Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tackle

Top managers make adjustments. Xavi found something that worked and let it degrade into shambolic mess, whilst desperately trying to squeeze out results thinking if he just keeps with it the team will go back to playing well.

The way we play in possession now can only be described as some odd zonal attacking system where each player is isolated on their own islands. Eventually the ball is funnelled to the flanks and predictable crosses are put into the box where the CF is tasked to beat 3 defenders in the air.

akaranzo

In 3 weeks he and the team have undone everything good they built up over the last few months. It was all an illusion it seems. Now watch us sign unnecessary and past-it players in the summer and continue this shitshow for years to come. We're stuck in mediocrity for the next 10 years at least.

fergus90

What i really don't get is why he insists on the frontline being so spaced apart, and then the player central is Auba who's link up play is non-existent anyway surrounded by 3/4 defenders. If an idiot like myself can spot it 2000km away, surely he can on the touchline.

After the Sevilla game, it's been a mess.

JamDav1982

'Obligation to play a certain way'

Has to be the biggest con of a lie yet.

The play nothing like a Barca team should let alone any other top team.

Lack too many of the basics... a fucking basic tactics set up for a start, followed by players that suit the roles and can run/press and move.

For years and years Barca have not had a set up any other top team would play and play players that are shot and likes of Pep/Klopp wouldnt go near.

Xavi is falling into this idea of Barca being different and having players that play in a different way. Busi is clearest example of this. Nowhere near a top player yet I would bet Xavi not only sees him as best DM in world but other players are letting both him and Busi down.

Absolute madness and Barca never learn. Xavi needs to and quick.

JamDav1982

“To motivate yourself for a second place by knowing the history of Bar?a, I understand that it can cost, but you have to do it. If you want to be with the music of the Champions League, you have to live up to the intensity of the teams who are risking their lives''

He is deluded.

Same old quotes about intensity when has Busi as centre piece to the team and plays Alba, Pique and Alves regularly.

mc_lovin

'Obligation to play a certain way'

Has to be the biggest con of a lie yet.

The play nothing like a Barca team should let alone any other top team.

Lack too many of the basics... a fucking basic tactics set up for a start, followed by players that suit the roles and can run/press and move.

For years and years Barca have not had a set up any other top team would play and play players that are shot and likes of Pep/Klopp wouldnt go near.

Xavi is falling into this idea of Barca being different and having players that play in a different way. Busi is clearest example of this. Nowhere near a top player yet I would bet Xavi not only sees him as best DM in world but other players are letting both him and Busi down.

Absolute madness and Barca never learn. Xavi needs to and quick.

I absolutely agree about Busquets, but I don't see what Xavi can do at this point. We have no viable alternative.

JamDav1982

I absolutely agree about Busquets, but I don't see what Xavi can do at this point. We have no viable alternative.

There is alternatives.

Rest him more. Change formation when have FDJ, Gavi, Pedri etc all there for most part.

Plays Busi game after game as central point to midfield regardless.

mc_lovin

There is alternatives.

Rest him more. Change formation when have FDJ, Gavi, Pedri etc all there for most part.

Plays Busi game after game as central point to midfield regardless.

I mean FDJ, Gavi+Pedri sounds like a recipe for disaster at this point in time.

And truth be told, we look well on course for our minimum target of making CL. Busquets mostly works for that, even if it ain't pretty.

Sailor Mars

Agree with this. Pique is at worst the 2nd best CB on this team. At LB, Dest hasn't been any good to replace Alba and Balde isn't close to being starting material. At RB, none of the options have been good.

And regarding CDM, there is no alternative DM on this team. Not an excuse for Xavi, but previous managers have not changed formation/tactics either to move on from Busquets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans