Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Another Signing

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Another Barca B player

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Surely, but having too many stars/starters is not always a good thing, as it's hard to manage.

It is, but we won't have 4 much longer. Xavi is on a decline leaving a deep lying midfielder role open for a starter in the future. Cesc/Iniesta can't really fulfill that so sticking with Roberto as the leftover option does no good. Obviously the best case scenario is that Thiago stays but if not, I don't believe we have the luxury of sticking with the 'Xavi role' anymore. We'd have to change our midfield system greatly, maybe adding Schweinsteiger style muscle or a box-to-box player who is strong and technically sound. Or maybe stick with what we have, except giving Busquets some true 'regista' freedom to help dictate our play as a Pirlo style player and putting Iniesta in a slightly deeper role to help maintain fluidity. In that scenario, Cesc would become the link between Iniesta to Messi/Neymar and he'd have to work on his footwork/dribbling/flair more because that's what he lacks currently.

F

Flavia

It is, but we won't have 4 much longer. Xavi is on a decline leaving a deep lying midfielder role open for a starter in the future. Cesc/Iniesta can't really fulfill that so sticking with Roberto as the leftover option does no good. Obviously the best case scenario is that Thiago stays but if not, I don't believe we have the luxury of sticking with the 'Xavi role' anymore. We'd have to change our midfield system greatly, maybe adding Schweinsteiger style muscle or a box-to-box player who is strong and technically sound. Or maybe stick with what we have, except giving Busquets some true 'regista' freedom to help dictate our play as a Pirlo style player and putting Iniesta in a slightly deeper role to help maintain fluidity. In that scenario, Cesc would become the link between Iniesta to Messi/Neymar and he'd have to work on his footwork/dribbling/flair more because that's what he lacks currently.

I don't think even Thiago can mimic what Xavi does at 100%, so when he retires, changes will need to be made. And if it's up to Tito, surely Cesc has the upper hand, and not Thiago.

taduong

Roberto= Thiago. we should only keep one of them. Thiago should leave now, good for him, and might for the others who stay

Jadentheman

No one because I don't think Barca really needs more players on their roster. We have Cesc to be honestly and if anyone is unhappy, then I need to remind them of their bring Cesc back home movement in 2010 ruining things

WallBreaker

Its not just about dividing up time to make room for thiago.

He is a fantastic player and he wants to be able to shine as the star he is.

He wont be able to do that in barcelona as much as he will in a place like manchester the way i see it.

Its not just about giving "adequate" time to thiago, its about giving him time to really, truly, SHINE.

Having said that, part of me wants thiago to stay at barcelona because if he doesnt, barcelona MIGHT go after gundogan and as a madrid fan i do not want that.

For those that do not know, Madrid wanted gundogan for 13/14 but dortmund said to wait one year, so according to El Confidencial ( probably most reliable spanish paper of them all) and marca, since madrid and dortmund have a very good relationship, we have first dibs on gundogan.

They will contact us if anyone wants to go after gundogan. Considering Madrid is like an asylum with perez as president, gundogan could pick barca over madrid in such a scenario.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Its not just about dividing up time to make room for thiago.

He is a fantastic player and he wants to be able to shine as the star he is.

He wont be able to do that in barcelona as much as he will in a place like manchester the way i see it.

Its not just about giving "adequate" time to thiago, its about giving him time to really, truly, SHINE.

Having said that, part of me wants thiago to stay at barcelona because if he doesnt, barcelona MIGHT go after gundogan and as a madrid fan i do not want that.

For those that do not know, Madrid wanted gundogan for 13/14 but dortmund said to wait one year, so according to El Confidencial ( probably most reliable spanish paper of them all) and marca, since madrid and dortmund have a very good relationship, we have first dibs on gundogan.

They will contact us if anyone wants to go after gundogan. Considering Madrid is like an asylum with perez as president, gundogan could pick barca over madrid in such a scenario.

Well.. Klopp is quite a big admirer of Barca so maybe he'll block the Madrid move and convince Gundogan to join us? IF both teams are bidding for him.

WallBreaker

The thing about Gundogan joining Madrid is that he will be THE starter if he joins.

Sahin was a mess that mourinho created, and his injury didnt help him. Im sure that if Nuri would talk to Gundogan, he wouldnt really tell him madrid is a bad place.

Alonso will be out by the end of the season, this is his last one.
And Modric is getting older and isnt even to be trusted. (Yet).

Ancelotti might play a Multi Playmaker midfield like this, this year.

Kondogbia ( Or another DM since kondogbia is being sought after by madrid and might be bought, but remain in sevilla until 14/15)
Modric Isco(Ozil)

Modric is getting older ( will be 28 once the season really starts)

And lets face it, Gundogan is among the top 3, if not THE top "up and coming" CM in the whole world.

But if Barca go after gundogan..having thiago...It would have been a disaster really.

Just want to make it clear that in Madrid, Gundogan will most likely than not, be given the spot.

And he will have young talented youth like kondogbia and isco ( if they join) around him. He will be one of the stars in the midfield for the present and future.

Pepe Silvia

If the idea was to replace Thiago for someone, then Cesc would be the one. I don't think that's the case though, and if he leaves we shouldn't get anyone as we have youth and Cesc to fill the role.

WallBreaker

To tell you the truth guys, you cant afford to say " but is this guy the next xavi?" when looking for a replacement to the man.

More likely than not Barcelona will need a rehaul in the mechanics of how the game works when xavi really starts declining or retires.

you cant expect to go for a player that is pound for pound like him. In any case you go for the best CM out there.

I dont really think Cesc is up for the task.

Here i am hoping that Thiago sticks with Barcelona or else it will be a battle for Gundogan if Barca are smart imo.

Cesc is not like xavi and you cant expect for everyone in the cantera to be gold.

Dont be too proud to admit you have to go for someone else, and dont be foolish enough to expect a replica of xavi.

Home of Barca Fans