Wojciech Szczęsny

Horatio

You're welcome
Wojciech Szczęsny had one year left in his contract, and Juve bought him out with a clause that they save whatever he earns in his new club.

After that, he retired.

This means unless we gave him more than what Juve is paying him to chill in Spain, there is zero financial incentive for him to come back.

It needs to be a sort of a childhood dream to play for Barca, in order for him to come to play here, essentially for free.

Doesn’t need to be a childhood dream. Can also simply be he regrets his decision but too proud to return to juve. He has had some time to reflect. Another huge factor is relationship with lewandowski.

I dunno…but in his shoes it HAS to look like an exciting opportunity, going on to work with Flick who’s performing miracle work, friend Lewa and exciting young players. Play in Spain.

It’s so low-risk for him. Can’t do worse than Pena, can leave after season is done if not to his liking.

If he refuses it can only be cause he is committed to other projects.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Wojciech Szczęsny had one year left in his contract, and Juve bought him out with a clause that they save whatever he earns in his new club.

After that, he retired.

This means unless we gave him more than what Juve is paying him to chill in Spain, there is zero financial incentive for him to come back.

It needs to be a sort of a childhood dream to play for Barca, in order for him to come to play here, essentially for free.
We could work something out under the table :lol:

pers

I was about to write he would only cost around 5m. Maybe even a low-ball a bit considering he missed out on few months.
Doesn’t need to be a childhood dream. Can also simply be he regrets his decision but too proud to return to juve. He has had some time to reflect. Another huge factor is relationship with lewandowski.

I dunno…but in his shoes it HAS to look like an exciting opportunity, going on to work with Flick who’s performing miracle work, friend Lewa and exciting young players. Play in Spain.

It’s so low-risk for him. Can’t do worse than Pena, can leave after season is done if not to his liking.

If he refuses it can only be cause he is committed to other projects.
What makes you think so? Firstly he is retired for like 3 weeks so there is almost 0 chance he regrets anything. Moreover there were rumors in Poland that several top clubs wanted him but he refused to even talk to them including his childhood dream Arsenal. I'm afraid he was redy to retaire and all this drama with Juve helped him to make it earlier.

Horatio

You're welcome
What makes you think so? Firstly he is retired for like 3 weeks so there is almost 0 chance he regrets anything. Moreover there were rumors in Poland that several top clubs wanted him but he refused to even talk to them including his childhood dream Arsenal. I'm afraid he was redy to retaire and all this drama with Juve helped him to make it earlier.

Hypothetically let’s assume he has come around on his decision. Barca is the only option to play for top team.

What several top clubs? Maybe that Arsenal considered him an option but pretty confident they really liked Raya.

El Gato

Villarato!
Polish TV execs & journalist friends will no doubt be on the phone to him offering him bonuses for exclusive interviews the moment he signs. They stand to farm a lot of money out of this

Horatio

You're welcome
I am exciting to get him but only cause I was told we can’t get Valle. Valle also makes plenty of sense. But if not Valle Sczezy will be huge improvement over pena.

We simply CAN’T CONTINUE into the season with Pena in goal.

El Gato

Villarato!
I am exciting to get him but only cause I was told we can’t get Valle. Valle also makes plenty of sense. But if not Valle Sczezy will be huge improvement over pena.

We simply CAN’T CONTINUE into the season with Pena in goal.
Karius is available I hear

Andresito

Staff member
I think he would've liked to continue playing but as a 100% starter. Not sure if Arsenal that's been mentioned would've given him that. Other than that I can't see which top clubs could offer him a starting spot.

Barca is a great opportunity for him, but of course you'd understand if he felt he was done with football. It takes a lot of mental thought and acceptance to retire. Could be tough to overturn that. Have a feeling though if he does come until summer 2025 he'd become a cult hero.

Home of Barca Fans