23 - Jules Kounde

Andresito

Staff member
I have a feeling Xavi will put Araujo on the left again as he does against Vinicius. I also think Araujo is way better in 1on1s and I trust him more to stop Mbappe.
I don't like that at all as it changes too much tactically. Kounde has actually been good in offense as RB, we'd lose that with Araujo. Kounde is also good under pressure at RB and much better on the ball at RB compared to CB.

Besides, Mbappe will move in central just like Vini did. Araujo will have his hands full at RCB as well.

Loki

I don't like that at all as it changes too much tactically. Kounde has actually been good in offense as RB, we'd lose that with Araujo. Kounde is also good under pressure at RB and much better on the ball at RB compared to CB.

Besides, Mbappe will move in central just like Vini did. Araujo will have his hands full at RCB as well.
I don't think having a more defensive right side is bad in this game.
I rather have Cancelo as an offensive LB than Kounde and I don't think Xavi will play with 2 offensive fullbacks. It would be suicide. Hakimi also has his strengths in the offensive than in the defense, so it would be good to pressure and overload his side, while Yamal is skilled enough to penetrate their lines even without a fullback as backup.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think having a more defensive right side is bad in this game.
I rather have Cancelo as an offensive LB than Kounde and I don't think Xavi will play with 2 offensive fullbacks. It would be suicide. Hakimi also has his strengths in the offensive than in the defense, so it would be good to pressure and overload his side, while Yamal is skilled enough to penetrate their lines even without a fullback as backup.
Yeah it won't be Alves and Alba bombing up, but it's good to have the option of advancing from the right side, especially if Mbappe doesn't track back.

Christensen will permanently shield the defence at DM and Cancelo can hold his horses in case Kounde moves up. Think it'll allow for bigger fluidity and of course keep building on Kounde's good performances at RB as well as the connection between Araujo and Cubarsi.

As you can tell I don't like changing things up for the sake of being unpredictable, especially in defence. CBs need good understanding of each other and playing a new pairing of Cubarsi and Kounde in a CL QF against PSG is a big mistake imo.

Porque

Another W for me, I keep stacking em up against the forums "jabronis"

Xavi still wants Foyth.

Said Kounde was best RB in LaLiga and it's just been about Kounde having to accept reality.

Probably gotta thank a 17 year old Cubarsi breaking through to cash that check.

jamrock

And I've seen this before, he's he just as good as CB, if given games, but with curbarsi coming through that's kinda out the window.

Unless the next coach, wants to go a bit slower with curbarsi next season.

Great signing! Like I've been saying since day 1.

Richard.H

Could make argument he was MOTM, absolutely brilliant in shutting down a lot of attacks and also pushing forward. Let's hope he keeps it up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He need to accept that he's a RB full-time now.
Better to be a starter as RB for Barcelona and France than play CB for Chelsea or something and be warming the bench for his national team.

Home of Barca Fans