Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Don't have to defend some made up statements. :lol:
Nae made up chief.

All were made..

'Messi and Suarez dont move enough' being given as a reason when Arthur doesnt pass ball forward well enough.

Facts.

Was being used as to why Puigs amazing line breaking passes are not used more also.

serghei

Now, that's not nearly the same as what you put in your quotes is it? :lol:

Besides, don't need any lessons about rating players from a guy that thought Ferran Torres is the real deal.

JamDav1982

Now, that's not nearly the same as what you put in your quotes is it. :lol:

Besides, don't need any lessons about rating players from a guy that thought Ferran Torres is the real deal.

You said it pleny... young players like Arthur being made worse for team built on oldies like Messi..

So yes it is exactly the same as said and second time reason given why you claimed it.

Try again.

I thought Ferran would do a lot better yes.. but I havent been arguing he is top class and being let down by others when not been good enough when on pitch and then I wont in future start making out those players that make it harder for others.. in fact made it easier to win with.

Ferran is levels above likes of Arthur and Puig. Dont worry about that.

Arthur is relevant to your mental gymnastics about Messi and how much shite you speak depending on the 'poor Xavi' narrative.

Simples.

serghei

I thought Ferran would do a lot better yes.. but I havent been arguing he is top class and being let down by others when not been good enough when on pitch and then I wont in future start making out those players that make it harder for others.. in fact made it easier to win with.

You can say it... you were wrong. Don't worry, not one of your limbs is gonna fall off if you admit it. :lol:

JamDav1982

You can say it... you were wrong. Don't worry, not one of your limbs is gonna fall off if you admit it. :lol:

Nope you miss point again....

I literally just said I though Ferran would be better.... but I wont use mental gymastics to contradict myself on why.

Ferran is levels above folk you argued at length and claiming their performances were better than were.. Arthur, Braithwaite, Puig etc.

'Sell FDJ' Xavster!

serghei

Nope you miss point again....

I literally just said I though Ferran would be better.... but I wont use mental gymastics to contradict myself on why.

Ferran is levels above folk you argued at length and claiming their performances were better than were.. Arthur, Braithwait, Puig etc.

:lol: You can be a doctorate case study easily.

JamDav1982

:lol: You can be a doctorate case study easily.

Yes keep this level up.

Suits you.

I insist on it.

Serghie 'Messi and Suarez make team worse and holding back likes of Arthur'..
Serghie when it comes to comparing Barca now to back then.. 'well they had Messi'.

JohnN

The actual argument against ev us that he indeed had a world class team back in 2019 (even with aging stars and issues as all teams) and was the main culprit for the Anfield fiasco. He was living on borrow time after that and with the first misstep he was booted as expected. Criticism against him was fair.

On the Xavi front, of course he doesn't have an equal squad to that one ( contrary to what many thought back then, playing younger players who run a lot means little if their level is miles of your veterans as proven).

what he does have is massively lower competition for the league, free rain to run transfers, a really decent core of young players and all the support a manager could ask for. So, expectations are not to reach sf of CL but to challenge the league, play some decent football and manage some convincing wins against smaller teams.

Iniesta Ultra

There is a high chance that Morata will come, Xavi said ''
"It's true that I wanted to sign him. There was that possibility," he confessed. "I was talking to him and I wanted him in the team, but it couldn't happen.
"He's a forward that I really like. Morata is a great forward. He is a generous footballer, who works a lot for the team, he works a lot. He goes very well into spaces and helps his teams a lot. I really like him a lot. With him and with [Antoine] Griezmann, Atletico has a world-class forward line."

but crazy that he is already 31

Fits Xavi's age model. Disgusting he wants an RM reject, soon to be retiree, to replace a Bayern retiree.

serghei

Good comment that, except Xavi did much more than challenge for the league. He won the whole thing by a big difference vs 2nd placed team, which team happens to be one of the best 3-4 sides in Europe.

ajnotkeith

The actual argument against ev us that he indeed had a world class team back in 2019 (even with aging stars and issues as all teams) and was the main culprit for the Anfield fiasco. He was living on borrow time after that and with the first misstep he was booted as expected. Criticism against him was fair.

On the Xavi front, of course he doesn't have an equal squad to that one ( contrary to what many thought back then, playing younger players who run a lot means little if their level is miles of your veterans as proven).

what he does have is massively lower competition for the league, free rain to run transfers, a really decent core of young players and all the support a manager could ask for. So, expectations are not to reach sf of CL but to challenge the league, play some decent football and manage some convincing wins against smaller teams
Why not SF of CL? That goal is regularly achieved by teams who don't win their league.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

rakitic, vidal, arthur, Coutinho, Busquets

'worldclass team'

Pep's barca would have feared this amazing midfield

serghei

Why not SF of CL? That goal is regularly achieved by teams who don't win their league.

Regularly? What does that mean?

The only teams that achieved semifinals in last 2 seasons in CL are City and Madrid. Both have won La Liga and EPL in recent period, and are favorites to win it this season again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans