Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

FCMessi

Another knee jerk reaction due to the Messi snub ?

so many doubters, VR must be another fraud poser from Brazil ?

Messigician

Rayan Vitor debut and goal.

Younger than Endrick this kid. Question was/is whether he was excelling because of his size or effective usage of his size. I always maintained that it is the latter and that we should have signed him over a year back when the price was modest.

But worth trying to secure and confirm that option within 10 games on him in Brasil Serie A.

So many talents coming through in Brazil that it is sooo hard to get a one hit and success with our budget. But to me, I'd go for this guy. Well, you can read my old posts.

What?

He's 18

Endrick is 16

Porque

40m in 2023 is about 20m 5+ years ago, so I'm not fussed about the price, for a young player with potential, if it was some Torres level 55m + 10m add ons than would be different, because for that kinda money you have to be board line WC at the very least.

I've never seen him play, so can't comment on that, but everyone asked for a young striker, we got one, so the succession plan with lewa is clear.

Which is refreshing coming from the dark ages of he who's name should not be said.

This. Board done their homework and listened to scouts. This isn't a Keirrison kind of deal or commissions (though there may be a few rolled in).

Kids the best young striker right now in South America outside of Endrick and the new gen (those mentioned in this thread who are 16/17).

Could flop and has question marks but that is the risk in investing. You wait, he goes to Arsenal and off the market, or goes to a Lille or Napoli and rockets to 80m in a year.

Not sure who else you could go for at this age and price point. Ok there is that kid banging the goals in in Belgium, but you watch the tapes and he doesn't look in the same tier.

Only one I can think of is Nicolas Jackson IF Villarreal accepted 40-45m.

Got a feeling Rayan will end the best of this gen, and maybe we still go for him or Kaui (Flu) for 15-20m, but doesn't solve immediate issues as can't leave Brazil for another 14-18 months.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's have Deco work his wonders and try to tie down as many Brazilian young talents as possible. Pre-agreement etc. They are worth the gamble. Madrid's gamble with the Brazilian kids worked out great for them for the most part, the only failure is Reinier.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The other two Brazillian 16 year old players we're linked to are the ones we need to tie down as soon as possible if they continue developing as they do.

Because they're the bigger talents.

jamrock

This. Board done their homework and listened to scouts. This isn't a Keirrison kind of deal or commissions (though there may be a few rolled in).

Kids the best young striker right now in South America outside of Endrick and the new gen (those mentioned in this thread who are 16/17).

Could flop and has question marks but that is the risk in investing. You wait, he goes to Arsenal and off the market, or goes to a Lille or Napoli and rockets to 80m in a year.

Not sure who else you could go for at this age and price point. Ok there is that kid banging the goals in in Belgium, but you watch the tapes and he doesn't look in the same tier.

Only one I can think of is Nicolas Jackson IF Villarreal accepted 40-45m.

Got a feeling Rayan will end the best of this gen, and maybe we still go for him or Kaui (Flu) for 15-20m, but doesn't solve immediate issues as can't leave Brazil for another 14-18 months.

Yea their seems to be a lot of hype around those two names and thankfully Barcelona & Madrid are still seen as the Pinnacle in South America, so we can make a move for one or both.

Which again is aided by

1) Madrid having a young front line, so it should be easier to convince them of a place in our front 3

2) deco seems to have good relationships & connections in Brazil.

Having forming players who are actually smart as your SD, is always a good thing.

The Rayan kid seems lamine & Fati( pre injury) kinda special, so I hope we sign him.

Kaui looks a more out & out striker, it we have the funds would be a good way to edge out bets with roque.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Madrid certainly has that existing Brazilian allure, but since they are getting Mbappe and Endrick will be there in a few years, plus Vinicius already there, I think Madrid won't look as accommodating as we will be in a few years when Lewandowski, Fati, Ferran will all be gone and we will need some serious attacking firepower. And our financial position should improve as well. I don't know any of these Brazilian kids but I trust Porque and Don, let's do the homework and tie them up!

Messigician

We have only 1 Brazilian in the team, we haven't signed a Brazilian top rated star/prospect since Neymar.
I don't like that we don't have Argentinians anymore, but we lack strong connection to Brazilian market.
Also, B team had 2 Argentinians,although they will leave.
Arthur?

Malcom?

Paulinho?

jamrock

Damn!! I really liked this player, ended the season on fire.

Surprise his clause his that low, will be worth 2x as much in a few seasons

Home of Barca Fans