Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

It is a great accomplishment for a team in rebuild to win La Liga against current La Liga and CL holders, no doubt. If you aknowledge that, and give credit where it's due, then we can reach a common ground and also look at the aspects of this season that could have been handled better. And also, more importantly, look at next summer to improve our team in the required areas.

serghei

Azpilicueta, another low money signing for near free. These signings are a result of our financial problems, nothing more.

Can't believe I have to tell you this, but top players don't come for free. We already have quite some players on this team we got lucky with. Can't build almost a full team like that.

Our back 4 is Kounde, Araujo, Christense, Balde. 3 of those players were almost free, or youth players that we developed ourselves.

Garcia, Alonso, cheapo signings.

Don't you think you expect too fucking much?

You want me to take a look at Bayern's defensive options, and how much they paid for them?

Last edited:

serghei

Upamecano - 42.5
Pavard - 35
De Ligt - 77
Lucas Hernandez - 80

What the fuck are you on about?

Bayern paid around 200m+ only on defenders.

We paid 50m on Kounde and the rest are either young players we try to develop or free signings. The difference is enormous.

I'm sure Xavi would like us to spend another 120m and sign 2 defenders. Not fucking possible because we have enherited a terrible legacy from Lord Bartomeu. That is what we're dealing with when we try to compete with likes of Bayern in Europe.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Upamecano - 42.5
Pavard - 35
De Ligt - 77
Lucas Hernandez - 80

We paid 50m on Kounde and the rest are either young players we try to develop or free signings. The difference is enormous.

I'm sure Xavi would like us to spend another 120m and sign 2 defenders. Not fucking possible because we have enherited a terrible legacy from Lord Bartomeu. That is what we're dealing with when we try to compete with likes of Bayern in Europe.

Bayern's net spend per year pretty much never surpasses 60 or 70m and is frequently close to zero. They don't spend that much, they aren't a great example if you want to talk about big financial giants who we can't compete against.

A lot of their players were very cheap too.

Barcilliant

For the love of God I just hope we don't get Messi back. We have to get rid of this simping, sentimental mentality if we are going to move forward.
We need to get rid of Xavi too but that probably won't happen until we crash out of Cl group stage for the the third season running.

ajnotkeith

For the love of God I just hope we don't get Messi back. We have to get rid of this simping, sentimental mentality if we are going to move forward.
We need to get rid of Xavi too but that probably won't happen until we crash out of Cl group stage for the the third season running.

Being completely fair, Xavi deserves another season to show the culmination of his project after winning LaLiga.

There is big question marks over knockout games and if our title this year was very lucky or not etc but winning a league title in this fashion is a great achievement and he should get a chance to show he can repeat it.

If we get grouped again or something next season then he will probably be out anyway.

Let's see if the team continues to grow and maybe he can build on that and get over the European hump he has.

iniestaGOAT

It's as easy to debunk the Xavi apologists claims as it is to claim that the sun rises every morning.
Yet they will continue the same script like some computer virus

The only thing I partly disagree is that it's all on Xavi for the embarrassment yesterday.
It's certainly up to him as a coach to inspire courage into his players, but it is also on the individual mentality and mindset of all the snowflakes we have gathered.

Imagine Messi back next season? Dreary me. More humiliations coming

This brother hasn't debunked anything lmfaoo

Except went on to say Brighton would beat Barcelona

iniestaGOAT

Europe is the only thing that matters to a majority of the fan base.

I share the same opinion as you though. Winning La Liga is a great accomplishment that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

This is not true at all. Europe is the only thing that matters to some of the agenda driven posters here, not in the real world

Winning la Liga is being taken for granted because we pretty much h won it with 10 games or so left to go

Would have been a different story if we won it with 1-2 games left to go.

iniestaGOAT

:lol: forgot about this one, yikes

1-2 game week had already passed before we could even register kounde

And brother thinks we could have signed a proper RB and get him to put on a jersey and told him to go play

These video game inspired posters are out of control here

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I think this forum needs a massive reality check personally. Absolutely terrible attitude, so much self entitledness it's appalling. We can win a big title so early in our rebuild and all we get is shitty arguments like Madrid are shit so it's not really a big feat to win a La Liga in basically Xavi's first complete season.

Absolutely disgusting. On top of everything, and what make it ever worse, is our manager is one of the biggest cules of all time.

I am a critical person myself, but critique with logic ffs. Not using silly made-up arguments.

These are basic facts, squad is super thin and subpar, Madrid are one of the top 3 in Europe, we have massive financial issues impeding our rebuild. These are all basic objective facts proven by everything we see around us.

Still, during all this season we barely had our main 11 fit to play in top game. Bayern away and that's about it.

Oh serghei as usual you ignore the point and constantly use strawman arguments. Nothing new from your usual mental gymnastics.
Other than your hilariously cute self righteous post you've addressed fuck all points made. Youve only based your points on your own personal feelings.

Xavi being a cule and club legend should have absolutely no bearing on us fucking judging his performances as a manager. this is why you go full retard protecting him from any valid criticism.
Its pretty clear to me that you are very illogical when it comes to xavi if anything.

You know what's hampering our rebuild? xavi's transfer business.

sergehi: cant criticize xavi because he's on track to win a dead league - and please only apply context (in an out of context manner) ignoring anything negative.

You don't apply logic and context. He was a low money signing, for a low salary. He does the job expected of such a signing. Not his fault he has to perform a bigger role thanks to the squad being crap.

If the club didn't have big financial problems he could have looked for more expensive, better options. Alas... the situation was different.

For a 4th CB option he's not that bad. Not his fault Araujo has to play RB for example because we have no RB. We have a solid RB, and Araujo - Kounde start at CB, and he's a bench option even if Christensen gets injured.

As I said, unreasonable expectations are the norm. Sell the club to some oil state or some billionaire who needs new ways of spending his wealth and you get your wish.

Ah Yes serghei again with his Logic and context.
context: our squad is so bad that spurs united and every single other team has a better squad than us. he really is working miracles on a shoestring budget.

Upamecano - 42.5
Pavard - 35
De Ligt - 77
Lucas Hernandez - 80

What does bayern buying multiple players over multiple years mean exactly? that doesn't prove anything. The amount you pay for a player isn't necessarily indicative of the quality of said player, dont conflate the two. Also us choosing not to spend money on our defence doesn't validate the point you tried to prove lol...

Since you seem to think spending money is the key indicator of quality breakdown done for fun below.

Bayern:

19/20
Pavard - 35
Lucas Hernandez - 80

21/22
Upamecano - 42.5

22/23
De Ligt - 67

all up : 224m

Barca:
19/20
Giezman:120m +15m
FDJ: 86m

21/22
torres: 60m

22/23
Raphina:58m
kounde:50m
lewy:45m

so we could somewhat compete financially over those same years we just wasted the money.
Lucky we dont even go further back because we absolutely dwarf bayern.

Net transfers
Year - Bayern - barca
19/20 - 139m - 298m
20/21 - 66m - 112m
21/22 - 57m - 69.5m
22/23 - 145m - 158m
total - 407m - 637m

even in the most fucked years we spent more or at least as much as them.
so we should be ~230m better than bayern. lol

Barcilliant

This is not true at all. Europe is the only thing that matters to some of the agenda driven posters here, not in the real world

Winning la Liga is being taken for granted because we pretty much h won it with 10 games or so left to go

Would have been a different story if we won it with 1-2 games left to go.
Europe matters. It matters more than a league title because there is more prestige and respect given to European titles.
For example Man Utd were dominating England in Fergies earlier years but getting beaten by lesser names in Europe and noone gave Utd much respect. Utd started getting respect when they started competing and winning in Europe.
La Liga is significantly weaker than it used to be. Funny how people are trying to paint this as some significant step in the road to recovery. If If you approach 10 average football fans 10 of them would say Madrid are the bigger, better club. If you ask why most will say the Cl they have won.

iniestaGOAT

Europe matters. It matters more than a league title because there is more prestige and respect given to European titles.
For example Man Utd were dominating England in Fergies earlier years but getting beaten by lesser names in Europe and noone gave Utd much respect. Utd started getting respect when they started competing and winning in Europe.
La Liga is significantly weaker than it used to be. Funny how people are trying to paint this as some significant step in the road to recovery. If If you approach 10 average football fans 10 of them would say Madrid are the bigger, better club. If you ask why most will say the Cl they have won.

Nobody is saying Europe does not matter. It is not the only thing that matters. And it def does not matter at this stage of the teams development.

Lol stop making shit up. If you ask fans in England they would rather win the EPL title than the UCL.

United and Ferguson were always respected. It was Liverpool who was a meme despite winning the UCL few times cause they failed to win the league until Klopp arrived.

LA LIGA IS SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKER. BUT SO ARE WE. WE ARE NOT MUCH BETTER THAN THESE LA LIGA TEAMS.

THE INVESTMENT WE MADE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT WE NEED.

YOU DONT KNOW BALL. YOU NEED TO LEARN, OR YOU CAN JUST WAIT FOR ME TO SCHOOL YOU.

iniestaGOAT

Also, Madrid is seen as a bigger team because they have more CLs, but they have more La ligas too.

Once they lose the La liga lead they have over us, their claim to be the biggest team in the world will be WEAKKKK.

IF YOU CALL LIVERPOOL A BIGGER CLUB THAN MANCHESTER UNITED, PEOPLE WILL LAUGH AT YOU.

ENOUGGH SAID.

Barcilliant

Also, Madrid is seen as a bigger team because they have more CLs, but they have more La ligas too.

Once they lose the La liga lead they have over us, their claim to be the biggest team in the world will be WEAKKKK.

IF YOU CALL LIVERPOOL A BIGGER CLUB THAN MANCHESTER UNITED, PEOPLE WILL LAUGH AT YOU.

ENOUGGH SAID.

Utd have 20 league titles, Liverpool 19. Utd have 3 cl, Liverpool have 6. Liverpool are the bigger club. Utd are overhyped due to their marketing. No-one gives a flying fuck about Utd. Their fan base is mostly in South east Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans