Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairzinho

Has to find a way to get Gundogan more involved. He's been invisible for large stretches in games and not as influential as at City.

Gnidrologist

This game actually reminded the shitty back and forth games from late 90s in the bad patch of LvG, albeit with lesser talent in attack. Hoofing the ball to flanks most of the time, because there's literally nothing else coming to his brain. With Figo and Rivaldo it was more effective though, but then again, defense and goalkeeping looked just as disorganized back then as today. No wonder he takes cues from the GOAT smacker.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What? We played bad again but this time only one point won?

Pretty much all poor opponents so far this season and we still managed to look shit for the most part.

khaled_a_d

I wonder if we should revert back to 3223 from last year till Frenkie is back?
Proect our goal and try to snatch 1-0 win. Until FDJ is back and maybe we could get creative to find a new DM in January

ajnotkeith

I wonder if we should revert back to 3223 from last year till Frenkie is back?
Proect our goal and try to snatch 1-0 win. Until FDJ is back and maybe we could get creative to find a new DM in January
Truth is, Xavi is better at defense than attack, a lot better.
He is trying to coach a more attacking style now but we concede too much. I also think he should just go back to the system that worked for now.

BJJ

He doesn't know how to balance attack and defence. We're conceding goals against farmer teams. That's concerning. He doesn't know how to make the best use of his resources.
I'm pretty sure we're going to start dropping points once we come up against the better teams.
The midfield looks a mess without De Jong.

iniestaGOAT

He doesn't know how to balance attack and defence. We're conceding goals against farmer teams. That's concerning. He doesn't know how to make the best use of his resources.
I'm pretty sure we're going to start dropping points once we come up against the better teams.
The midfield looks a mess without De Jong.

Are you smoking ganja or are you smoking crack?
Only reason we conceded was cause of the return of ter statue.

So settle down before xavi spanks you.

Porque

Defence was never going to reach last year's numbers.

Yesterday game was the same as the Celta game, in terms of our performance. Difference is we didn't manage to solve this one.

Alot to work on.

iniestaGOAT

Defence was never going to reach last year's numbers.

Yesterday game was the same as the Celta game, in terms of our performance. Difference is we didn't manage to solve this one.

Alot to work on.

We didn't manage to solve this one because those fuckers played 50mins out of total 90 and gave us 7 mins added time.
Then didn't give us another clear cut penalty made by my man yamal

JohnN

it was not the best day for the team. making stupid mistakes at the back costing two goals out of nowhere, abysmal pitch playing in favour of the opponents farmers, really tough tackles not being booked, hitting the woodwork and ferran of course missing an open goal.

JamDav1982

The defensive shape of team is terrible.

Having a RB that goes into midfield and a LB that is being asked to get up and provide width and then putting a sloth like Romeu at DM is leaving team far too exposed on the break and as a result there is next to no shape at CB or in back four.

It is a free for all with no lines when trying to defend.

Celta could have scored four and Mallorca are a fucking terrible side that could have hit three/four also.

Reactions: BJJ

ajnotkeith

The defensive shape of team is terrible.

Having a RB that goes into midfield and a LB that is being asked to get up and provide width and then putting a sloth like Romeu at DM is leaving team far too exposed on the break and as a result there is next to no shape at CB or in back four.

It is a free for all with no lines when trying to defend.

Celta could have scored four and Mallorca are a fucking terrible side that could have hit three/four also.
True. Theres so much rotation that players are getting confused and just end up playing someone elses position on the break.
2 fullbacks who dont defend because of their instructions then a DM who is like a cone. Basically just left with 2-3 defenders on every break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans