Copa del Rey: SD Huesca - FC Barcelona 0-4

F

Flavia

WTf is douglass doing in my club. How far have we fallen, to have a :shit: like this among our players.

frog-fcb

So awesome seeing just how classy the don is tonight he was far from his best but he just strolled around running the match bartra was also pretty solid the night

i_bleed_blaugrana

We need to develop Samper into the first team next season. It looked too easy for him out there and he's only 19. I can only imagine how the Huesca players felt, having a bunch of kids knock the ball around you for 90 minutes just for Iniesta and Rakitic to just blow you out of the water. The Don looked great, good to see him back and hopefully he can find some real rhythm with the trio in front of him.

But seriously, who needs Kroos or Gundogan when you got Samper? The kid is nothing but $$, all he really needs to improve on is offensive production and that comes with time. Rafinha didn't look terrible either.

Douglas tho lollololollolol he can't even make a basic switch pass...:lucho2:

Kohe321

We need to develop Samper into the first team next season. It looked too easy for him out there and he's only 19. I can only imagine how the Huesca players felt, having a bunch of kids knock the ball around you for 90 minutes just for Iniesta and Rakitic to just blow you out of the water. The Don looked great, good to see him back and hopefully he can find some real rhythm with the trio in front of him.

But seriously, who needs Kroos or Gundogan when you got Samper? The kid is nothing but $$, all he really needs to improve on is offensive production and that comes with time. Rafinha didn't look terrible either.

Douglas tho lollololollolol he can't even make a basic switch pass...:lucho2:

Yeah completely agree, Samper is pure class, really excited to see him play this well. A promotion to the first team next summer would be perfect :)

SeloBarca

Samper will be a Busi type of player with a little bit better offensive qualities, nothing more. Hes not a distributor like Gundogan or Kroos. Hes not as fast of small spaces and doesnt turn as fast, hes more physical.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Samper will be a Busi type of player with a little bit better offensive qualities, nothing more. Hes not a distributor like Gundogan or Kroos. Hes not as fast of small spaces and doesnt turn as fast, hes more physical.

I think Samper could be a good DM pivot but he lacks the physicality to assert himself in that role at the world-class level, and that is just due to his make up. However, I think he could be world class in Xavi's role because of his passing range and pushing him forward will benefit his game in the long run. In other words, he shouldn't be competing with Busquets or Mascherano, he should be competing against Rafinha and Rakitic. Not sure why you say he's no distributor though. Kroos isn't lighting fast at all, he just keeps it simple, is always in a good attacking position following the play from behind and has perfect technique. Samper possesses the same skill set of a player like Kroos, now granted he doesn't have a boot like him, yet, but again, he is like 19 haha. With a solid transition into the first team, by the time he is 23-24, he'd be everything you want from a player to take over for Xavi.

The article comparing him to Guardiola is intriguing however and him developing into a Pirlo like DM would certainly open up some tactical variation for us in the future but like I said, I see him fitting into the first team better in one of the more attacking roles. He would complement either Xavi or Iniesta. With Iniesta, he has the freedom to roam the attacking third and with Xavi, they can dominate possession and control a game for days, especially with Busquets behind them.

Forgot to give a shout out to Bartra as well, aside from a lackadaisical clearance back into the box that gave Huesca a chance, dude was rock solid. Still in my opinion Barca's best CB.

Last edited:

Barcadub

Huesca played really really well. Caused unbelievable problems for out defense at times.

Job done. Even more fringe players to play in the second leg.

Neimax

Samper is awesome. I also think that he could be a beast in Xavi's position. I think a midfiled of Samper-Busquets-Rafinha could be our future. Now it's important to give Rafinha enough playing time and to promote Samper next summer to our first team. They have to develope them carefully, but I think this midfield trio could do awesome things.

Home of Barca Fans