Erling Haaland

JamDav1982

If I am Mbappe and Real ae willing to give signing on fees of close to 100m and a fee of 75m for Haaland I am asking Real for 150m signing on fee and aint no mistaking.

Barca should offer Mbappe 150m to sign just to throw cat amongst the pigeons.. assuming not done deal already.

Messi983

Smartest move would be City. Go there while they're still relevant at the top with Pep at the helm. Then in 3-4 years go to Spain when Madrid and especially Barca have improved.

Only logical move. Maximize the amount of trophies and the salary.

This is exactly how I would think in his place (clearly without knowing financial offers of interested clubs). Sign for City now then come to Barca in 2025 to play at the renovated Camp Nou or go to Madrid when Benz will leave/retire. He would clearly be a second fiddle to Mbappe who should fully establish himself as a new leader of RM until then though. Don't know if he'd be happy with that but uncle Flo managed to sign stars like Zidane, Figo and Beckham so can probably easy convince Mbappe and Haaland they can coexist.

With how City is working I also think in 3-4 years they would be prepared to sell him if he would want to leave regardless of how important he would be for them. Of course they would try to convince him to renew and throw more money at him but if he'd be set on leaving don't think they would keep him in "golden prison" like PSG. As long as Barca/RM would pay 150m or something I think they would sell with a year or two left on contract. Could see Raiola even including a buy out clause after 3 seasons to keep options open either to leave or have more leverage when negotiating a renovation with City.

If he's really more about the sporting project than money then I think we might still have chances to sign him now too. If you look at coaches then you can easily see Xavi staying here for much longer than Ancelotti in Madrid or even Pep at City. There were already strong rumours he will leave when current contract expires next year then who knows who they will get after him.

Either way, whichever club Haaland will sign for this summer I don't see him staying there for more than 4-5 years. I'm sure he'll play in both EPL and La Liga in his career and then maybe even move to Serie A and/or PSG (if they'll still be relevant :lol:) in his early thirties.

Messi983

[@gerardromero��] | Laporta is on vacation in Marbella, and by chance Haaland's father is there too.

:boss:

JamDav1982

All building up to the 'we tried as hard as could but couldnt afford the astronomical sums team Haaland wanted' or even further with 'Haaland wanted to come but club could not afford to match other offers'.

While in reality were rejected by Haaland.

Andresito

Staff member
All building up to the 'we tried as hard as could but couldnt afford the astronomical sums team Haaland wanted' or even further with 'Haaland wanted to come but club could not afford to match other offers'.

While in reality were rejected by Haaland.

Do you think Barca offered matching offers compared to Madrid and City but Haaland said no?

Could well be that Barca rejected Haaland. He told them his demands but club said no thanks, not worth it.

Can flip it both ways.

JamDav1982

Do you think Barca offered matching offers compared to Madrid and City but Haaland said no?

Could well be that Barca rejected Haaland. He told them his demands but club said no thanks, not worth it.

Can flip it both ways.

I dont think Haaland has any intention of signing for Barca and they will use money as reason when not the case.

Which I think any club that misses out on him will use as reason also.

serghei

300 million package for Haaland is ridiculous even if there was unlimited funds.

I'm probably wrong, but to me the more time it passes the more doubt I have about Haaland. Has he had a single super high profile match where he dominated a world-class team? I mean a Lewa vs Madrid 2013 type of moment?

Looks to me like another one of those mega-expensive bets that can go bad.

No high-profile advanced stages CL match, no World Cup, only Bundesliga, and CL groups, and we all know how Bayern owns Bundesliga and every other team is just happy to be perennial 2nd.

Last edited:

serghei

Haaland was hot stuff about 1.5 years ago, but the injuries since then, Dortmund being crap with or without him... his stock is getting cold if you ask me. No World Cup, Dortmund bounced even from Europa League... miles off from Lewandowski type where he was the best player in a CL finalist under Klopp.

I'd link him more to someone like Pogba at this stage.

Temptation

Haaland's demands are absolutely absurd. Apart from his frequent injuries, having Raiola as an agent will cost him dearly.

Raiola is one of the most overrated agents around. The image of a shrewd slimeball but an excellent agent is a carefully created image. Raiola has failed to get one of his most high-profile clients, Pogba, out of United to a club challenging for top honours. And Pogba has been unhappy and wanting a big move for years.

In terms of signing Haaland, the risk far outweighs the rewards. Dortmund were getting better results in the league before Haaland came than they did last season. This season they're doing well in the league again and guess what? Haaland has been injured for half the season.

Some of the demands are hilarious. What's next? Him asking clubs to pay for his cousin's exotic honeymoon?! Gimme a break!

KingLeo10

Haaland was hot stuff about 1.5 years ago, but the injuries since then, Dortmund being crap with or without him... his stock is getting cold if you ask me. No World Cup, Dortmund bounced even from Europa League... miles off from Lewandowski type where he was the best player in a CL finalist under Klopp.

I'd link him more to someone like Pogba at this stage.

Keep telling this to hype merchants who have him nailed on to score more goals than Messi or CR7 in his career, just because he had a great outing as a 19-20 year old.

He's got world class to perennial world class potential. Not GOAT tier IMO.

serghei

Keep telling this to hype merchants who have him nailed on to score more goals than Messi or CR7 in his career, just because he had a great outing as a 19-20 year old.

He's got world class to perennial world class potential. Not GOAT tier IMO.

He's got 3-4 levels to go through until even getting into ATG territory. This guy atm is nothing but promise based on some great numbers and skills displayed in a league that made Alcacer look like prime Aguero for one year.

Trickykid

Y'all are being silly.

Haaland's numbers in all leagues he's played in - ChL especially - are so absurdly ridiculous and puts him in a league of his own in terms of young talents. There is only him and the Madrid bound frenchie.

As others have mentioned, I do wonder how his physique and style of play holds up over time, though. Someone should probably tell him to track which side he's sleeping on...

Regardless I would absolutely love to see him here, just for the sheer god damned spectacle, no matter how it all goes down in the end. City and RM are ahead of us, I know, but I will keep hoping until anything is official. Being the superstar posterboy for the most exciting young core in world football must count for something, right?

Home of Barca Fans