Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

I've always had soft spot for Uruguayan strikers and profile wise Roque is closer to them than your usual Brazilian strikers of the past. He'll make his career more based on his determination and hunger for goals than pure technical abilities. And I'm fine with that.

Matias Arezo perhaps?

Just seen Penarol have a buy option in the loan from Granada. So it is never a sure thing that these types of strikers adapt from SA to Europe.

BBZ8800

Flamengo won 2-1 but there is a return leg next week.

Roque had an assist early in the game but didn't do much otherwise based on these highlights. Didn't watch the game but looks like he was again very isolated up front. Hard to really judge him based on this team/system he plays in but I think he'll do better here with players like Dembouz, Pedri, Gundo&Co.. playing close to him. Ofc there is still Xavi who will probably find a way to misuse him but there is a lot to like imo.

I've always had soft spot for Uruguayan strikers and profile wise Roque is closer to them than your usual Brazilian strikers of the past. He'll make his career more based on his determination and hunger for goals than pure technical abilities. And I'm fine with that.

One player that often comes to my mind when watching Roque is Chimy Avila. A player who I've liked since I first saw him still playing in Segunda for Huesca 5-6 years ago. Was ofc a bit of a late bloomer so Roque has potential to become a much better player. Similar physical profile, Chimy is better technically (Vitor could still improve in that aspect though) but Roque already a better finisher (Chimy has scored some long range bangers I've not seen from Vitor so far though).

Slow, short, mediocre technique, dribbles with a head down, losing duels left and right.
I can see him at Segunda in 3-4 years.

For a comparison, our Malcom looked as a way better and smarter player at Bordeaux.
Ended as a total bum.

malvolio

Slow, short, mediocre technique, dribbles with a head down, losing duels left and right.
I can see him at Segunda in 3-4 years.

For a comparison, our Malcom looked as a way better and smarter player at Bordeaux.
Ended as a total bum.

Agreed. If we really get this guy he will be a major flop.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If he looked special at 18, he would cost double the price and we wouldn't be able to afford him.

We've been crying out for Barca to start investing in unfinished article, medium cost, high potential players.
They've done that.

I'm happy even if he underwhelms. The financial situation dictates that these are the sort of risks we now have to take.

jamrock

Other big boys in Europe are going in hard him, we need to stop pussyfooting around and have him sign a actual contract.

Porque

broke-no-money.gif

JamDav1982

We have plenty of money.

Aye so you claimed and all would be fine this summer to sign players needed.

Last summer there was plenty money to get top players then and this summer would be different as you were told.

Few weeks ago you were mocking folk who said it would be difficult to spend the type of money needed for DM etc and claiming all going to plan.

Do better.

Iniesta Ultra

Yeah, his ball control is quite clumsy and indeed concerning (easily dispossessed), looks like a lot of brawn and sheer power to drive forward using his body (which is needed) but not enough brain, to me. Only judging from the clip above.

Xavi's ideal player.

Pray for this nightmare to end before it's too late.

Home of Barca Fans