Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Messi983

People are comparing him to Depay as if that's some terrible slight on him. I'd take an 18 year old Depay clone for 35m in this market. Depay was not even that bad here and we have seen at Atletico that he isn't a bad player at all when used properly.

Vitor will obviously progress in the next few years and hopefully by the age of 21 he will be Suarez Lite. If that happens, then, given the current market, it would have been a terrific transfer.

What isn't debatable is that Xavi HAS to get this transfer right. His job could be riding on it. His transfers for fees have been almost unanimous failures and if Vitor is another one, there will be no chance of any trophies next season.

Which will mean, Xavi adiós.

Good post overall but don't agree with the bolded part.

Vitor should not have much impact on our chances to win trophies next season. If he will then great because it will probably mean he's doing well (or alternatively he'd play more than expected because Lewy would get injured or Xavi would play him at LW because other options there are worse than him - both of those scenarios are far from ideal though) but immediate impact should not be expected like it was from the signings we've made last year.

But we clearly shouldn't be judging his transfer after the first season nor should his success be directly linked to whatever happens with Xavi. I think he's less of a Xavi signing than anyone we got last year and more a strategic longterm signing by the club/Deco who should be given time to adapt. Although this won't prevent people from calling him a flop after 5 minutes of his first preseason game, lol.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Good post overall but don't agree with the bolded part.

Vitor should not have much impact on our chances to win trophies next season. If he will then great because it will probably mean he's doing well (or alternatively he'd play more than expected because Lewy would get injured or Xavi would play him at LW because other options there are worse than him - both of those scenarios are far from ideal though) but immediate impact should not be expected like it was from the signings we've made last year.

But we clearly shouldn't be judging his transfer after the first season nor should his success be directly linked to whatever happens with Xavi. I think he's less of a Xavi signing than anyone we got last year and more a strategic longterm signing by the club/Deco who should be given time to adapt. Although this won't prevent people from calling him a flop after 5 minutes of his first preseason game, lol.
I understand your point, but Vitor is the only attacking reinforcement we are going to make to our front line. The line that was by far the weakest part of the team last season and barely looked like scoring in half the games in the last 3 months.

I can't see how we can win anything with a front 3 of Lewa, Dembele and Raph next season, even if our defence is as good as it was last season. If they are not buying Vitor for an immediate impact, then imho I don't think we should be buying him.

Porque

Gol Vitor Roque.

I'm not too big on Sao Paulo this season. They have Marcos Paulo on the bench who will probably come on at some point. He is on loan from Atleti.

Messi983

Yes, I know Marcos Paulo. Looking at their squad some well known names but mostly oldies like Rafinha (ex Bayern), Calleri (played in multiple La Liga clubs) and Pato (ofc injured). No younger players who would be hyped much though (at least don't recognize their names).

Porque

There's Pablo Maia in defensive midfield, but he is suspended for this match.

Solid first half from Roque. Alot to like, albeit not getting the ball enough, which is a theme for that side.

Home of Barca Fans