World Cup 2022

L3v1s

Romania deserved to be in the semis, as well. Gheorghe Hagi IMO is the best player ever to have played football in the whole of the Eastern bloc. But the Swedes had this asshole goalkeeper.

Yeah, I've heard quite a few neutrals saying that Romania deserved it and that they could've caused some problems to Brazil. But in the end, going to penalties is mostly a lottery.

Interesting that you put Hagi above Stoichkov. I'm saying this because Stoichkov has undoubtedly had a better career in Western Europe(also a Barca legend)while Hagi couldn't really solidify his place at big clubs, mainly due to inconsistency. Despite that, he is one of the best long shot takers of all time. He shot a rocket whenever he had the chance.

This goal is magical

Windhook

Yeah, I've heard quite a few neutrals saying that Romania deserved it and that they could've caused some problems to Brazil. But in the end, going to penalties is mostly a lottery.

Interesting that you put Hagi above Stoichkov. I'm saying this because Stoichkov has undoubtedly had a better career in Western Europe(also a Barca legend)while Hagi couldn't really solidify his place at big clubs, mainly due to inconsistency. Despite that, he is one of the best long shot takers of all time. He shot a rocket whenever he had the chance.

This goal is magical

Indeed it's magical. I put Hagi above Stoichkov, being Bulgarian, for his longevity and achievements, especially his tenure at Galatasaray. Talentwise they are equal for me. Matter of fact Stoichkov was Hagi best man at his wedding.

On individual it's unfair comparing a wing forward for attacking midfielder. Could only imagine them both playing together for Barca...

Asylum15

They wont. Molina and Romero aint stopping Mbappe. Let alone Griezman, Dembele and Giroud.
If they played with Coman instead of Mbappe then Argentina would already struggle a lot. Let alone with him.

They lack the creativity, Goalscorers, plan b and speed to beat France unfortunately.
Getting past Croatia will be a tough task as it is.

I agree.

One can still hope Rask :(

Wambo

Nah. We're pretty happy as it is. Now crawl back to your hole. :)

I was there for one million welcome party in Zagreb and we had great time unlike French who demolished their capital as they don't really like their own country. Did I say French? I meant Africans

Try again and come back.

What's up with these snarky personal attacks or the sarcastic comments about people in France?

You are overreacting, it's just football.

malvolio

If they play Argentina it will be some Bayern vs Arsenal/Barca type match. They would crush them and vs Croatia grind out a boring clear win.
Those two need Morocco to upset France to have a realistic shot.

Surprised to see these takes about France being Bayern and Argentina being Barca. Current Argentina has made a habit of grinding out wins and being defensevly solid. Even their encounter with France 4 years ago was a close match. And they were a worse side back then.

It could happen that they lose by 2-3 goals. But getting obliterated? I don't see it.

khaled_a_d

Surprised to see these takes about France being Bayern and Argentina being Barca. Current Argentina has made a habit of grinding out wins and being defensevly solid. Even their encounter with France 4 years ago was a close match. And they were a worse side back then.

It could happen that they lose by 2-3 goals. But getting obliterated? I don't see it.

Argentina defense have been average this tournament tbh.

Bulgroz

What's up with these snarky personal attacks or the sarcastic comments about people in France?

You are overreacting, it's just football.

Pay him no mind, he's just a sad old man. Had his life not turned to shit he wouldn't be filled with hate. But hey, it is what it is, not much you can do about it.

CatalinR10

Romania deserved to be in the semis, as well. Gheorghe Hagi IMO is the best player ever to have played football in the whole of the Eastern bloc. But the Swedes had this asshole goalkeeper.

Thank you brother for the kind love towards Romania and the goated Gheorghe Hagi , much appreciated !!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Hagi. The Carpathian Maradona. And a Barca man. Just like Barca captain Giga Popescu

Yes, not everybody will understand it. But it's for the best.

Let me know when you're over and you have a barrel of wine and lamb.

BBZ8800

Thank you brother for the kind love towards Romania and the goated Gheorghe Hagi , much appreciated !!!

Usa 94 was my second world cup after Italy 90'.
I remember all the matches and panini stickers.

Romania was very good in those matches.
I still remember Hagi (wasn't he called Maradona from Carpathian mountains?), but also Raducoiu and Dumitrescu in attack.
And Bulgaria with crazy Hristo Stoichkov, but I also remember that bald guy Yordan Letchkov, who apparently lived somewhere close to Chernobyl and lost his hair as a teen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, the wolfman Trifon Ivanov still would have eaten the mbappe kid alive. Did you know he owned a tank?

CatalinR10

I still remember Hagi (wasn't he called Maradona from Carpathian mountains?), but also Raducoiu and Dumitrescu in attack.

Yes brother , a Romania - Brazil match would have been insane and would have meant a lot for us romanians but in the end it wasn't meant to be , that's life and football I guess.

Btw congrats on reaching the semmis , let's hope whoever gets to go to the final , shall win it vs France !!

L3v1s

And Bulgaria with crazy Hristo Stoichkov, but I also remember that bald guy Yordan Letchkov, who apparently lived somewhere close to Chernobyl and lost his hair as a teen.

God, that 1990 World Cup song is probably the best opening of all. I feel like it fits the World Cup in general and not just that tournament. If there's one perfect intro for the World Cup it has to be that one for me.

Also regarding Hagi, it's quite remarkable that he donned the shirt of both rivals. And regarding Popescu, having a foreigner(and especially one from the eastern bloc)as a captain for Barca is mindblowing for me, especially considering Barca's phylosophy.

2TK9Hl.jpg

sjPWSi.jpg

Home of Barca Fans