Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

mc_lovin

City got Julian Alvarez for 23M. I know that not every day a club hits the jackpot like that but Alvarez was on another level to Roque just by looking at Youtube compilations from his River stint.

We are getting rinsed here.
Alvarez was also much older when he had his breakthrough in South America.

Roque is a top talent and you pay for that.

MTL_Barca

31m variables is ridiculous, I hope silly ones like the BOd take up much of it but I honestly don't think so.

Perhaps we caved in.
Tbh i don't think variables are a big problem when signing a young player, as long it's actual variables and not just "pay 10M in 2024 because he played 5 games" or something of course.

Biggest risk is he's a complete flop, and in that case he likely won't fulfill any clauses that depend on goals or even appearances. Titles maybe, but i guess if we continue to win titles things are looking somewhat alright anyway.

The 30M up front are the bigger risk, because that money has to be paid 100% and could potentially be gone completely if he ends up being a bust. At that point 5M more or less in variables won't really make a difference, it would be disastrous either way.

Generally in don't think the exact price is that important. We simply can't afford more flops, not for 60M, not for 40M, not for 30M. We already have one in Ferran, Fati is struggling big time (and on an expensive contract), Lewandowski isn't getting any younger - another big investment in offense better works out or things are looking bad. We have a lot of players there but as of now it could very well just be Dembele playing here in 1-2 years, and we all know he isn't exactly a reliable player himself.

serghei

From the serious money signings, only Ferran can be called a flop for me. The rest are players with plenty of growth potential and a good current level even if most are short of world-class.

And flops like Ferran Torres are quite rare in the business. If we hit another one like that questions about the competence of the staff have to be asked.

L3v1s

City got Julian Alvarez for 23M. I know that not every day a club hits the jackpot like that but Alvarez was on another level to Roque just by looking at Youtube compilations from his River stint.

We are getting rinsed here.
Wow, this is just depressive when you realise that the likes of Ferran and Raphinha cost double that money.

Porque

Wow, this is just depressive when you realise that the likes of Ferran and Raphinha cost double that money.

Julián Álvarez was offered to Barcelona before being signed by Manchester City. Everything was in place for Álvarez's move to Barça to take place, but the Catalan club turned down the opportunity.

mc_lovin

If it helps you sleep at night we were not the only club losing out on Alvarez. Chelsea, Real, United, Bayern,(...) all needed a CF and struggling big time to find one.

Anyway, can't repeat it enough: Roque looks brilliant. Very happy we made the move considering the shit-show we would have been in without a replacement when Lewy is done (in a year at best).

Devils

Signed a genuine beast for 30m. Thank you Allah for guiding us in the right direction and not signing that nasty estrogen fuelled Turk.

Vitor_Roque_Barcelona_GFX.jpg

M3ls

Alvarez was also much older when he had his breakthrough in South America.

Roque is a top talent and you pay for that.

Is he a top talent?

Many of you hate Torres, but Torres excels him in almost every aspect of the game.

M3ls

In addition, at the age of 18, he has problems with physical fitness - his problems with being overweight are visible to the naked eye.

That is, he lacks the discipline to take care of his physical form. Do you understand how this ends for the Brazilian?

M3ls

What does he excel in?
First of all, intelligence.

That is why such coaches with a SYSTEMIC approach - Enrique, Pep, Emery, Xavi followed Torres.

Ferrand is very smart in terms of football.

In technical terms, he also surpasses Roque.

He also surpasses him in speed and dribbling.

Roque is stronger in terms of aggression and playing with his back to the opponent's goal.

Home of Barca Fans