Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi: "The style was lost completely. Some players don?t understand automatisms that I did when I was 11 years old. Everything is more difficult when no one ever worked on that with them."

Lol

Explains why we couldn't build any "system". Players looked clueless and are clueless.

Messigician

Xavi speaks

Annihilates La Masia

Xavi: "I?m amazed at the amount of tactical aspects this team has lost over the last 6 years."

Xavi: "I don?t know who?s fault it is, or what exactly happened. I haven?t been here. But that?s why it?s been so hard for us to start."

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi speaks

Annihilates La Masia

Xavi: "I?m amazed at the amount of tactical aspects this team has lost over the last 6 years."

Xavi: "I don?t know who?s fault it is, or what exactly happened. I haven?t been here. But that?s why it?s been so hard for us to start."

I hope this means some change in LaMAsia.

MTL_Barca

So what? Problem is with La Masia?

Seems more like general criticism of the technical skills and football IQ/understanding of the style he wants to play.

I guess it's true, but then again i don't like coaches calling out their players like this and in this particular case there are veteran la masia players who don't play any better as well.

Horatio

You're welcome
Seems more like general criticism of the technical skills and football IQ/understanding of the style he wants to play.

I guess it's true, but then again i don't like coaches calling out their players like this and in this particular case there are veteran la masia players who don't play any better as well.

My point is that what he said can't be seen as criticism towards Luis Enrique, Valverde, Setien, Koeman so much. Most of the players he has at his disposal have went through La Masia. So it seems there is something fundamentally wrong there if what he says is true.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Feel free to make it clearer. Not getting desperate at all. Always said it will be a medium-long rebuild since we wasted a lot of time. The signs were clear we needed a rebuild since circa 2016 btw. We wasted nearly 6 years since then pretending it's all fake and everything is fine, we just happened the get hammered every year in CL by 3-4 goal margin.

Since 2017 every team worth it's salt beat us in the key game by 3 goal margin or more. 3-0, 4-0, 8-2, 4-1. What more signs do you need? This year is the first we won't be hammered in CL because we didn't make it past groups.

It's all steady, predictable decline.

Step 1. Getting hammered by a hard working team. 2016 Atletico.

Step 2. Getting beat by pushovers Roma. 3-0, under EV.

Step 3. Getting beat by injury ridden Liverpool. 4-0.

Step 4. Getting beat by Bayern, pulverized.

Step 5. Not making it past group stages.

This is all very predictable. Failing to be active until the worst case scenario happens. This is the difference between Madrid and Barca. Why Madrid have 13 CLs and Barca only 5. Madrid take 2 years of crap loser attitude happening. Barca take 6+, and they still, after all this time, try to undersell the damage and pretend things are better than they seem.

This is still not my point.

ajnotkeith

Xavi is just talking shit, and this further affirms that he is the opposite to the type of coach needed for a rebuild.

Now you can see why he puts so much blind faith in the veterans. He believes that they know 'tactical aspects', and the young ones don't, when the veterans have been the worst players...

mc_lovin

Xavi is just talking shit, and this further affirms that he is the opposite to the type of coach needed for a rebuild.

Now you can see why he puts so much blind faith in the veterans. He believes that they know 'tactical aspects', and the young ones don't, when the veterans have been the worst players...

I am afraid I sound like a broken record, but which young ones? Xavi plays the squad at capacity, even introduced Abde and Jutgla. What else should he do? He even mentioned that the young players are making all the difference.

He didn't differentiate between young and old when talking about tactical aspects either, that's something you project into his quote. He said in the past 6 years certain tactical aspects were lost, so how exactly is that aimed at the youth?

BBZ8800

I think that Xavi says something along the lines: during Pep our players/team had let's say 10 tactical tricks/aspects which made them successful.
Today we have only 3 out of those aspects.

So, something similar to Arthur vs player Xavi.
Our players have some skills which resemble successful days but in general lack other key skills and thus they are weak copies of those times.

So, not only that our players and a club lack in a physical and psychological department compared to City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real but they also lack in the only thing left: tactical-technical aspect.

Rory

Petition to get a bot that replies with the word Coutinho whenever bbz mentions Arthur who cost us 100m less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans