Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

And you still haven't adressed Arteta at Arsenal. Or how Klopp finished third and last place in two UCL group stages in the same seasons he won two Bundesligas in a row for Dortmund.

Even Cruyff got a lot of backlash for some time at Barcelona, he wasn't an instant sucess as a coach. He had plenty of people asking him to be fired at some moments.

You're clinging to a few examples of coaches who turned things around while there's a bunch of poor starters who didn't: the rest.

Besides, there are signs. Some coaches struggle but show good ideas that might lead somewhere. Xavi has none of that going for him.

matbezlima

Lol its not about current short term results against weak teams .. its about forecast and delivering on our ambitions as a team. This guy is toothless tactically and it already bit us twice so far. We lost the Europa last season and now out of the champions league
I think Xavi is not an amazing coach yet, but he is far from terrible either. He is still lerning. Give him time like Arsenal gave to Arteta. Arteta was often criticized even more harshly than Xavi is being by you guys now.

Joan

And you still haven't adressed Arteta at Arsenal. Or how Klopp finished third and last place in two UCL group stages in the same seasons he won two Bundesligas in a row for Dortmund.

Even Cruyff got a lot of backlash for some time at Barcelona, he wasn't an instant sucess as a coach. He had plenty of people asking him to be fired at some moments.

You're clinging to a few examples of coaches who turned things around while there's a bunch of poor starters who didn't: the rest of them. So while it is possible that he's a new Cruyff in the making, the chances are not great.

Besides, there are signs. Some coaches struggle but show good ideas that might lead somewhere. Xavi has none of that going for him.

JamDav1982

Barcelona wasn't bad in the second half. Pedri had a great chance to put Barcelona back into the game. What happened is that Bayern is a team that can sucker-punch anyone, and that-'s what happened. That match was celebrated because Barcelona was on equal footing, and even dominated at some points, Bayern. Which wasn't the case of Barcelona's previous games against Bayern. Sadly, Lewa was too wasteful in front of goal that day.

Bayern is still one of Europe's top teams. They are among the five biggest favorites to win this UCL for me. The biggest favorite is City for me.

As I said... Bayern were in poor form and dropping points to average/poor German teams and they beat Barca 2-0.

See that as some huge victory if you like.

And spare the lessons about history of Bayern.. apply that to Barca as well then.

ajnotkeith

You think that the squad when Arteta took over at Arsenal is comparable to one Xavi has now? Or Klopp at Dortmund?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
as easy as he got lucky with la masia golden generation + pep. he also got unlucky(fucked up) in this tenure.

EL back to back is no coincidence and worst president since gaspar. all facts, lucky or unlucky

It is the end of a cycle, the golden era is long gone, Messi gone, and to make it worse, we are in the worst financial crisis the club has ever seen. Anybody, Laporta, Font or someone else who presides FC Barcelona in this new era will feel the brunt of it.

We are simply not good enough, perhaps EL is our current level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta is not the worst President since Gaspart. The results are not his fault. Still put us in a better position after Bartomeu technically had us bankrupt.

Malvolio is having a complete meltdown.

JohnN

You think with Messi still here we would have played much better and had much better luck in the CL? I don't see it.

One can't dwell on the past too much. Messi was a past chapter. We need to move on and improve and we are not under Xavi, that's the problem.

Well, many here claimed it was Messi's lack of defensive contribution that made us lose. This aged well.

The veterans that dragged us down are almost gone.
So if we are playing even worse and getting 2 seasons in a row demoted to EL without messi why is that?

We have faster, younger, hungrier midfield than what we had with Messi.
We have better defenders than we had.
We have fast wingers we missed back then.
What is the only thing we don't have.
Please don't say coach, because ev, setien, koeman and xavi are about the same level.
If you look deep enough you will spot that what is missing is the short dude with the no.10 that dragged this team way beyond it's capabilities for years.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think Xavi is not an amazing coach yet, but he is far from terrible either. He is still lerning. Give him time like Arsenal gave to Arteta. Arteta was often criticized even more harshly than Xavi is being by you guys now.

So we are Arsenal now? That makes sense since they don't play the CL! Comparing us to a team that has been irrelevant for a decade, hahaha...

And it's just October, at least wait until May to see if Arteta has accomplished anything...

matbezlima

You're clinging to a few examples of coaches who turned things around while there's a bunch of poor starters who didn't: the rest.

This is just not true. I've seen good ideas from Xavi all this time. There are plenty of Barcelona games that showed these ideas, like the one against Bayern in the UCL. Or the 4-2 against Atl?tico. Or the 4-0 against Real Madrid. Or the 4-1 against Napoli. In fact, I saw a tactical improvement and more creativity from the team in comparison with Koeman ever since his first game, even in the 0-0 draw against Benfica.

Tell people to ask if they saw any good signs of Arteta's work when he started terribly the last PL season, including a 5-0 defeat against City with zero fight, 19% of ball possession!

matbezlima

So we are Arsenal now? That makes sense since they don't play the CL! Comparing us to a team that has been irrelevant for a decade, hahaha...

And it's just October, at least wait until May to see if Arteta has accomplished anything...

I'm realistic. Barcelona isn't on a tier above Arsenal at this point.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Let me ask you a question: What exactly are Xavi's tactics?

Result is not everything, yes we were good against Bayern but how many of those league wins were actually due to us playing brilliantly as a team?

kattanib

Laporta is not the worst President since Gaspart. The results are not his fault. Still put us in a better position after Bartomeu technically had us bankrupt.

Malvolio is having a complete meltdown.

Laportas has got us the manager we want, made money magically to get the players the manager asked for, pressured players politically to cut their wages, pressured La Liga to protect Barca and got rid of our cancer aka Messi .. the guy is a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans