Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

We have plenty of money.

Can't be sure until we see money spent. Compare Endrick and Morty (Guler) to our sagas. So there is the possibility we have the transfer signed and waiting for transfers that will impact this summer market to go through before announcing. But media stories are not inspiring.

This in Marca just now regarding Fresneda

The player has a termination clause of 20 million euros that Barcelona cannot reach in any way. This price is very high and, according to club sources, the maximum amount that could be assumed is approximately half.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What the hell is going on with the club? Just send the documents, down payment, whatever AP wants to them already!

If we lose out on Roque (I don't think we will as the player really wants to join us and the club will have to take this one seriously after the Guler fiasco), then it is not just this player, it is the club's reputation as a serious club and institution at stake. Crazy that clubs like Manchester United, Tottenham and PSG and probably others think we are so broke, not only can we not compete with others but also we can't even complete those deals that have already been agreed upon, and they take advantage of us. Crazy.

Wake up, Laporta, Deco and Alemany! What happened to all the savings from Pique, Alba, Busquets and the record earnings from the Camp Nou, Barça museum and BLM??

Gnidrologist

Some people here compared him to poor mans Depay, which imo is completely off. Depais dribbling and technique is massively overrated. He often tries heroball dribbling with useless shiftting the ball left and right and then does nothing. Also completeluy useless at first touch and shielding the ball as a 9 back to the goal. Gets robbed 99% of the time.
Roque from what i've seen in comps seems to lack tidiness, but often wins scrappy balls in key spots with tooth and nail action and gets laser shot on the goal, which is a good trait and offsets our general tidy, but passive attitudes, when in possession. We have enough good dribblers, passers and carriers. This guy could be good for balancing that out with directness and no nonsense shooto on goloo drive. Will have enough providers to set him up for easier chances than in that second or third tier brazilian team. Could be a pleasant surprise, if Xavi doesn't fuck up with shitty tactics and misuse (in before he's a winger now) again.

mc_lovin

When you watch his match compilations he’s always under pressure, always battling other players. He does the hardest part instead of pulling back (like Depay). Don’t think his technique is bad either.

Really refreshing to see a talent like that. Also Gavi+him will be fun.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can't be sure until we see money spent. Compare Endrick and Morty (Guler) to our sagas. So there is the possibility we have the transfer signed and waiting for transfers that will impact this summer market to go through before announcing. But media stories are not inspiring.

This in Marca just now regarding Fresneda

The player has a termination clause of 20 million euros that Barcelona cannot reach in any way. This price is very high and, according to club sources, the maximum amount that could be assumed is approximately half.

Yeah, I am starting to think the club is not just merely having problems with the La Liga FFP (having money but is not allowed to spend it as we wish) but actually is short of money. It is like we are trying to cheapen out on everywhere, on every player we try to sign, on everything we spend on. I understand and support reining in expenses and austerity but are we really in such a bad place cash-wise? It shouldn't be like this, after all the levers, the cost we cut in the wage bill, after the record earnings from Camp Nou and in the commercial sector. Something doesn't add up.

OVI9323

Totally trust this new Lad... Guy, if you don't believe in him, believe in Me, He'll be a superstar in 3 year max

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Yeah, I am starting to think the club is not just merely having problems with the La Liga FFP (having money but is not allowed to spend it as we wish) but actually is short of money. It is like we are trying to cheapen out on everywhere, on every player we try to sign, on everything we spend on. I understand and support reining on expenses and austerity but are we really in such a bad place cash-wise? It shouldn't be like this, after all the levers, the cost we cut in the wage bill, after the record earnings from Camp Nou and in the commercial sector. Something doesn't add up.
Even more wild when considering they spent 12m on Alonso and Julian Araujo. Looks like that 12m could go a long way right now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartonomics. He fucked us good.

Yes but I am talking about all the great work Laporta has been hailed to have done, the savings and the revenue etc., still couldn't close out a 35m + 10m deal?

The fax machine is not working? I will personally buy them a fucking fax machine.

mc_lovin

Yes but I am talking about all the great work Laporta has been hailed to have done, the savings and the revenue etc., still couldn't close out a 35m + 10m deal?

The fax machine is not working? I will personally buy them a fucking fax machine.
I mean he’s no magician.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like there's a chance he slips through our fingers too. Club briefing to the press that they trust in their pre-agreement with his club and the player himself, but that it's getting complicated because Athletico-PR are running out of patience.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Looks like there's a chance he slips through our fingers too. Club briefing to the press that they trust in their pre-agreement with his club and the player himself, but that it's getting complicated because Athletico-PR are running out of patience.

If we have learned anything from the Guler fiasco it is pre-agreement means shit. Nothing. Another club can just waltz in and trump on whatever that useless pre-agreement with a better offer. If the club still hasn't learned the lesson and is so naive about it, then joke is on them and they will have another rude awakening and deserve to be humiliated.

All they do is "calma", the club remains calm. They can calm their way into their graves. I am guessing incompetence is in our blood.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we have learned anything from the Guler fiasco it is pre-agreement means shit. Nothing. Another club can just waltz in and trump on whatever that useless pre-agreement with a better offer. If the club still hasn't learned the lesson and is so naive about it, then joke is on them and they will have another rude awakening and deserve to be humiliated.

All they do is "calma", the club remains calm. They can calm their way into their graves. I am guessing incompetence is in our blood.

I still think we get this done, but if we don't then there's obviously far bigger issues with the club than what they're saying.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I still think we get this done, but if we don't then there's obviously far bigger issues with the club than what they're saying.

Something seriously doesn't add up. Where did all the money (from savings and new earnings) go?

And I really hate this "calm and serendipity" stupidity from the club. They just don't learn.

Home of Barca Fans