La Liga Round 28: FC Barcrelona - Girona 0-0

Birdy

How one of the best mds of all time in positional football is so clueless in making his mds generate chances is astonishing

Masetro10

Sad when you know Ansu/Raphinha/Ferran are outplayed by Alba as a winger. Those 3 just aren't it.

Lewa has no killer instinct these days and the midfield is basically not going to create anything until Pedri and De Jong return.

At this point I am hoping Abde returns and takes the LW spot because like Dembele he offers dribbling unlike all these guys who can't dribble my grandma.

The defense is not the problem for the most part. Arnau Martinez can come get that RB spot if you ask me, though. Barca isn't far off when healthy. But the current forwards are some of the worst I've seen even as bad as when we had Cristian Tello and Isaac Cuenca back in 2012

ajnotkeith

Way I see it too. La liga teams don't have the quality and physicality to bypass our press. And even when they do they can't finish clear cut chances.

Yep. It also says something that the winners of the last 3 LaLigas (Atletico, Madrid, Barca) had by far the best keeper in the league that season for their wins each time (Oblak, Courtois, Stegen). Having the best defense seems to win you the league as opposed to the best attack.

Attackers in this league especially are lower level compared to Prem/Serie A/Bundesliga etc. There are not many great attackers in this league, they either suck technically or suck physically.

Porque

LaLiga has less attacking talent than Serie A these days, and across the 20 clubs, probably less than Ligue1 too on an individual level.

Saying that, if we are going for anyone from Girona I would personally forget Arnau Martinez and go for Yan Couto.

A bit more risky but way more upside. His slight slowdown in development can be to our advantage given both budget and his potential.

fergus90

Jesus, Alvarez, Kolo Muani all went for less than what Barca paid for 34 year old Lewa.

What looked a decent transfer window in the summer has probably only produced one great signing in Christensen. The rest have disappointed or turned out to be the wrong profile.

JamDav1982

La Liga has less attacking talent than France, Germany and Italy by a long way across the board.

The mid to lower table la liga teams are worse than championship sides and lack pace/power.

Porque

La Liga has less attacking talent than France, Germany and Italy by a long way across the board.

The mid to lower table la liga teams are worse than championship sides and lack pace/power.

There's no money they say. But how can the French sides sign a lesser CVC and have money while the Spanish don't. Tebas is fucking things up with his austerity measures.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
There's no money they say. But how can the French sides sign a lesser CVC and have money while the Spanish don't. Tebas is fucking things up with his austerity measures.

French academies produce more quality players at a greater rate. LL usually has more South American talents though, that's where Tebas's measures hurt the league but due to the lingual and cultural links it's probably temporary.

Birdy

Jesus, Alvarez, Kolo Muani all went for less than what Barca paid for 34 year old Lewa.

What looked a decent transfer window in the summer has probably only produced one great signing in Christensen. The rest have disappointed or turned out to be the wrong profile.

So true. Kounde is also not a bad signing but nowhere near his summer hype.

That's the result of having Jordi Cryuff and Xavi picking targets.
I posted the other day that Ramon Planes picked Araujo, Pedri and Abde. He nailed it every time.
On the contrary, Xavi and Jordi don't have one hit so far with the exception of Kounde, the jury for whom is still out

Christensen and Kessie were Allemany choices, so I don't credit Christensen to Xavi and Jordi either

Porque

So true. Kounde is also not a bad signing but nowhere near his summer hype.

That's the result of having Jordi Cryuff and Xavi picking targets.
I posted the other day that Ramon Planes picked Araujo, Pedri and Abde. He nailed it every time.
On the contrary, Xavi and Jordi don't have one hit so far with the exception of Kounde, the jury for whom is still out

Christensen and Kessie were Allemany choices, so I don't credit Christensen to Xavi and Jordi either

Have you seen Pocho in the B? I can't believe we went to South America for Prestianni and come back with him.

JamDav1982

French academies produce more quality players at a greater rate. LL usually has more South American talents though, that's where Tebas's measures hurt the league but due to the lingual and cultural links it's probably temporary.

Nah even long before Tebas rules bit there was a lack of talents across to Spain.

They had long been going to EPL, Italy, Portugese teams and Ajax etc.

Home of Barca Fans