Who should take free kicks?

Best free kick taker?

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alves. Xavi close second. I feared once Ronladinho was gone we`d have trouble with FK. But, so far so good.

Evil

Shabazz
Messi anyone ? He really has an accurate shot, and Alves blasting it does'nt always work. Yes Alves is a really good free-kick taker, and he's proven it, but I'd rather have Alves take the long range ones, and Messi or Xavi for the ones just outside the box.

Evil

Shabazz
Anyways we're winning, and making the most out of our set pieces, so I think Pep is making the right decesions.
But anyone who watched Free-kick Master 08, and the accuracy Messi has on his shot, will definatley let him take the close range ones.

maz

I walk the line
Alves's long range ones are good but he should try sometimes to just hit it into the crowd of players rather than going for goal. That way, its less likely it will hit the wall, and more likely to bounce off a player and cause the keeper some problems.

Although alves took a short freekick 2 or 3 matches ago, with a lot of dip on it, and it just narrowly went over the crossbar. However its great that we are now more cunning in our freekicks, and also making corners count more.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Thierry Henry was a demon from free kicks at Arsenal but since he turned up at Camp Nou he's stopped taking them. WHY?

maz

I walk the line
I remember when there was the whole saga about us signing him 3 seasons ago, one thing i mentioned that would be great was him AND ronaldinho lining up for a freekick. Henry doing his 1 step backwards, and ronnie doing his 3 steps back, 2 steps sideways. The opposition would have NO idea who would take the freekick, and theyre both brilliant freekick takers.

But henry has taken about 3 freekicks during his whole time here. Its crazy. Although at the same time, maybe pep is thinking its more useful to have him in the box to get onto any loose balls? And also..if it hits the wall, while henry has done a good job of tracking back lately, you'd rather someone like alves or messi as the freekick taker since they will be first to the opponent and can hustle the ball off him much better than titi can.

Home of Barca Fans