Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Early in the season he subbed him is what I meant, flexing his authority. Messi didn't seem to like it either.

In the Copa second leg........ after being 4-1 up after the first leg. We had matches against Valencia and Sevilla lined up so it was a good, sensible decision.

Pepe Silvia

In the Copa second leg........ after being 4-1 up after the first leg. We had matches against Valencia and Sevilla lined up so it was a good, sensible decision.
I agree but it looked to me like Messi was agitated by the substitution and many people noticed it, including media. Messi later came out and said he agreed with the substitution but I didn't buy it, it was something he had to do in public. His actions spoke louder than words in that case. Aside from point of Tata being a coach that tried to come in with authority then later got knocked down behind the scenes by a lot of people including Xavi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I agree but it looked to me like Messi was agitated by the substitution and many people noticed it, including media. Messi later came out and said he agreed with the substitution but I didn't buy it, it was something he had to do in public. His actions spoke louder than words in that case. Aside from point of Tata being a coach that tried to come in with authority then later got knocked down behind the scenes by a lot of people including Xavi.

Wait, you're talking about when he was subbed off? This?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...re-after-being-substituted-for-Barcelona.html

maulingvice

Anyone who thinks Xavi is redundant now should watch this a couple of times. He completely changed the game as soon as he came on. He made the team gel.

Sure, he's no spring chicken. He can't play two games a week any more, which is why it's great to have Rakitic, but if he can play one game every two weeks to keep his match fitness up, there's no one I would pick over him for the big games.

From the pitch he makes better decisions than I can make from a bird's eye view. Every single time.

Fitness may decline; class not easily so. :)

Alarcón

1 player alone can hardly change the game no matter what his name is. Against Napoli Rakitic was the boss and when he went off you thought the others were shit, then against Helsinki when Rakitic came on it seemed like Sergi Roberto was better than him before

It depends most on what the coach tells his players, how they should play etc. Fatigue also plays an important part.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Xavi's decline isn't all on him IMO. In the years after Pep's era, the players' movement on the pitch has decreased slowly, but now it looks like it's coming back, thanks to Lucho. If you take a look at his performance against Nice, it's clear that the players are making more runs and open more spaces for Xavi to exploit. Now that he seems to have accepted a reduced role in the squad, which means he will get more rest, I think he will be back to his best (well, what's left of it at least).

F

Flavia

Xavi, the mushroom collector

It is well known that Xavi is a quiet person and that the image he offers on the field matches his image in real life. This is confirmed when Xavi explains that his great passion, other than football, is collecting mushrooms. It is something very common in Catalonia, as the midfielder explains, and closely linked to tradition and family values.

After an educational explanation about what it is and what it means being a mushroom collector to Xavi, we decided to test his knowledge and expertise when it comes to identifying mushrooms, something essential to be a good collector. Will Xavi come through this test unscathed? If you want to see how good he is at it, press play!

:xavi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans