Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

I dont think so, the priamary objective is top 4. The short term is get to round of 16.

Thats probably all they could ask from him. Forget the trophies etc for now

Lol top 4??!!

Forget it. We have a mediocre squad and we can't even field our best eleven for one frigging game.
I think a Europa league place is a realistic expectation. This club needs to stop dwelling on the past and move into the future.

JamDav1982

The squad is more than good enough for top 4 the issue is the injuries and never getting even close to a settled team.

At some point injuries become too much for any squad and can plan for it at these levels.

The difference in having no forwards with pace was there for all to see between first half and second yesterday.

Also any decent run would propel Barca up the league as there is no real quality in La Liga and teams all take points off one another. Getting close to bone for that happening though.

FC B

Play better and stop getting pushed around by weaker sides. That's all for this season. Fix the midfield, elevate De Jong's performances, and drop Busi. Develop the youngsters we have in midfield. If we make the midfield tick well, the likes of Celta won't be able to assault us like they are some world class team.

He needs to do what he did as a player, albeit not a the top level but at least vs lower-level Spanish sides. Even if the squad is weak and the injury rooms are full atm, we should move the ball better, smarter, and defend with the ball, that's what in theory at least we should know how to do.

Do you really think he'll drop Busquets? :lol:
Did you forgot he told press back in the summer he is the best DM in the world?

JamDav1982

Would not be surprised in slightest if midfield is built for Busquets and he is a starter for next 2 1/2 years under Xavi and he is extended.

ajnotkeith

It already is made clear that Busquets will be integral to Xavis system. He thinks he's one of the best midfielders in the world and they're friends. I would be very surprised if he ever gets dropped at least not for the next year or two.

If he is a good manager and so much better than the terrible toxic Koeman the expectation is top4. If not then he wouldn't have made any difference on Koeman if we don't qualify for CL anyway and we might as well have waited for a better coach.

mc_lovin

It already is made clear that Busquets will be integral to Xavis system. He thinks he's one of the best midfielders in the world and they're friends. I would be very surprised if he ever gets dropped at least not for the next year or two.

If he is a good manager and so much better than the terrible toxic Koeman the expectation is top4. If not then he wouldn't have made any difference on Koeman if we don't qualify for CL anyway and we might as well have waited for a better coach.

Classic negativity. You make a lot of assumptions instead of waiting how things turn out, because Xavi said some nice things in an interview? First step is having a valid alternative for Busquets though irregardless of the coach. Three out of Frenkie, Nico, Gavi and Pedri sounds nice, but the age distribution looks terrible... not to mention two of them are needed to cover for our front line.

Gari

Hit the top four and the Cup. Bar?a has a normal squad, all the last matches were controlled, except for the last half and Celta was lucky. But the team is not trained tactically, cannot run for 90 minutes, has a weak mentality. No team, even a bad one, can miss three goals. she just won't score them. They run in a bunch after the ball. Children. This is corrected by the coach. In order to get higher, you need to strengthen the composition, it should be in the summer.

ajnotkeith

Classic negativity. You make a lot of assumptions instead of waiting how things turn out, because Xavi said some nice things in an interview? First step is having a valid alternative for Busquets though irregardless of the coach. Three out of Frenkie, Nico, Gavi and Pedri sounds nice, but the age distribution looks terrible... not to mention two of them are needed to cover for our front line.

I mean 3 straight managers have not dropped Busi, neither has Lucho, what makes you think Xavi will? He's key to that idea that Xavi appears to subscribe to.

Frenkie Nico and to an extent Pedri (or used to I guess) are midfielders who all like to carry the ball and take people on and take risks. It doesn't seem like a system he would want to use.

JamDav1982

Age doesnt come into it when Busquets is the one most hampered by that.

Cant argue Pedri/Nico and Gavi are too young to play with FDJ at DM as if Busi at DM and those two is better due to his experience.

In few months it could be 24, 20 and 19 as three mids. They are not kids. If they are better three they need to play. With realisation there is no instant success on table and club is building for future.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

There's no denying were obviously going to use a possession system with a ton of passing as it is the only thing he implemented at his only managerial role, especially coming to Barca

iniestaGOAT

Xavi is not going to drop Busi, not immediately anyway. He is probably the only veteran with a brain like xavis who understands and can implement xavis ideas.

It will be a slow process.

JamDav1982

Xavis ideas are not some cryptic vault that only those with 'Barca DNA' can understand.

Pep can go and implement his ideas at other clubs.. Xavi did it in Qatar. All coaches have to do that.

Xavi needs to build best team of players available and cant weaken it with some idea that his style is to high brow for some if means Busi etc are huge weaknesses.

Teams around the world have replicated the best approach of Barca from 2009 and Peps team and adapted it to their players.

The idea that only Busi understands Barca has been one of issues holding back Barcas midfield for years.

mc_lovin

I mean 3 straight managers have not dropped Busi, neither has Lucho, what makes you think Xavi will? He's key to that idea that Xavi appears to subscribe to.

Frenkie Nico and to an extent Pedri (or used to I guess) are midfielders who all like to carry the ball and take people on and take risks. It doesn't seem like a system he would want to use.

I don't, but I wouldn't 'blame' Xavi for that. That's my point. We need a valid alternative first. A teenage midfield is not that, even though I hope we can build up Nico short term and use Busquets in the Xavi 2015 role next season.

But generally it's tiring to tear apart every player of our team individually when we can't put a functioning team out there first. We ended the game with Abde and Balde on the wings ffs.

Just for context we played good football with Busquets in the first half when the team as a whole was on a first division level.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't, but I wouldn't 'blame' Xavi for that. That's my point. We need a valid alternative first. A teenage midfield is not that, even though I hope we can build up Nico short term and use Busquets in the Xavi 2015 role next season.

But generally it's tiring to tear apart every player of our team individually when we can't put a functioning team out there first. We ended the game with Abde and Balde on the wings ffs.

It is not a teenage midfield and as said the one impacted by age more than others is Busi anyway.

Pedri/FDJ/Busi vs Pedri/FDJ/Nico is choice of a player that cant run and has been a massive liability every game vs soon to be 20 Nico who can start looking to build a future midfield with.

The age argument doesnt add up for me. It is an argument against Busquets if anything.

Busi as a sole DM is an absolute disaster and has been for years now in biggest games and now in average ones also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans