La Liga Round 27: Elche - FC Barcelona 0-4

Horatio

You're welcome
Listening to Garcia in the post-match interview. He just said "I have been preparing in training to play in this position, and yeah sure...it leaves me more tired than in my regular position...".

Busquets the juggernaut?

Redbuck

Are you insane? Why wouldn't we be?

I'm just being cautious okay. If it was top tier opponents, then we have every right to wax lyrical about them, but since it's just Elche, I won't care much about it since they'll probably be having stinkers in our next match.

Porque

Bit miffed about that Garrido sub.

You're 4-0 up against a team worse than the top sides in LaLiga2, a chance to give some of the top performers of the B team a reward, and then you bring on a guy whose contract is up in the summer and can't even get the into the B team.

Fair play to the kid in all that, but not the right message. And yeah, I get that I haven't seen the weeks training sessions.

Nucky

Fati managed to be the worst on the pitch against the worst team in the league.. And then he wonders why he's sitting on the bench.. Raphinha is Ronaldinho compared to Fati

pers

Taking into consideration 6 first choice players didn't play it was good game (end result) for Barca. Upfront all forward players scored and defense was as strong as always. Funny thing tho is that watching this game I had no feeling that Elche is worst team than Barca.

Horatio

You're welcome
I had no feeling that Elche is worst team than Barca.

What game did you watch then? They were clearly inferior. Our team was jogging and still easily built up attacks and create danger. All of our attackers looked like speed demons. They didn't sit back but also did not press us. We had pretty easy time to move forward on the pitch.

pers

What game did you watch then? They were clearly inferior. Our team was jogging and still easily built up attacks and create danger. All of our attackers looked like speed demons. They didn't sit back but also did not press us. We had pretty easy time to move forward on the pitch.

I have different feeling about this game. Apart of my feelings looking at stats Barcelona had xG: 1,34 and Elche 1,13. Corners: Barca 3 Elche 11! Shots: Barca 10 Elche 9.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have different feeling about this game. Apart of my feelings looking at stats Barcelona had xG: 1,34 and Elche 1,13. Corners: Barca 3 Elche 11! Shots: Barca 10 Elche 9.

damn...surprised to see they had so many corners.

serghei

:lol:

They need to banish that xG stuff then. It's terrible. We dominated the whole game and created chances at will almost. How the fuck is xG 1.34 when we scored 4 goals and missed two absolute sitters by Lewa with the header from close range and Kounde that was clearned by a defender off the line?

ajnotkeith

:lol:

They need to banish that xG stuff then. It's terrible. We dominated the whole game and created chances at will almost. How the fuck is xG 1.34 when we scored 4 goals and missed two absolute sitters by Lewa with the header from close range and Kounde that was clearned by a defender off the line?

The whole point of xG is you look at it independently to what goals were scored or not. Against Madrid we actually created more and allowed less but you are letting the final result cloud the view of the facts.

Elche, in my opinion, were more threatening than Madrid. Their players suck so they couldn't capitalise on it but they were getting into the danger zones of the pitch a lot and had 2 seperate 1v1s where their attacker fell over both times whilst through on goal.. If they get attempts off on both those chances they probably end up with an actually higher xG than us.

This game was like a return to OG Xaviball where we put a lot of numbers forward and were winning 3 or 4-0, but still with holes defensively.

Last edited:

serghei

The whole point of xG is you look at it independently to what goals were scored or not.

But a team sitting on a 3-0 lead is not gonna play as focused and committed as if the score is 0-0, they are gonna relax, conserve energy, press less and of course concede more chances. It's a dumb stat.

The score is a major influencer of how things unfold in a match, you can't disregard it lol.

Just use your eyes ffs, it's obvious we bossed the game at ease.

xG is maybe useful in games ending with close scorelines, like draws or narrow wins/losses. That's about it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans