Yaya Toure

gazza

Both Yaya and Busquets could play in CM instead of DM. We could also play Iniesta on left and right wing and Yaya on CB in some games. Mascherano would just give us many more options and we need more deepth to our squad.

I've noticed quite a few people keep saying yeah... but we could play Iniesta on the left why ?. I much prefer him alongside Xavi he is far more creative there and we have a great player in Henry playing on the left .

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Pep says Yaya is going to play AM in the Gamper match to give Xavi some rest.

Speaking at a press conference, Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola has said that he could change the position of Barcelona defensive midfielder Yaya Touré (26):

"I have the feeling he can play as attacking midfielder. He's very strong, he can deal with a lack of space, he can be dangerous from outside the area and when he goes forward, he does it with a lot of power.

I would like to see him playing more in that position. Maybe I will put him there in the Gamper game on Wednesday. I'm sure he would do well. That way, we could give Xavi some rest."

FiReFTW

Pep says Yaya is going to play AM in the Gamper match to give Xavi some rest.

Speaking at a press conference, Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola has said that he could change the position of Barcelona defensive midfielder Yaya Touré (26):

"I have the feeling he can play as attacking midfielder. He's very strong, he can deal with a lack of space, he can be dangerous from outside the area and when he goes forward, he does it with a lot of power.

I would like to see him playing more in that position. Maybe I will put him there in the Gamper game on Wednesday. I'm sure he would do well. That way, we could give Xavi some rest."

But who will our defensive midfield be then? Yaya is immense there , nobody can replace him on that position.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yayayayayayayayayayayayaya!!!! The man's a machine, a machine I tell ya. He's also the holder of the "most underrated player" title since everybody started rating Don Andrés.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Now we know why pep wanted Masc so badly. Yaya will be Xavi's cover. We can also assume safely that we will no longer buy any more midfielders. He can pass, he can dribble, and he can defintily shoot, so why not.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Now we know why pep wanted Masc so badly. Yaya will be Xavi's cover. We can also assume safely that we will no longer buy any more midfielders. He can pass, he can dribble, and he can defintily shoot, so why not.

Precisely. Even Alves can play MF in the situation really gets out of hand, placing Puyol in RB, and Abidal in CB partnering Pique, with Maxwell on RB.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

I've said it before, yaya is too laid back for pep's liking at DM.

I'm sure he'd have liked to use badger and busquets as our DM's and then yaya further forward.

of course while he wanted badger, laporta wants cesc, which would keep yaya as DM.

he can do that, of course, but it's not what pep wants I don't think.

also this confirms that pep is desperate to rest xavi as much as he can.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Indeed. I dont think anyone has played as much as he did in the past 2 years. Add another season and another major tournament in the summer and it will be 3 consecutive years without proper rest. Are you watching Dinho?

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I think Pep should use Toure and Busquets as the DMs because when Xavi is playing Toure is obviously going to be DM but when Xavi isn't then Toure will be AM with Busquets DM. The ACON is in January which is whenthe transfer window opens we could sign someone then.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
In my opinion, that is a sordid claim Meta. Can you please back that up with some quotes?

at the start of last season it was well-known that pep wanted yaya to be more aggressive in the tackle (which is why busquets, the unknown kid, was getting games ahead of him). I'm sure there are quotes somewhere and if you want them you can do the googling yourself.

Home of Barca Fans