Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

There is nothing to learn from the constipated #4. Xavi certainly doesn't. The Maestro is a more rounded goal-scorer than Cesc is, and ever 'll be. Xavi's off-movement, timing of runs, range and technique on the ball has always been top notch. He's touched double figures already once. And Xavi has done so playing in a deeper position.
Im sorry but are you trolling? Xavi gets put to shame in goal scoring by Mr. Cesc. You can pretty up your posts in favor of Xavis "well rounded" goal scoring all you want, but youre definitely not fooling anyone. :lol:

zanela

Im sorry but are you trolling? Xavi gets put to shame in goal scoring by Mr. Cesc. You can pretty up your posts in favor of Xavis "well rounded" goal scoring all you want, but youre definitely not fooling anyone. :lol:

I won't commit the sin of trolling on the Xavi thread.. Cesc plays further forward, and his role in advanced positions will always present him better goal-scoring opportunities. When Xavi was moved up the field a bit(notably 08/09) he got in to double figures. He's quite an underrated goalscorer, in that his off-ball runs, anticipation, technique, shot-making is better than Cesc. Cesc is better header but Xavi is a lot more versatile at finding the net with the ball at his feet.

Maria

Cesc scores more because he has more chances..but he also misses more than Xavi. His chance against Gijon at the end of the first half should have been burried and maybe we wouldn't have gotten ourselves in the situation of playing with 10 people from the 47'..he did the same versus Valencia in La Liga when the score was still 1-1 or 2-1..and in the both games we were lucky that Messi or Iniesta were godly.
Still, nobody is as bad as the Don when it comes of scoring goals..unless it's a WC final or an important match, of course.

M

mitkoa7x

UEFA's team of the year for 2011 by votes cast:

1. Xavi - 262,027
2. Lionel Messi - 259,530
3. Gerard Pique - 235,911
4. Cristiano Ronaldo - 210,017
5. Dani Alves - 200,996
6. Andres Iniesta - 155,685
7. Marcelo - 150,514
8. Thiago Silva - 145,985
9. Iker Casillas - 140,069
10. Gareth Bale - 136,648
11. Arjen Robben - 134,876

:xavi:

:facepalm: faith in humanity lost

Pepe Silvia

Form wise I see Marcelo being ahead of Abidal currently......... currently. Natural CB aside, I'd argue that Mascherano or someone else be ahead of Pique, currently. Bale is awesome, but Di Maria would clearly be my choice. Too bad he is injured. A handful of others in front of Bale as well. Arjen Robben is just :worthy:

Who votes for these btw?

M

mitkoa7x

Form wise I see Marcelo being ahead of Abidal currently......... currently. Natural CB aside, I'd argue that Mascherano or someone else be ahead of Pique, currently. Bale is awesome, but Di Maria would clearly be my choice. Too bad he is injured. A handful of others in front of Bale as well. Arjen Robben is just :worthy:

Who votes for these btw?

tumblr_lgzb4jm3K41qh59n0o1_400.gif

Maria

Same logic applies. Abidal is the choice overall. Thought that went without saying :)

Even if Abi wasn't at his best this season, Marcelo was also on the bench for RM's most important games because Mourinho doesn't trust in his abilities as a defender. He is playing more now only because Di Maria and Coentrao are injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans