Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

A bit of trolling aside, anyone who seriously thinks Barca's top level can beat RM's top level in their upcoming 3 Clasicos is a bit misguided. We're close but they literally have lads who ball out on stages like Anfield :lol: While our big names like Lewa and Kounde can't even handle OT Europa...

The SuperCup was nice but it was also during a period in which RM tend to hibernate. Destroying them in March - June is a different proposition that traditionally has only been achieved by our great teams.

I remember Real player saying the real games start in February. Their best form is coming..

ajnotkeith

Busi also didn't play first game and Pedri got injured early. And then Xavi furtherly fecked up starting Alba and Alonso but yeah, that's on him.

Not really my point though. All I'm saying is our best first XI could compete with any team but we're much worse when one of them is missing let alone more of them.

We've improved since last year but it's still a work in progress. Winning domestic title(s) is first step in right direction imo. We never won in Europe when we weren't the best team in Spain. We can't win "lucky" CL titles like Chelsea when they finish 5th in the league. Stay patient and continue to build depth of the team as much as we can with La Liga restrictions. I believe we'll see a much better Barca in Europe next year as well.

To be honest, players like Kessie and Raphinha for backups are probably the best you can possibly find. If you're expecting better than them it probably won't come because top class players don't arrive to be backups.

A team like United has backups such as Weghorst, McTominay, Garnacho. There will always be a dropoff from best 11 to backups and all teams deal with that.

Raketa10

We would have to be dumb idiots to fire Xavi right now. He has 8 points advantage in La Liga and we lost with 1 goal difference against a very good team in Europa League. Furthermore, we conceded only 7 goals in La Liga so far. In addition to that we had some serious issues with our main players. In CL we were playing without our entire defense and yesterday we faced strong MUN without arguably our 3 best players (Demebele, Gavi and Pedri). Some people here need to grow up.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

We would have to be dumb idiots to fire Xavi right now. He has 8 points advantage in La Liga and he lost with 1 goal difference against a very good team in Europa League. Some people here need to grow up.

Especially Finbarcelona

Looks like he trembles in fear hearing the words Real Madrid then proceeds to accuse the players of being shook

SMH

iniestaGOAT

EV has the best winning record since Pep against us.

He might have the best winning record against you since pep,

but who who has a losing record against you since pep?

We are RMs daddy. You can flex in europe all you want, but vs barca you will be humbled and put in your place real quick

wisconsincule

We would have to be dumb idiots to fire Xavi right now. He has 8 points advantage in La Liga and we lost with 1 goal difference against a very good team in Europa League. Furthermore, we conceded only 7 goals in La Liga so far. In addition to that we had some serious issues with our main players. In CL we were playing without our entire defense and yesterday we faced strong MUN without arguably our 3 best players (Demebele, Gavi and Pedri). Some people here need to grow up.

Exactly. I don’t know what people expect.

It’s an absolute failure that we didn’t beat a top 5 team in the world starting our 5th and 6th string midfielders. :lol:

Morten

He might have the best winning record against you since pep,

but who who has a losing record against you since pep?

We are RMs daddy. You can flex in europe all you want, but vs barca you will be humbled and put in your place real quick

Koeman, next question?

You immediately went from literally being unable to lose against us under EV, to being unable to win any game for the next 2 seasons or so, you think thats just a coincidence?

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

I don't think what happened in the last year is that relevant. The listed results are bad, but it's perfectly normal to lose to teams like Bayern considering we are rebuilding and our core is very young and inexperienced.

Only clear cut losses there are to Bayern, Benfica, and PSG. Rest of the matches were close.

I prefer to focus on the bright side. Winning the title just one year into the new project with Xavi against this Madrid is excellent, and above expectations. And a sign that the team is developing at a fast rate.

Last edited:

Devils

There needs to be emphasis on just how terrible La Liga is though.

Teams like Wolves or Leicester who are fighting relegation in PL would make top 10 in La Liga. It's just a testament to how terrible La Liga is these days.

I don't view Xavi's achievements in La Liga to be anything special. All he is doing is beating terrible opposition more consistently than Real Madrid have been doing. Some people will applaud this but in reality it's nothing special.

And it's not like it's some sort of great achievement given how much money he spent over the summer.

This guy gets schooled in Europe every time. He looks like an amateur out there because that's what he is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a Pirlo or Steven Gerrard level manager. He's nowhere near what Barca need.

Raketa10

I agree that Xavi is not Pep. However, 35y old Leva is not prime Suarez, Demebele is not Messi and Raphinha is not Neymar. People seriously need to lower their expectations right now. We have a very good squad but this squad is still far from perfect. Our midfield is too young, we don't have a proper RB. Our only LW (Fati) is horrible and Lewa is 35y old player. IMHO Xavi is doing a very good job right now. In contrast, I can agree that we made some horrible decisions with signings but so did others. This is all fixable in the long run. We can sell both Raphinha and Torres this summer if needed. Furthermore, we signed Kessie for 0 and he for sure has some value on the market. With all that in mind, I am sure that we will be much better in CL next season.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Teams like Wolves or Leicester who are fighting relegation in PL would make top 10 in La Liga. It's just a testament to how terrible La Liga is these days.

I don't view Xavi's achievements in La Liga to be anything special. All he is doing is beating terrible opposition more consistently than Real Madrid have been doing. Some people will applaud this but in reality it's nothing special.

And it's not like it's some sort of great achievement given how much money he spent over the summer.

This guy gets schooled in Europe every time. He looks like an amateur out there because that's what he is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a Pirlo or Steven Gerrard level manager. He's nowhere near what Barca need.

There is 0 proof teams lke wolves and lieicester would make top 10 in la liga,

I would believe that if mid table liverpool did damage vs RM, instead they got hammered, consdering RM get schooled by La liga midtable teams on regular basis

serghei

La Liga it's not terrible. Just having Madrid in it makes it 2nd best in Europe easily. if La Liga is shit, then all other competitions except for CL and Premier League should be disbanded altogether.

La Liga is so terrible that Villareal knocked out Bayern last year in CL, and a year before beat United in EL final.

Let me know when there's some Leipzig and some Lille that knocks out Madrid from CL.

Last edited:

Devils

There is 0 proof teams lke wolves and lieicester would make top 10 in la liga,

I would believe that if mid table liverpool did damage vs RM, instead they got hammered, consdering RM get schooled by La liga midtable teams on regular basis

They are better than the likes of Rayo, Mallorca or Athletic Bilbao who are in the top 10 of La Liga.

Real Madrid is not an accurate measuring stick. Real Madrid always step up in the CL. They've dominated that competition of over recent history even in campaigns where most people wouldn't event consider them as a favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans