can read my old posts.

Messi983

He'll only turn 17 in August so we could only arrange a future transfer (like RM with Endrick) to come to Europe next year. But at the same time it's also risky not just because of our situation but he could also not develop as we'd hope over next year, get seriously injured or Vasco could just stop playing him after already selling him (was reported last week same thing is happening with Endrick).

But ofc this is a risk you have to take if you think one of these kids will turn out special or you will pay even more in a year or two or miss out on him. Obviously can't expect kids at 16-17 (even Neymar was a full month over 17 when he made his professional debut for Santos) to be guaranteed starters and get more playing time so we could better evaluate them in senior football not just youth where they usually dominate. So you have to evaluate if and how these "flashes of brilliance" they show can translate to professional football.

Porque

He'll only turn 17 in August so we could only arrange a future transfer (like RM with Endrick) to come to Europe next year. But at the same time it's also risky not just because of our situation but he could also not develop as we'd hope over next year, get seriously injured or Vasco could just stop playing him after already selling him (was reported last week same thing is happening with Endrick).

But ofc this is a risk you have to take if you think one of these kids will turn out special or you will pay even more in a year or two or miss out on him. Obviously can't expect kids at 16-17 (even Neymar was a full month over 17 when he made his professional debut for Santos) to be guaranteed starters and get more playing time so we could better evaluate them in senior football not just youth where they usually dominate. So you have to evaluate if and how these "flashes of brilliance" they show can translate to professional football.

Absolutely. And for overdeveloped physical players at this age group like Rayan, Kaui of Flu, Deived or even our very own Ilaix it is key to assess how the fundamentals are and their understanding of the game, or if there youth success is an over reliance on their physical excellence.

But also, I think our club has a tendancy of the opposite, and to look detrimentally to those having early physical advantanges and instead looking deeper into the flipside, and to prefer technical capabilities and a subjective bias to undersized players because of (possibly) the exception of success that was the Messi/Iniesta/Xavi generation.

L3v1s

From the highlights this guy looks like a mix of Suarez/Neymar, kinda gives R9 vibes(not saying that he is :LOL: )

iniestaGOAT

From the highlights this guy looks like a mix of Suarez/Neymar, kinda gives R9 vibes(not saying that he is :LOL: )

Came here to say this. This guy is mini FAT RONALDO. He will shock the world like Muhammad Ali.

People are comparing Endrick to R9. But he is just fat and nothing like R9

jamrock

40m in 2023 is about 20m 5+ years ago, so I'm not fussed about the price, for a young player with potential, if it was some Torres level 55m + 10m add ons than would be different, because for that kinda money you have to be board line WC at the very least.

I've never seen him play, so can't comment on that, but everyone asked for a young striker, we got one, so the succession plan with lewa is clear.

Which is refreshing coming from the dark ages of he who's name should not be said.

Home of Barca Fans